2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 390 comments
Here's what will happen at Abu Dhabi guys. Red Bulls will qualify 1st and 2nd, with alonso, hamilton and button behind in that order. Then about 15 laps in Alonso's engine will blow and he does not finish the race scores no points. Then with 5 laps to go the Red Bulls whilst fighting for first place crash, with Webber suffering from a puncture and Vettel a broken front wing. They both limp back into the pits and Vettel re-joins in 3rd and Webber back in 6th. The race ends with Hamilton winning ahead of Button and the WDC looks like:

1. Hamilton - 247
2. Alonso - 246
3. Webber - 246
4. Vettel - 246
5. Button - 217
:sly:

Here's what will happen at Abu Dhabi guys. Red Bulls will qualify 1st and 2nd, with alonso, hamilton and button behind in that order. Then about 15 laps in Alonso's engine will blow and he does not finish the race scores no points. Then with 5 laps to go the Red Bulls whilst fighting for first place crash, with Webber suffering from a puncture and Vettel a broken front wing. They both limp back into the pits and Vettel re-joins in 3rd and Webber back in 6th. The race ends with Hamilton winning ahead of Button and the WDC looks like:

1. Hamilton - 247
2. Alonso - 246
3. Webber - 246
4. Vettel - 246
5. Button - 217
:sly:

Haha great, I would laugh my ass off.

If Vettel finishes 1st, he wins if Webber is 2nd or lower and Alonso is 6th or lower.

If Vettel finishes 1st, Webber 2nd and Alonso 5th, all three would be tied on 256 points. Vettel would win on countback as he has 3 4th places to Alonso's 2.

Yes. But both Vettel and Alonso would have 5 wins (to Webber's 4), so it goes to 2nd places. Both would have 2 2nd places, so it goes to 3rd places. Both would have 3 3rd places, so it goes to 4ths - of which Vettel has 3 to Alonso's 2, giving Seb the championship.

What did you expect? He did a good job defending, but with such a huge power deficit, no way could he keep that place in the dry.

Huh? Power deficit? I think the Cosworths have been shown to have decent power this year, they have always been good for power, its major problem is losing power over its life.
If he had had a power deficit, he wouldn't have gotten pole, greasy conditions or not.

Rubens was asked at the start of the year of his thoughts on the Mercedes-Cosworth comparison and he commented favourbly, saying the Cosworth was drivable and had good power.

The Williams' problem has been and will always be aerodynamics. They have never really replaced Newey properly since he left.
The Williams has also shown a charateristic of being poor at the start of races this year but steadily improving over the race. Its also had a record of poor starts though Hulk and Rubens had decent ones today so hopefully they've sorted that out.

Anyway, a relatively dull race, it had drama but not really the best race this year. Congrats to Red Bull, they really tried to lose this championship but they appear to have it all sorted now, just the WDC remaining.
Good drives from the usual suspects, gutted that we missed out on an epic fight between the Red Bulls or even Alonso.

A Brit's a Brit :D

(does this mean you're back online again? How you fixed for next Sunday? :D)

Imagine if Newey had actually joined Jaguar in 2001/2002? Red Bull may never have bought the team and Ford may have stayed longer...

Imagine if Newey had actually joined Jaguar in 2001/2002? Red Bull may never have bought the team and Ford may have stayed longer...

... and Webber may not have left to drive the shopping cart with Williams livery on it.

I think this is the first race we've come out of without a raging argument over a race incident. Usually, we'd be up to page 30 by now arguing about whose at fault for what.

I think this is the first race we've come out of without a raging argument over a race incident. Usually, we'd be up to page 30 by now arguing about whose at fault for what.

That's because this was possibly the most uneventful race of the season. Hulk getting overtaken in 3 seconds flat was pretty lol-worthy though. I'm starting to think the NASCAR fanboys might be right.

1st off, congrats to Red Bull for the constructors title. Well done boys!

My grief from the race is the safety car. Backmarkers should be allowed to pass the safety car once all cars are in formation. It gives a greater spectacle for the viewer, by letting the cars on the same lap fight for position, and is fairer to the other drivers. Kubica was really disadvantaged by the safety car, as he was just lapped by the Vettel when Luizzi crashed. he did not get the opportunity to take any more places, which could have happend if he was allowed to unlap himself.

And in Abu Dhabi, if the podium is the same in Brazil with the end of the race approching, will Vettel give way? Both RBR drivers would be briefed on the championship situation before the race, but will Vettel allow the Aussie through? One ponders the thoughts of the young German....

My grief from the race is the safety car. Backmarkers should be allowed to pass the safety car once all cars are in formation. It gives a greater spectacle for the viewer, by letting the cars on the same lap fight for position, and is fairer to the other drivers. Kubica was really disadvantaged by the safety car, as he was just lapped by the Vettel when Luizzi crashed. he did not get the opportunity to take any more places, which could have happend if he was allowed to unlap himself.

They mentioned this on the post-race BBC forum and Brundle pointed out that they had this rule before (I think 2008 was the last time). It meant that it took ages for the safety car period to end while it waited for those cars to circulate around again, which meant more laps under the safety car. Would you rather have more racing laps or less traffic?

In a race like Brazil, thats normally well under the 2 hour limit, they could let the lapped cars through to rejoin at the back, and add X nuber of laps to the race, like they do in other race categories.

Thats a little complicated if the race was run in difficult conditions (increases race time) or delayed. Not to mention you couldn't use that rule in places like Singapore. Other categories are not tied to this 2 hour limit like F1 is - the 2 hour limit is to help TV stations so they don't overrun their schedules too much.

Congratulations to Red Bull, they finally pulled it off and win the constructor title... Guess its just one more week before we know our real world champion. The race was fantastic, especially with the ''Train of 8 cars :lol:'' battling really hard but shame we have it all really tense up in the last 10 laps... Great race afterall, didn't waste or lose anything by staying up.

Without realising, how quick it is being a year already. Bring Abu Dhabi on!

Roo
If Vettel finishes 1st, Webber 2nd and Alonso 5th, all three would be tied on 256 points. Vettel would win on countback as he has 3 4th places to Alonso's 2.
Cool! However, I think the countback system should also factor in wins handed to drivers by their teammates, counting them negatively... Vettel 0, Alonso -1...

Should be a great party in Abu Dhabi. I'm looking forward to the Abu Dhabi doo.

Did anyone see Webber interrupting Vettel's interview on the F1 forum:

He acts as if he has won the driver's championship.

Last edited:
Cool! However, I think the countback system should also factor in wins handed to drivers by their teammates, counting them negatively... Vettel 0, Alonso -1...

Or you could have the countback system taking into account the number of times you've taken out a competitor through sheer incompetence or even malice.

Alonso 0 (or possibly -1, I have a dim recollection of an incident with Petrov)

Webber -1

Vettel -Too many to count

Or you could have the countback system taking into account the number of times you've taken out a competitor through sheer incompetence or even malice.

Alonso 0 (or possibly -1, I have a dim recollection of an incident with Petrov)

Webber -1

Vettel -Too many to count

Webber is at least -3 this year following that.

I can't wait for the next race. Alonso will win the championship there and I think we will get a new winner.

Back