2010 Singapore Grand Prix

Estoril? Buenos Aires? Jerez? These are quality circuits? Which planet have you been living on?

I never said they were quality I just happen to think they are better than the tilke designed crap we see every other race in F1 atm. Its a personal opinion or is that not allowed here :odd:

Imola yes, maybe use Portimão instead of Estoril.

I don't mind Singapore, its not amazing but its decent. I think it would be appreciated a bit more in other race series, would make a good touring car or GT track.

I think Sepang is one of the classics now in my opinion, maybe not for racing action in F1, but its a fantastic race track. I think Tilke can be good on his day but I still think other people should get a chance to design tracks. The Silverstone layout change went down pretty well. 👍
I feel Abu Dhabi is ruined by the huge expanses of tarmac. It just doesn't feel exciting enough, maybe I'm too used to tracks being lined with gravel/grass or concrete barriers. The layout itself is ok though.
I don't mind Bahrain as a layout, but it wouldn't be missed.

Jerez is not better than Tilke designs.....

Last edited:
A night race should have the real challenges of a night race, being dark, and the drivers having to be very alert. But that doesn't apply to Singapore, thanks to all of the hundreds of super bright streetlights, the fact that it's at night has no effect on the drivers. It's harder to see at all the day tracks than at Singapore. And there's never any overtaking.

A night race should have the real challenges of a night race, being dark, and the drivers having to be very alert. But that doesn't apply to Singapore, thanks to all of the hundreds of super bright streetlights, the fact that it's at night has no effect on the drivers. It's harder to see at all the day tracks than at Singapore. And there's never any overtaking.

Of course, you do realise a "proper" night race would never happen with F1 cars? ;)
There is overtaking too, but its only on the straight towards turn 7. Thats 1 more overtaking spot than Monaco :P.

Overtaking doesn't necessarily make a great track in my opinion, as Monaco is a great track.

If Bernie wants to sort out GPs cut out one of the Spanish races. Do we really need a European GP when we have about 5 in Europe anyway?

Estoril was an awesome circuit until it was butchered/Tilked (corner 1 of the original layout was one of the most epic corners in F1 circuits. Now .... it's another full throttle straight into full braking 1st gear corner ... a pity)

Jerez is an awesome circuit, as orimarc says maybe better for motorcycle racing.

Both are from an era that comes after the original circuits of old (too fast, too long, too narrow, and public-road users) but before F1 cars became so dependant on aerodynamics that only stop n´go tracks can provide overtaking.

What is that track in (I think) Portugal? It's new and in the mountains, very up and down layout. Anyone know? I might just be crazy.

I think a WTCC race was held there. It's really picturesque with the mountains and fog and stuff. I really don't know much about it. I think .. think Bernie looked at running F1 there recently.

Not sure :lol:

algarve2-lg.jpg

Yep that's it, Algarve Motor Park circuit. Not as special as I remember :lol: Here's some Bernie speak:http://www.google.com.au/imgres?img...Motor+Park+circuit&um=1&hl=en&sa=X&tbs=isch:1

Last edited:
Haha love the without the risk of getting caught by rain or cold in there. Surely a risk of that is better, wet weather has created some of the best/most interesting races of recent years.

I quite enjoy the Marina Bay circuit, it's produced some decent races and the sight of the cars under lights is jaw dropping. I'm a little worried that the stewards might have to "lower their standards" when it comes to red flagging the race if the race is effected by rain, due to it being a night race under flood lights. Hopefully we'll get a full 61 laps.

I never said they were quality I just happen to think they are better than the tilke designed crap we see every other race in F1 atm. Its a personal opinion or is that not allowed here :odd:

I don't get how watching a parade at an old track is any better than watching one at a new track.

There are still challenges, granted they're different than what you would see in a sports car race. It's still darker, plus you have to deal with the glare from all the lights and the flashing from cameras.

I'm all for Webber, dude needs a championship to his name. Then, gets an invitation from Ferrari and then tells them to shove it. :lol:

An opportunity for anyone in most circumstances, but not when Fernando "He's in my way" Alonso is your teammate.

I want rain, and lots of it. :D
If that happens, the race will either be run during daylight hours, or postponed.
I don't know about that. I remember the first Australian GP in Adeaide being stopped after 15 laps due to the heavy rainstorms that didn't let up. Maybe someone Down Under can offer some perspective on this.

I don't know about that. I remember the first Australian GP in Adeaide being stopped after 15 laps due to the heavy rainstorms that didn't let up. Maybe someone Down Under can offer some perspective on this.

In the north we don't have summer, winter, spring and autumn. We only have the wet season and the dry season but Adelaide is at the bottom of Australia so it was probably just a typical summer storm. The same thing happened on the Gold Coast with a Indy race about 10 years ago too. Someone broke their back in that one iirc. Those races are just to dangerous to run and almost always get red flagged.

In the north we don't have summer, winter, spring and autumn. We only have the wet season and the dry season but Adelaide is at the bottom of Australia so it was probably just a typical summer storm. The same thing happened on the Gold Coast with a Indy race about 10 years ago too. Someone broke their back in that one iirc. Those races are just to dangerous to run and almost always get red flagged.

1989 Australian Grand Prix
Spring Storms would cause this race some drama. Race stopped on first lap, restarted a while later, without Prost because he refused because of the weather / track conditions.
This is the year Senna famously rammed Brundle, as seen by Brundle's rear facing camera.

1991 Australian Grand Prix
Again another Spring Storm did the damage on this day.
The shortest F1 race in History. Only Lasting for 16 laps, however race was counted upto the 14th lap

1991 Australian Grand Prix
Again another Spring Storm did the damage on this day.
The shortest F1 race in History. Only Lasting for 16 laps, however race was counted upto the 14th lap

For many years the Grand Prix of Germany ran to 14 laps only.

Back