2010 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Each of the three is a likely possibility, but all three at once would strain the bounds of probablility... :D

Yea, it's quite a stretch without question. :sly: Hamilton would undoubtedly acquire a perma-grin (permanent grin) if he does miraculously manage to win the WDC though, especially over Alonso by just 1 point :lol:

I thought the "clearest hint" was when he said at Brazil: "I will do what is best for the team".

Fortunately for us, there is a chance Vettel could be in title contention at different stages of the race, and as people have mentioned, he could let Webber through only for Alonso to retire.....is Vettel really going to hold station behind Webber with a chance to take it? Is Webber going to let him through? Not a chance :lol:.

Basically, we kind of want a Red Bull 1-2 on lap 1 and for Alonso to retire. :D Or even, Alonso drops from 3rd to 6th somehow after Vettel lets Webber past. Then Vettel fights Webber, gets past only for Alonso to catch up to 3rd on the last lap....

Fortunately for us, there is a chance Vettel could be in title contention at different stages of the race, and as people have mentioned, he could let Webber through only for Alonso to retire.....is Vettel really going to hold station behind Webber with a chance to take it? Is Webber going to let him through? Not a chance :lol:.
I think that if Alonso should retire, Webber and Vettel would both understand that anything goes and that whatever arrangement they had no longer applies - it's open season on the title.

I think that if Alonso should retire, Webber and Vettel would both understand that anything goes and that whatever arrangement they had no longer applies - it's open season on the title.

What if when anything goes.... anything decides to go like turkey... and hamilton ends up taking the title... pretty sure that'd be a big worry point as well... surely Red Bull will try to keep who ever is in front out of harms way...
This is a gigantic IF though... I doubt Alonso will have to retire.. but hey who knows.. Can't wait for this last race..

Emphasis: Red Bull will "try".

Problem: It's all up to the two guys in the cockpits... and neither one is going to give up the title easily.

I wonder what the chances are of one of the title contenders taking another one out? I don't think any driver could benefit massively from doing that unless Alonso managed to wipe out both Red Bulls in one. The first corner will be very interesting and qualifying will just be intense, Vettel will need to do everything possible and the same for Hamilton. I think Alonso and possible Webber are the ones who have everything to lose here, one mistake and their championship will be down the drain with four drivers still in contention. I can't wait!

I'd rather not want to see Webber win the championship through the use of team orders, even though I do want Webber to win the title. :lol: Then again, unlike Hockenheim, this is the last race of the season and it's truly make or break for the championship contenders...

Well, I guess there's no point in worrying about it now, we'll just have to see what happens in the race! :nervous:

Of course, but what happens if Alonso DNF's after Vettel allows Webber through? Surely Vettel would be the deserving winner of the race and thus the WDC Champion (by 1 more race victory than Mark), but it would be a matter of if Webber would want to comply and concede position back to Vettel in order to give him the deserving win and WDC :lol:

Might I add that waiting until the end to do the swap could be a bit risky because Mark will be vulnerable to Alonso possibly getting by him throughout the race or possibly when they try to do the Vettel/Webber swap itself. If Vettel allows Mark through early on he can then be used as a blocker for Alonso, in order to allow Webber to cruise to victory. But the question is, what happens if Fernando then has some type of DNF (or falls out of contention)...

According to Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz they won't use such underhand tactics, because basically they are too good for that. All I can say is, what a scummy hypocrite he is if they end up implementing team orders on Sunday :lol:

http://planetf1.com/news/18227/6496854/-We-don-t-manipulate-things-like-Ferrari-

'We don't manipulate things like Ferrari'
Tuesday 9th November 2010

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has remarkably revealed he would rather miss out on the Formula One Drivers' title than employ underhand tactics like Ferrari.

Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel go into the season-ending showdown in Abu Dhabi on Sunday trailing Championship leader Fernando Alonso by eight and 15 points respectively.

Either driver could yet clinch the crown, but it has also thrown up the intriguing scenario of Vettel potentially aiding Webber should the young German be in a position to do so in order to deny Alonso.

Team principal Christian Horner has already made it clear no team orders will be imposed, and instead a decision regarding assistance rests solely on Vettel's shoulders.

Mateschitz is also determined to see his team remain loyal to their sporting philosophy, as they have steadfastly done so this season.

That is in contrast to Ferrari's manipulation of the team orders rule for which they were found guilty after Felipe Massa allowed through Alonso to claim victory in the German Grand Prix in July.

Mateschitz is adamant his team will not sink to such depths as he said: "Let the two drivers race and whatever will be will be. If Alonso wins we will have been unlucky."

Speaking in Austrian newspaper Kliene Zeitung, the energy drinks magnate added: "I predict a Hollywood ending, with the worst case scenario we don't become Champion.

"We'll do it next year. But our philosophy stays the same because this is sport and it must remain sport.

"We don't manipulate things like Ferrari do. The whole world condemned them after what they did in Hockenheim.

"But we have turned out to look like idiots because we have not acted in this way.

"But we have never even thought about it as long as both our drivers remain in the hunt for the Championship.

"So a second place under correct circumstances might be better than a win on grounds of orders and confirmations."

Last edited:
Theoretical question: If Alonso is leading the race on the last lap or right near the end and Massa is 2nd right behind him, does he let him through and take 2nd to win the championship?

That would be a very classy way to win the championship, especially after Germany.

Who knows - it would be a nice gesture though. Unfortunately, I doubt the lame duck will be up their anyway though :indiff: :lol:

That would be a 100% repeat of what Schumacher did to Rubens after the Austrian mess (gave him the win at that years Indy GP).

Some "gifts" shouldn't be given nor accepted. If Massa is WDC material he should try to win this last race. If he locks the 1st place even if Webber finishes second Alonso only has to finish 5th.

It would be cool to see Vettel let Mark finally get a championship, since he still doesn't have one. But I can see where Vettel is, wanting one for himself with everyone so close together

I have to be honest, I think Alonso is too stuck up himself to make a kind gesture like that. Its all about him in his mind as far as I can tell. :indiff:

I was thinking the same thing; you just worded it better than I could.

happycorey
But I can see where Vettel is, wanting one for himself with everyone so close together

Put yourself in his shoes. Let's say Alonso retired on the first lap and you're leading Webber. How hard do you race him? Do you make it hard for him to get by, because you know by beating him you will win the WDC? Or will you move over, because of the chance that you could pull a Turkey and take each other out, handing the WDC to Hamilton?

It would fantastic if Vettel or Webber wins, and Alonso is passed by Massa on the last lap and drops out of contention. Massive kick in the teeth for Alonso.

Some interesting pictures I've found.

106696928_2525814.jpg

Mark: Hey guys, check out my raging bull!

Sebastian-Vettel-Fernando-Alonso-Lewis-Hamilt_2525829.jpg

Vettel: Let me see! Let me see! Buwahaha...that things tiny! Number 2!

1911847843650400.jpg

Alonso: Always remember this Hamilton, I will crush you on the track...just like this handshake.

166604.jpg

Alonso riding like a man possesed.

z1289490626.jpg

Alonso is awoken during the night to find jumping spiders and garden snakes roaming across his room. Now he ponders who pulled such sobatage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ferrari boys riding the new roller coaster at Yaba Dhaba Du. :lol: @ Fernando's face around :30

That thing is probably quite a blast :drool: It supposedly achieves a speed of 260km/h (the worlds fastest roller coaster) on that first incline section :lol: :crazy:

Alonso was scared on that roller coaster.

It is funny because I think he is caught off-guard by the violence of the start. Usually one is afraid when coming down, not going up. I think Alonso wasn't afraid, he was just trying to cope to immense Gs in acceleration that he wasn't prepared for. Funny because he is a F1 driver :lol:

PS - One thing I'll say. No one will never film me in that thing ... :crazy:

Theoretical question: If Alonso is leading the race on the last lap or right near the end and Massa is 2nd right behind him, does he let him through and take 2nd to win the championship?

That would be a very classy way to win the championship, especially after Germany.

That would only give the other teams to protest "Team Orders" another senario would be in the starting grid where Massa is ordered to plow "Punt" the two RBR cars and give the win to Alonso. 💡

Yawn, how tiresome, another rant about team orders and how Alonso "doesn't deserve it".
Guess Hakkinen didn't deserve his championship either, or Raikkonen, or Schumacher, or Hamilton...

Or Andretti, or Fangio... There are many other examples.

People love to call Ferrari dirty cheats for Germany, when they aren't the first to be "dirty cheats". There's just a flaming hate for Ferrari in many of you.

Put yourself in his shoes. Let's say Alonso retired on the first lap and you're leading Webber. How hard do you race him? Do you make it hard for him to get by, because you know by beating him you will win the WDC? Or will you move over, because of the chance that you could pull a Turkey and take each other out, handing the WDC to Hamilton?

If Alonso is showing a fight right behind the Red Bulls in 3rd in the usual RBR 1/2 and Ferrari 3rd, I would let Webber up front of me to secure the finish in RBRs hands. If Alonso is looking slow and out back around 5th, I would definitely push hard and try to put up a fight for my (presumably 1st place) position. Otherwise I think if Vettel is too stubborn to realize he can give Webber the victory over Alonso, it will be a sad day for Webber.

Yes, thats right. That is my location. Now, what is your point exactly?

To be honest, if you take my views about Alonso personally then thats your problem. I made it perfectly clear that that was only my opinion.

Back