2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I would be pissed if those to did that to each other lol.

So would I. It would be really disappointing to see one Red Bull take the other out in the final race. I wouldn't want to see another incident mirroring that of Istanbul at this point of the season.

I think RBR's drivers are beyond that. At the moment, they're happy to be back on top, and won't want to do anything to ruin that.

Engines will play a big role here. This is a fast track, and that will put a lot of stress on the engines... and it could potentially favor the McLarens over race distance... which could mix up the finishing order of the top three drivers enough to affect the championship results.

Not really rooting for anyone here... whoever wins, Alonso, Vettel or Webber (honestly... it would take a miracle for Hamilton to win it all), I'll be happy. We've had an incredibly close and competitive season (despite the RBR's technical superiority) and whoever wins it, we've all won for having witnessed such a spectacle.

But seriously... why is everyone trying to blow up Alonso's engine? We've got Mark "The Bulldozer" Webber and Sebastian "I'm numbah one!" Vettel in the other two cars... I don't think that they're any better than Fernando "The Crybaby" Alonso... :lol:

I think RBR's drivers are beyond that. At the moment, they're happy to be back on top, and won't want to do anything to ruin that.

Engines will play a big role here. This is a fast track, and that will put a lot of stress on the engines... and it could potentially favor the McLarens over race distance... which could mix up the finishing order of the top three drivers enough to affect the championship results.

Not really rooting for anyone here... whoever wins, Alonso, Vettel or Webber (honestly... it would take a miracle for Hamilton to win it all), I'll be happy. We've had an incredibly close and competitive season (despite the RBR's technical superiority) and whoever wins it, we've all won for having witnessed such a spectacle.

But seriously... why is everyone trying to blow up Alonso's engine? We've got Mark "The Bulldozer" Webber and Sebastian "I'm numbah one!" Vettel in the other two cars... I don't think that they're any better than Fernando "The Crybaby" Alonso... :lol:

I agree with that statement. So it seems no one likes this season how it panned out and specially interludes seems to be like Alonso's biggest fan. I seriously hope no one's engine gets blown and the one that will get the title atleast beaten his rivals on the track.

If Alonso wins and people whine about hockenheim just link them this

Fangio took over his team-mate's cars after his suffered mechanical problems in three races, the Argentine, Monaco and Italian Grands Prix. In each case the points were shared between the two drivers. At the season-ending Italian Grand Prix, Fangio's Ferrari team mate Peter Collins, who was in a position to win the World Championship with just 15 laps to go, handed over his car to Fangio. They shared the six points won for second place, giving Fangio the World title.

Honestly it will be a very interesting race.

(Caution- I severley dislike Alonso) I just hope one of the RBR's wins it. Preferbly Webber, but Vettel will be alright. My father will definatly say "Kraut 🤬", but I don't care. Just not Alonso

I think the only way the championship situation could be more interesting would be if Vettel let Webber through in the last ten laps, only for Alonso's engine to give up a lap later ...

Why would Alonso's engine give up in Abu Dhabi, when the old engine in Brazil worked fine?

Oh boy, I have a race to do the very day i'll either be heartbroken, or ecstatic.

This season has been absolutely brilliant. I really hope Alonso or Hamilton can take it. RBR messing up this final race somehow would basically sum up the whole season where they all but had the championship from round one but screwed it up for themselves. Either way I'm sure this final race will be a spectacle.

Why would Alonso's engine give up in Abu Dhabi, when the old engine in Brazil worked fine?

Oh boy, I have a race to do the very day i'll either be heartbroken, or ecstatic.

Ever heard of a mechanical failure? Vettel's engine in Korea was fine wherever he used it beforehand.

I'm just saying, the odds are very low. Lower than they were last week.

If Alonso doesn't win the WDC, I think i'll end up crying. Anyone else might shed some tears?

Because Abu Dhabi is very stressful on engines, unlike Brazil. It's one of the most stressful on the calendar. From the first corner, you're got the high speed section over the hill. Then you've got the chicane and the hairpin. Then the longest straight on the calendar. Followed by a heavy braking zone. And another long straight, the second-fastest part of the circuit. And then there's a yet another braking zone. And the rest of the lap is stop-start, stop-start.

If Alonso doesn't win the WDC, I think i'll end up crying. Anyone else might shed some tears?
Only for the sport if Alonso wins the championship because of Germany. If he wins by seven points or less, he has no claim to the title. Ferrari will have successfully destroyed one of the best seasons of racing. He doesn't deserve it at all.

Only for the sport if Alonso wins the championship because of Germany. If he wins by seven points or less, he has no claim to the title. Ferrari will have successfully destroyed one of the best seasons of racing. He doesn't deserve it at all.

I didn't have to wait long

Fangio took over his team-mate's cars after his suffered mechanical problems in three races, the Argentine, Monaco and Italian Grands Prix. In each case the points were shared between the two drivers. At the season-ending Italian Grand Prix, Fangio's Ferrari team mate Peter Collins, who was in a position to win the World Championship with just 15 laps to go, handed over his car to Fangio. They shared the six points won for second place, giving Fangio the World title.

Only for the sport if Alonso wins the championship because of Germany. If he wins by seven points or less, he has no claim to the title..

Tell that to Alonso or half of the audience that probably don't share your opinion.

Ferrari will have successfully destroyed one of the best seasons of racing. He doesn't deserve it at all.

It's been a great season to witness regardless of Hockenheim - unless Alonso (in general) and the Hockenheim incident have eaten at you so much that you can't even enjoy watching a race anymore without seeing something unfortunate happen to the "villians".

And as far as "he doesn't deserve it at all" if he wins by less than 7 points, that's a matter of opinion. Personally I feel that even if he wins by 1 point, he will have been more deserving than Webber, who has had no reliability issues (unlike his teammate who has had 2 reliability/mechancial related DNF's and basically lost 50 points from those two race alone) and has had a vastly superior car to the Ferrari which should have allowed him to wrap up the WDC a few races ago if he truly was driving to their (Alonso and Vettel in particular) level this year..

Mark has simply been the luckiest driver of the season in regards to getting away from questionable accidents unscathed (Turkey and Singapore) and counting on his teammate to have all of the reliability issues which have basically gifted Mark a shot at the WDC.

Just some food for thought when it comes to who really "deserves" the WDC based on driving merit/performance alone.

Last edited:
Tell that to Alonso or half of the audience that probably don't share your opinion.
I'm sorry, are you still around? I thought you got the message - you're not welcome here so long as you keep up your holier-than-thou attitude.

Mark has simply been the luckiest driver of the season in regards to getting away from questionable accidents unscathed (Turkey and Singapore) and counting on his teammate to have all of the reliability issues which have basically gifted Mark a shot at the WDC.
Webber, the luckiest driver? How many times did Alonso benefit from someone else's reliability problems?

Drivers don't swap cars anymore, but it wasn't too long ago when a driver could use a spare car.

-

While I'm still sore about Hockenheim, I've accepted it. Alonso has fought like a devil to get to this point in the Championship. He's whined, he's pouted, he's gone into fits of near-apoplectic rage... but he's delivered results. More results out of less material than either Red Bull driver. He's got much better racecraft than either Vettel or Webber (though I believe Vettel may be his match in terms of pure ability) and he's fought for the right to be considered number one on his team... he hasn't sat back and expected it to be handed to him on a golden platter.

How would people feel, I wonder, if Red Bull had been successful in swapping Vettel and Webber in Turkey? Surely people's memories can't be that short? Red Bull had attempted a position swap, having Webber tune down his engine while letting Vettel get closer. Then they threw a collective fit of rage that Mark didn't simply pull wide and let Vettel through.

That they even attempted it, in my opinion, makes them just as bad as Ferrari. If we're to penalize "team orders" by denying teams the championship, neither team should count.

Both incidents, however, were team decisions, not driver decisions. Thus, again, I don't think Alonso is any less deserving of the title than either RBR driver. They all have their personality problems, but whoever wins will deserve it, one way or another.

He's whined, he's pouted, he's gone into fits of near-apoplectic rage... but he's delivered results.
Do we really want the best season of racing in recent memory to be won by the guy who complaine the most?

How would people feel, I wonder, if Red Bull had been successful in swapping Vettel and Webber in Turkey? Surely people's memories can't be that short? Red Bull had attempted a position swap, having Webber tune down his engine while letting Vettel get closer. Then they threw a collective fit of rage that Mark didn't simply pull wide and let Vettel through.
I don't remember it being a position swap. Where is it written that they tried to use team orders? Vettel attempted to pass Webber, and got it wrong. Webber never even moved over.

That was sixty years ago. The world has changed. After all, just because it was acceptable then, it doesn't mean it's acceptable now.

But by your logic Fangio didn't deserve that title.

But by your logic Fangio didn't deserve that title.
If he had to resort to team orders, then no - he didn't deserve it. The flaw in your argument is that you assume I think Fangio winning that way was okay, but Alonso winning is not. I don't. It doesn't matter who uses them; anyone who wins with team orders doesn't deserve the title. Ever.

by letting seb wins at brazil is already a team order in my opinion.. they clearly want seb to take the wdc, not mark. besides, it's mark that whined about team order thing several months ago, so now he gets what he want, an equality. :)

If he had to resort to team orders, then no - he didn't deserve it. The flaw in your argument is that you assume I think Fangio winning that way was okay, but Alonso winning is not. I don't. It doesn't matter who uses them; anyone who wins with team orders doesn't deserve the title. Ever.

I think you will find just about everyone won due to some sort of team orders at one point or another.

F1 is a team sport and thus you have team orders.

F1 is a team sport and thus you have team orders.
That argument doesn't fly. If manipulating a race by having one driver deliberately crash at a time that will help the other driver is illegal, then manipulating a race by having one driver move over for the other is also illegal.

Do we really want the best season of racing in recent memory to be won by the guy who complaine the most?

Webber's dramatics at Turkey certainly deserved an Oscar. And if we're talking about complaining over the radio, I'm not sure who's worse... Vettel or Hamilton... :lol:

I don't remember it being a position swap. Where is it written that they tried to use team orders? Vettel attempted to pass Webber, and got it wrong. Webber never even moved over.

It wasn't. But from the team's reaction to the incident, they apparently expected Mark to pull out of Vettel's way.

Besides... where is it written that Ferrari used team orders on Massa? A lot of us speculate (and I believe it to be so), but there's no solid evidence that they did, which is how they escaped punishment.

Of course not, because then we would have to hear 1000 more miserable post from you and others bitching and moaning about that arrogant cock Alonso.

Also, it's quite ironic how some of you can't stand Alonso when he complains about something, yet all of you who criticize, whine, and complain about him for being a "cry baby" are guilty of the same very thing.

Ok, so theoretically just about every Formula 1 Championship should be diregarded according to your logic. Team orders, which give even the slightest advantage to one driver in any particular way (whether it be strategy, new parts, vehicle development, who gets the stronger engines, who gets the band-aided chassis like in RB's case, etc.) are nearly impossible to rid of in this sport - and even the slight "team order" which we do not often see can make the difference in which team mate wins the WDC at the end of the year. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited:
Team orders, which give even the slightest advantage to one driver in any particular way (race strategy, new parts, development strategy, etc.) are nearly impossible to rid of in this sport. Sorry to burst your bubble.
So yout theory is that everybody does it and therefore it should be allowed? Why don't ke just run with scissors while we're at it, ot talk to some strangers because they might have candy?

I have no issue with a team favouring one driver over another when one driver is a) out of the championship race or b) all but out of the championship race. But when teams start issuing orders that ruin one driver's right to compete for the championship in favour of their other driver (who doesn't even need it), then things are out fo control. I suggest you read this.

So yout theory is that everybody does it and therefore it should be allowed? Why don't ke just run with scissors while we're at it, ot talk to some strangers because they might have candy?].

I'm not sure how my "theory" suggested such (even though I actually do feel that way). I simply said that in nearly every Championship in Formula 1, team orders (or driver favoritism) to some extent have been implemented and have often decided the WDC. Which brings me to my point - why make such a big deal and fuss about it (especially now) after all of the years that have past, and why even watch F1 if you so sincerely despise team orders? In my case it is just something that I have come to accept, as it is a neccesary evil for the ultimate cause of the teams at times, which the FIA don't seem to take too seriously. If you want to continue complaining about team orders, why not do something productive with your negativity like write a letter/petition to the FIA or something...because some of us get tired of hearing the same old story, you know...

I have no issue with a team favoring one driver over another when one driver is a) out of the championship race or b) all but out of the championship race. But when teams start issuing orders that ruin one driver's right to compete for the championship in favour of their other driver (who doesn't even need it), then things are out fo control. I suggest you read this.

It only takes a bit of sense to realize Massa was realistically out of the WDC hunt coming into Hockenheim. If you couldn't see the reasons for this by then (or by now), I don't know what to tell you.

And it's funny you continue to say he (Alonso) doesn't even need those 7 points - because as I said before, if he wins the WDC by less than 7 points, you can't tell me Ferrari and Alonso will regret what they did back @ Hockenheim.

Last edited:
So yout theory is that everybody does it and therefore it should be allowed? Why don't ke just run with scissors while we're at it, ot talk to some strangers because they might have candy?

Which has what to do with the sport, exactly?

We're talking about rules. And rules need to be clear, otherwise, they're open to interpretation. It's clear that you can't overtake behind the safety car. It's clear that you can't perform more than one defensive move per straight or corner. It's clear that you can't order one driver to let another overtake him. But it's not clear that one driver cannot decide to do so on his own.

Team Orders is an unenforceable rule. It's legal for team-mates to pull over for each other. It's only illegal for teams to specifically order them to do so. In this case, as Massa has pointed out... he did make the decision to pull aside for Alonso. Even if he was issued an order, in code, to do so... it's his choice whether to follow orders or not.

And that's where the whole thing falls apart. Massa pouted badly about that incident... but he did the same for Kimi years ago... Kimi did it for him, likewise, when he had a better chance of winning the championship.

No explicit team orders were given. Massa was told Alonso was faster, and that was it.

Again... Red Bull told Mark the exact same thing before the Turkey incident. They told him that Vettel was faster. Take from that what you will. Red Bull even had to defend themselves, saying: “We informed Mark about the situation and it is for the driver to decide.”

In this case, Red Bull is exactly as guilty as Ferrari of attempting team orders. Which is either 100% guilty or not guilty at all.

Again... I don't like it... but I'm not going to agonize over either incident till the end of the season. That's racing, that's life.

Again... Red Bull told Mark the exact same thing before the Turkey incident. They told him that Vettel was faster.

In this case, Red Bull is exactly as guilty as Ferrari of attempting team orders. Which is either 100% guilty or not guilty at all.
Who says that was a coded message? They could have just as easily meant "Mark, Sebastian is faster than you, so if you want to stay in front, you're going to have to push a little harder". You have no proof that it was a coded message other than a) the likes of Marko being quick to blame Webber and b) Ferrari using the same phrase to tell Massa to move over four races later.

Back