2010 F1 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter waggles
  • 458 comments
I found a video of it, as long as it lasts in Youtube...

My view, Button did nothing wrong there, I can hardly see him move. Even if he moved, Vettel was just too close to Button to make a move on him, also some availabe space there.. Vettel just lost it there, worth noting the track is a little damp.

That's your opinion. And we already know Button moved in relation to the track edge through the kink and as it straightened out, so that proves nothing.

It's terms of judgement it's your racing eye vs. mine. Who's to say which one is better...

Nothing to do with "racing eyes" and simply "eyes". ;)
Indeed its my opinion. I never see Button's car move from all the camera shots I've seen.

That's your opinion. And we already know Button moved in relation to the track edge through the kink and as it straightened out, so that proves nothing.

It's terms of judgement it's your racing eye vs. mine. Who's to say which one is better...

Vettel apologised for causing the crash.

So... whose racing eye is better, yours or his?

* Actually, judging by some of his moves this season, probably not his

50-54 seconds, see the flex reduce under Jenson's clean air

Thanks to Byron of Gamers-Crib forums for the find.

Last edited:
Next time Vettel cuts up 'Tonio, I'm going to cut his elbows off.

It's okay dearest. Next time.

50-54 seconds, see the flex reduce under Jenson's clean air

Thanks to Byron of Gamers-Crib forums for the find.

Could it be that the dramatic increase of downforce when he pulls out of the slipstream made the car unstable? I mean, granted, you get more downforce out of the slipstream... but if the front wing gets more downforce than the rest of the elements, that can majorly upset the car. Would help explain the rear-end breakaway.

understand the word flex, it doesn't flex, not that you can clearly see in the video anyway, it wabbles, when one side goes down the other side goes up.

The wing does bends from what I understand by the meaning of flex/flexing. When you're taking a left corner, the right side of the wing flex downwards. When you turn right, the left side of the wing flex downwards while on straight, both left and right flex downwards. It has already happened and being seen clearly since Hockenheim. I know when he was right behind Jenson's car, it wobbles but usually front wing cannot wobbles or flex or whatever you want to call it that badly....

Look I understand what is flex and what is wobble or wabble... But in this case of this Red Bull RB6, it's more to flex than wobble thus naming this as flexi wing.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the team orders incident? Because Ferrari were fined at the race, and referred on to the WMSC.

No I was refering to the Barechello/ Alonso incident. It involves a ferrari so after the race. Vettel/Button no ferrari involved so during the race.

No I was refering to the Barechello/ Alonso incident. It involves a ferrari so after the race. Vettel/Button no ferrari involved so during the race.

Said Ferrari didn't cause the incident... so I don't see the connection if you're suggesting the FIA only decides whether or not to give Ferarris penalties after the race.

And... gee... let's see... whole gaggle of cars speeding during the safety car a few races back. Not a single Ferrari amongst them. Decided after the race.

Well, well, well. Seems Brundle isn't delusional at all:

That's no 2 meters in my book as he claimed though...more like 1 meter at the very most. But regardless, it was still an illegal starting position and a penalty should have been handed out.

If anyones delusional then surely Charlie must be - He must have been up in his box dozing off with a bottle of booze in his lap :lol: :rolleyes:

Things like this that go unnoticed (we saw at least two during this race alone) and inconsistent calls are what make me question the credibility of the Championship. I mean what if two Championship contenders both happened to have 1 illegal start during the season and only one driver was punished for doing so (meaning he had to serve a drive thru, theoretically losing positions/points), allowing the other driver or team to win the WDC or WCC due to inconsistent enforcement by the FIA. To me this is complete and utter bullcrap and FIA really need to get their act together, because from what I've seen thus far this season (and in the past few seasons) they influence the results too much with their inconsistent enforcement and penalties, among other things (changing rules mid season, rules that are contradictory, etc.) :ill:

Last edited:
Distance is irrelvant, really, he's still well over the line, if it was a little bit, fine, but that's quite a way to go over the line.

Distance is irrelvant, really, he's still well over the line, if it was a little bit, fine, but that's quite a way to go over the line.

Huh? You're contradicting yourself. And btw, who are you directing your statement (or response) at?

1 meter is likely to elicit no penalty... Looking it up, Webber also overshot his box by about a meter earlier in the season and was not penalized. Looking through the rules, it seems it's at the disgression of the stewards, though personally, if your front axle is over the line, that should be a five second penalty.

If anyones delusional then surely Charlie must be - He must have been up in his box dozing off with a bottle of booze in his lap :lol: :rolleyes:

Hello AUP?

Oh ok, sorry everyone is so up tight (especially in this so serious video game forum) and have no sense of humor in this day in age. :lol:You can't even crack a joke without someone going into policeman mode at the blink of an eye :rolleyes:

I'm about to retire from the F1 section of this forum. In fact this will be one of my last post in this section of the forum, because tbh, there are just too many squares for my liking, who like to get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

I'm sure I can do something better and more productive with my time anyway :lol: :dunce: Lke actually spending more time racing firsthand and not sitting back and just going on and on talking about races from an outside perspective like so many here do.

1 meter is likely to elicit no penalty... Looking it up, Webber also overshot his box by about a meter earlier in the season and was not penalized. Looking through the rules, it seems it's at the disgression of the stewards, though personally, if your front axle is over the line, that should be a five second penalty.

Then where in the hell is the cut off??? "[sarcasm] Oh wait, lets get out the tape measure and go run down there and see how far Massa is over the "you'll get a penalty if you cross the invisible starting box markings" which of course we make up on the fly and don't specify beforehand[sarcasm]" :lol: To me that kind of thing is black and white as you seemed to allude to. The line is there to determine your starting position...if you're over that line by a noticeable (beyond obvious in Massa's case) margin you should be penalized for doing so.

Last edited:
Oh ok, sorry everyone is so up tight (especially in this so serious video game forum) and have no sense of humor in this day in age. :lol:You can't even crack a joke without someone going into policeman mode at the blink of an eye :rolleyes:

Well... if you'd made a crack about Max Mosley and a prostitute in an SS uniform, I wouldn't react, because there's evidence of such...

I'm about to retire from the F1 section of this forum. In fact this will be one of my last post in this section of the forum, because tbh, there are just too many squares for my liking, who like to get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Have fun. Sorry if we're not too accomodating of outrageous claims...

I'm sure I can do something better and more productive with my time anyway :lol: :dunce: Lke actually spending more time racing firsthand and not sitting back and just going on and on talking about races from an outside perspective like so many here do.

I take it you're taking up an F1 career? :D

Then where in the hell is the cut off??? "[sarcasm] Oh wait, lets get out the tape measure and go run down there and see how far Massa is over the "you'll get a penalty if you cross the invisible starting box markings" which of course we make up on the fly and don't specify beforehand[sarcasm]" :lol: To me that kind of thing is black and white as you seemed to allude to. The line is there to determine your starting position...if you're over that line by a noticeable (beyond obvious in Massa's case) margin you should be penalized for doing so.

Just noting that there's precedent where a driver wasn't penalized for it... and nobody else seems unduly bothered. But I quite agree... if you're obviously over the line, that's got to be a penalty. When you get paid ridiculous sums of money to drive a racing car, you ought to know, at least, how to park it between the lines. :lol:

Which part of the AUP are you referring to exactly? False Info?

If so then that's just ridiculous, it was quite obviously a joke. If that's correct then why not report every joke posted here that isn't entirely true?

Which part of the AUP are you referring to exactly? False Info?

If so then that's just ridiculous, it was quite obviously a joke. If that's correct then why not report every joke posted here that isn't entirely true?

I just might. :lol: Had to wade through three days of posts (trying to ignore them) where timeattack kept saying that somebody else said something (quite insistently) when they didn't. Kinda hard to tell when he's being serious.

Latest Posts

Back