2009 GT5P Updates Wishlist!

It was 2 years 8 months between Japanese releases of GT3 and GT4. It's 4 years since GT4's Japanese release now. It will be 5 years in December 2009. That's too long.

It doesn't help with all the other stuff Magburner mentioned. Especially when it's the main games that rack up the major sales figures.

But you have to take into account there making GT5 on the PS3 which is there first PS3 game so it was always going to take longer and there first ever online game.

@RAVELLRON: No, it was a concept for GTHD Premium, i doubt we will see the most of that, dont take it as a fact, these are just ideas.

You'd think that people have nothing else to do but play the GT series. Even if the game is taking ages, who cares? When it arrives all will be forgotten.

Until then, get on with life and play other games.

So easy to say/write....
Especially when youre in the perfect GT mood, you know what i mean?
Im listening to Dennis Chambers right now, oh man, everytime when i here Jazz like this, my brain makes "GTGTGTGTGTGTGT" but i need this kind of stuff, or i would be a desperate Emo. lol
I started with GT2 again because i needed it, the cars, the tuning, the tracks.
I stopped now because of the graphics, got DiRT a couple of days ago, playing this now, but still can only think "wow how awesome would it be to drive this, or a similar car, in GT5 now".

A Prologue update with a new track or some new features would help a lot.

@RAVELLRON: No, it was a concept for GTHD Premium, i doubt we will see the most of that, dont take it as a fact, these are just ideas.

Even if it was, why do you feel we will never see those features? Maybe not for prologue if thats what you mean. I feel if they were thinking about those features at any point then its something they'd like to eventually include;)

But you have to take into account there making GT5 on the PS3 which is there first PS3 game so it was always going to take longer and there first ever online game.

The gap between GT2 on the PS1 and GT3 on the PS2 in Japan was one year and four months and that was a generation gap.

The gulf between the PS1 & PS2 is just as big as the one between the PS2 & PS3.

Even if it was, why do you feel we will never see those features? Maybe not for prologue if thats what you mean. I feel if they were thinking about those features at any point then its something they'd like to eventually include;)

Dont expect it and you wont get disappointed, case closed.
I hate it when people start whining after a game gets released, when some concept ideas didnt made it in. Thats why i react like that to such posts.

It's 4 years since GT4's Japanese release now. It will be 5 years in December 2009. That's too long.

It sure is! My two daughters were born in 2004, and its crazy to think that its been that long since GT4! Lets just hope they are still living with me when GT5 arrives eh? :lol:

in the image with KY
why would those options be ruled out in red for?

Fair enough for time trial u wouldn't want that in a online race

though

Drift contest would be great for online play to do a tandem drift with your friend that you invite from your list!

Tuning setting features should be a 100% MUST

i dont see why those would be ruled out?

I think what they're pointing out in that photo is that the red, or 'crossed out' items have already been implemented. The items that are not crossed out, we have yet to see.

The gap between GT2 on the PS1 and GT3 on the PS2 in Japan was one year and four months and that was a generation gap.

The gulf between the PS1 & PS2 is just as big as the one between the PS2 & PS3.

I think the gap is bigger to the PS3 because of multi-threading. For some reason the games industry is lagging in this area. Perhaps games don't lend themselves to multi-threading in the same way a RDBMS does, for example. However, having spoken to some developers it seems to me that they're just ignorant of these concepts.

So, I think it's taking longer to unlock the power of the PS3.

Anyway, times pretty much up for autumn, but I'm not too upset I've had more hours fun per Euro from GT5P than any other.

It was 2 years 8 months between Japanese releases of GT3 and GT4. It's 4 years since GT4's Japanese release now. It will be 5 years in December 2009. That's too long.

It doesn't help with all the other stuff Magburner mentioned. Especially when it's the main games that rack up the major sales figures.

Do you have any Idea how long it takes to create each car and how many lines of code go into GT5? I would think there would be close to a million lines of code for the game which also takes time. They cant just write hundreds of thousands of lines of code overnight nor can they produce hundreds of high poly cars overnight. GT5 is taking longer because the ammount of code and the ammount of time it takes to produce each car takes a lot longer for each towards what it did for GT4.

I can see GT6 (if it ever happens) taking close to 7 or 8 years to produce and each iteration of GT take longer because the ammount of code will increase which means more testing and the ammount of polies in each car will increase which will mean that it willtake longer to produce each car. Unless Sony produce some kind of magic technology to reduce production time I cant see the production time between games reduce any time soon.

If that's the case then GT5P wouldn't have been released yet. You employ the number of people it takes to do the job, governed by the amount of money you expect to earn.

If that's the case then GT5P wouldn't have been released yet. You employ the number of people it takes to do the job, governed by the amount of money you expect to earn.

Just goes to show how much you know about programming games or anything else. But who am I to interfere with your little fantasy world.

Tomorrow is The last Day of FALL.Fall ends winter Begins:) I think Kaz meant Australia Fall:) Lets have a look these online events on Thursday what will come to game without events?!

Tomorrow is The last Day of FALL.Fall ends winter Begins:) I think Kaz meant Australia Fall:) Lets have a look these online events on Thursday what will come to game without events?!

here in europe winter starts in 20 minutes....:guilty:

spyrrari.

in the image with KY
why would those options be ruled out in red for?

Fair enough for time trial u wouldn't want that in a online race

though

Drift contest would be great for online play to do a tandem drift with your friend that you invite from your list!

Tuning setting features should be a 100% MUST

i dont see why those would be ruled out?

I ruled out pretty much what Prologue has.
These were target features from a trade show i believe 2 years ago. This doesnt mean they WILL appear but as you can see some of them have appeared and indeed others could come with HOME and the whole new "Car Club" concept that GT5 may be the first on a console to use for online communities.

HOLIDAYS COMMENCING
Like i said earlier Japans Public holidays are about to begin on the Emperors Birthday 23rd then theirs the 24th and 25th so its now very doubtfull anything major regards an update will happen.

Last edited:
Yeh its old but its the first ive heard of HKS time attack cars being in GT5, which is cool.

GT5 is coming out in 2009, in japan atleast, its garunteed.

There is no fall update ,damage private races etc, nothing.. GT5 coming out in early 2010, Thanks PD, I dont believe promises or ONLY 1 word anymore, thats all....

Lol it was called the fall update because they 'Dropped' it lol

anyways Kaz said in Ahmeds interview "more updates were coming for sure" didn't he??

Back