2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 390 comments
Good job Red Bull,they show us that straight speed isn't everything,and great driving by both hulkemberg and Vettel, although I have this thought that he make pole due the tire warm up during the qualify,something that could be true but in race he shows that he had a lot of both skills and potential.

Did anyone see the post race conference? Alonso congratulated Red Bull and both of their drivers then Vettel says "I hope we see some nice ferrari smoke next weekend". I thought that was kind of mean.

Meh, Alonso laughed when vettel's engine went, it's all just banter.

Current drivers list:

Let the calculations begin...

1 Fernando Alonso Scuderia Ferrari 246
2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 238
3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 231
4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 222
5 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 199
6 Felipe Massa Scuderia Ferrari 143
7 Nico Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix 130
8 Robert Kubica Renault F1 126
9 Michael Schumacher Mercedes Grand Prix 72
10 Rubens Barrichello Williams F1 47
10 Adrian Sutil Force India F1 Team 47
12 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber F1 32
13 Nico Hülkenberg Williams F1 22
14 Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India F1 Team 20
15 Vitali Petrov Renault F1 19
16 Sebastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso 9
17 Pedro de la Rosa Sauber F1 6
17 Nick Heidfeld Sauber F1 6
19 Jaime Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso 3
20 Karun Chandhok Hispania Racing 0
20 Lucas di Grassi Virgin Racing 0
20 Timo Glock Virgin Racing 0
20 Christian Klien Hispania Racing 0
20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus F1 Racing 0
20 Bruno Senna Hispania Racing 0
20 Jarno Trulli Lotus F1 Racing 18 0
20 Sakon Yamamoto Hispania Racing 0

Yay for Vettel! All he needs to do now is win the next race, have Alonso finish 6th or lower, and the title will be his!

EDIT: Calculation time!

If Alonso finishes 1st or 2nd, he wins.
If Alonso finishes 3rd, 4th or 5th he wins if Webber is 2nd or lower.
If Alonso finishes 6th, he wins if Vettel is 2nd or lower and Webber is 3rd or lower.
If Alonso finishes 7th or 8th, he wins if Vettel is 2nd or lower and Webber is 4th or lower.
If Alonso finishes 9th, he wins if Vettel is 3rd or lower and Webber is 5th or lower.
If Alonso finishes 10th, he wins if Vettel is 3rd or lower and Webber is 6th or lower.
If Alonso finishes out of the points, he wins if Vettel is 3rd or lower, Webber is 6th or lower and Hamilton is 2nd or lower.

If Webber finishes 1st, he wins if Alonso is 3rd or lower.
If Webber finishes 2nd, he wins if Alonso is 5th or lower and Vettel is 3rd or lower.
If Webber finishes 3rd, he wins if Alonso is 7th or lower and Vettel is 2nd or lower.
If Webber finishes 4th, he wins if Alonso is 9th or lower and Vettel is 2nd or lower.
If Webber finishes 5th, he wins if Alonso is 10th or lower and Vettel is 3rd or lower.

If Vettel finishes 1st, he wins if Webber is 2nd or lower and Alonso is 6th or lower.
If Vettel finishes 2nd, he wins if Webber is 5th or lower and Alonso is 9th or lower.

If Hamilton finishes 1st, he wins if Alonso is 11th or lower, Webber is 6th or lower and Vettel is 3rd or lower.

Last edited:
Current drivers list:

Let the calculations begin...

1 Fernando Alonso Scuderia Ferrari 246
2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 238
3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 231
4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 222

So, Alonso to win must come second

Webber must come first with Alonso 3rd

Vettel must come First with Alonso 6th

Hamilton must come 1st, Alonso 11th or lower, Webber 6th or lower AND Vettel 3rd or lower

So, Alonso to win must come second

Webber must come first with Alonso 3rd

Vettel must come First with Alonso 6th

Hamilton must come 1st, Alonso 11th or lower, Webber 6th or lower AND Vettel 3rd or lower

Hamilton still have some chances,well anything can happen at this point,lets see what happens next week(I giving my hopes to Webber although Vettel have very good chances) .

Meh, Alonso laughed when vettel's engine went, it's all just banter.

Yea I thought it was rather amusing really :lol: It found it funny how Vettel kept going on about his wishes (to see Alonso engine blow up) like a giddy/nervous school girl after Alonso looked over and smirked at him :lol:

Abu Dhabi is a McLaren-Ferrari track. No Red Bull win there.

It should suit the Ferrari's best and the Mclaren quite well, but I wouldn't write off the RB's one bit either, especially when you disregard the fact that anything can happen throughout a 1.5 hour long race.

The only problem with that statement is that every track is a Red Bull track.

Not true. Monza was clearly not a RB track.

Last edited:
Why does the FIA not wave the backmarkers around during a SC restart? In my opinion they should rethink that.

Why does the FIA not wave the backmarkers around during a SC restart? In my opinion they should rethink that.

They need to rethink a lot of things. But yea, it would have been nice to have seen the backmarkers waved through - as all they did was really screw up the race IMO, and particularly a potential fight between Vettel, Webber, (which was shaping up before the SC) and Alonso.

Post #336. Basically, Alonso has it. He can afford to finish anywhere, or not at all, the others can't.

As much as I don't like the team I have to say congratulations to red bull for winning the constructors championship.

Post #336. Basically, Alonso has it. He can afford to finish anywhere, or not at all, the others can't.

Which begs the question......Would RB do anything different next week if the race works out the same as this week? Not very surprised they didn't put Webber ahead of Vettle, but would they next week if Alonso is in 3rd?

BAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I'm sorry, but your blind love of Ferrari has indebted you with a Ceausescu-like grasp on reality.

The very long straights, McLaren. Ferrari is up there on speed too, Red Bull is not so fast on the straights. The track doesn't really have much high speed, except for the first few corners.

What's so funny?

Thank god we only have a 1 week rest period until the finale in Abu Dhabi...I think the anticipation would kill me if it were any longer :lol:

The very long straights, McLaren. Ferrari is up there on speed too, Red Bull is not so fast on the straights. The track doesn't really have much high speed, except for the first few corners.

What's so funny?

It's only so funny because he hates all things related to Ferrari (including their supporters) - hence the need to laugh hysterically at your comments. Either way, you were incorrect in writing RB off for a win though - as anything can happen. Although I think it is a fair bet that Ferrari will likely be strongest around there if they are running their engines at full tilt (as power for the longs straights is the only real area where they have much of an advantage on RB6, which happens to be a very strong in any type of corner, slow or fast, bumpy, etc).

Last edited:
The track doesn't really have much high speed, except for the first few corners.
You've got the long back straight and the reverse Eau Rouge. Every other corner is stop-start. Not unlike, say Monaco. Or Spain. Or Hungary. Or Valencia. Red Bull's only weakness is on the straights.

What's so funny?
The fact that you think Red Bull stand no chance in Abu Dhabi despite the fact that the dominated there last year and have this year pretty much dominated - or at least been a force to be reckoned with - in every race that they did in 2009.

Which begs the question......Would RB do anything different next week if the race works out the same as this week? Not very surprised they didn't put Webber ahead of Vettle, but would they next week if Alonso is in 3rd?

Unless Alonso says "my engine will explode in the next five laps", they're likely to make them swap so Webber takes the title.

(Obviously without ordering them to)

The fact that you think Red Bull stand no chance in Abu Dhabi despite the fact that the dominated there last year and have this year pretty much dominated - or at least been a force to be reckoned with - in every race that they did in 2009.

I agree that it's stupid to say that RB have no chance to win at Abu Dhabi, but why bother going off last years results which are rather meaningless when it comes to predicting the relative strength of each car at Abu Dhabi this year? As this years Ferrari in particular is a completely different car compared to the F60 of last year. And to set the record straight, the RB's were not dominating at Abu Dhabi last year. Hamilton grabbed pole by a huge margin but had brake issues during the race (IIRC) which put him out and gave RB the easy 1-2.

^^^^^^

What he said.

I also d oremember a certain Red Bull having a Brawn breathing down his neck for the last bunch of laps of the race.

Back