2010 Singapore Grand Prix

For many years the Grand Prix of Germany ran to 14 laps only.
I'm positive the record counts the total race distance, rather than the overall laps completed. 14 laps of the Adelaide Street Circuit is almost nothing compared to 14 laps of the Nordschliefe.

McLaren have brought some interesting new parts to Singapore in an attempt to bring themselves closer to the front of the pack. I particularly like the new exhaust which appears to by-pass the suspension arms and vent straight to the car's floor.

d10sin230.jpg

d10sin224.jpg

d10sin263.jpg

d10sin262.jpg

Wow...some beautiful looking updates from Mclaren :drool: :) Looks like they really went all out with some of their rather radical designs 👍

Edit: Look at the profile on the new wing...nuts!

162744.jpg

New floor going on the Ferrari :)

d10sin454.jpg

Last edited:
Ferari and Red Bull to be up there this weekend. Hamilton might mix up with them, this is a track he seems to be pretty good at. Renault is good at city tracks, so watch out for them. The rest is a toss up.

Is that gold on the McLaren?

Ferari and Red Bull to be up there this weekend. Hamilton might mix up with them, this is a track he seems to be pretty good at. Renault is good at city tracks, so watch out for them. The rest is a toss up.

I agree, Renault could be quite a spoiler this weekend (if the weather holds up). Hamilton should do damn well especially if those updates work as they intend. Alonso has performed immensly here in previous years and should be very competitive here, especially if the new updates can push Ferrari closer to RB.

Should be an interesting/entertaining weekend to watch things play out and how the teams will stack up for the remainder of the season.

I am rooting for Webber and an exciting race (fingers crossed); now to check what time it is being televised here on Canada's West (wet) coast!

5:00 a.m. Pacific! Darn it - early wake up call-crap!

Last edited:
A night race should have the real challenges of a night race, being dark, and the drivers having to be very alert. But that doesn't apply to Singapore, thanks to all of the hundreds of super bright streetlights, the fact that it's at night has no effect on the drivers. It's harder to see at all the day tracks than at Singapore. And there's never any overtaking.

Of course, you do realise a "proper" night race would never happen with F1 cars? ;)
There is overtaking too, but its only on the straight towards turn 7. Thats 1 more overtaking spot than Monaco :P.

I've never watched a Singapore GP. This should be interesting :D

My best mate and his bride are on their honeymoon at the moment and they will be at the race this weekend... I'm not jealous or anything, no, not me, no siree Bob.....
JAMMY BASTARDS!
I still haven't decided whether or not to buy F1 2010 tomorrow... apparently it will be the best simulation of an F1 driver's career ever made (unless you wish to recreate Nelson Piquet Jr's career, in which case this is probably close enough :ill:)

For many years the Grand Prix of Germany ran to 14 laps only.

I'm positive the record counts the total race distance, rather than the overall laps completed. 14 laps of the Adelaide Street Circuit is almost nothing compared to 14 laps of the Nordschliefe.

Facts from wiki about the 1991 Australian Grand Prix
14 Laps of the Adelaide GP Track in 1991 would have netted you 52.92 km (33.068 miles).
Full Race distance should have been 306.18 km (190.23 miles).
Bit of a difference :)

@Dotini - I see what your doing with your tongue :P

Speaking as an experienced racing (kart) driver, albeit at the most minor level, I can say that confidence, the chuff factor, is all-important at this stage of the season.

Assuming his sack of worn pistons and valves can stand the course, Alonso must have the whip hand. Another few hours will tell.

Lots of rain according to the BBC... Practice might be pretty unexciting...

Lights been on since 4PM!!!

C.

Either:
1. Klien has it written in his contract that he is the emergency reserve driver.
2. Klien brings more money.
3. Chandhok's sponsors don't want to pay for seat time anymore in a car which isn't being developed.
4. Hispania want to try out Klien while they can to compare with their other 3 drivers (remember that they stated something along these lines earlier this year).

If Senna beats Klien too over the whole weekend, I think he's done all he possibly can to secure his F1 future. So far Senna has been the only Hispania driver to have beaten any other team's drivers on pace (usually Virgin, usually Di Grassi).

Klien hasn't raced in F1 for about 5 years, right? Kind of a no-hoper of a drive to take — I suppose he's always wanted to get back into F1 — yet getting your chance at an unfamiliar circuit is going to be tough.

Hey...Maybe he'll find that missing diamond he lost at Monaco!

PRACTICE TEST 2 RESULTS

1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault 1:46.660
2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault 1:47.287
3 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.690
4 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:47.718
5 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.818

6 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:48.302
7 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:48.341
8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP 1:48.679
9 Robert Kubica Renault 1:48.855
10 Michael Schumacher Mercedes GP 1:48.889

11 Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:49.153
12 Kamui Kobayashi BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.438
13 Nick Heidfeild BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:49.558
14 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1:49.608
15 Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:49.896

16 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:49.984
17 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari 1:50.191
18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari 1:50.896
19 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:51.878
20 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:52.150

21 Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:53.431
22 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:53.526
23 Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:54.725
24 Christian Klien HRT-Cosworth 1:55.542

Last edited:
I saw P1 streamed on SPEED.com, and I read up on P2 online. I'm glad to see Red Bull on top, but I know that you can't really read too much into practice. So I'll have to wait for qualy to see the true colors.

Back