2011 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring

• Thread starter Tired Tyres
  • 1,701 comments
From what the commenter of radio le mans said #71 was smoking when it crossed the line, and Kaz was at the wheel :D

I think they were saying that about the RJN Motorsports car.

From what the commenter of radio le mans said #71 was smoking when it crossed the line, and Kaz was at the wheel :D

That's rather Epic. And if am correct this is the first time the GTR has competed in the Nurburgring 24h

My first 24 Hours of Nurburgring. I definately loved this race. Epicness, epicness epicness. I was hoping one the Mercedes Benz teams would snatch 1st place, but oh well, guess one more year for a Porsche Team, Heh. Felicitations Manthey Racing! :)

It was my first Nurby 24h too. :cheers:

What beer is that?

Früh Kölsch.

frueh-koelsch.JPG

Also known as "water".

That's rather Epic. And if am correct this is the first time the GTR has competed in the Nurburgring 24h

Yep it is,kinda surprising given how popular it is. You would've thought someone had to have raced one here by now.

My 2nd Nurburgring 24 Hours (First one was last year) and it was throughly more enjoyable then anything else I watched while I watched. I so badly wanted Audi to win and that went to hell. At least they finished on the podium.

Congrats to the #71 and to Kaz, I think thats the 2nd year in a row he's gotten a class win. Not bad for this being only his 2nd race.

Yep it is,kinda surprising given how popular it is. You would've thought someone had to have raced one here by now.

Well let's hope that this and Le man is a start to Nissan's return to the Motorsport world. Kinda cool that the creator of Gran Turismo and a player of his game both competed and did very well in 2 of the most prestigious races there are (Although the master won by 1 position)

Well let's hope that this and Le man is a start to Nissan's return to the Motorsport world. Kinda cool that the creator of Gran Turismo and a player of his game both competed and did very well in 2 of the most prestigious races there are (Although the master won by 1 position)

Well technically they already are kinda back (Via GT1), but I hear what you are saying. Its nice to not actually have to only look in Super GT to actually see the Japanese brands in action.

This is the course GT series should take, more GT racing and none of the nascar/oldtimers/less-than-100-HP spam.

And yeah, I just realized that Kazunori Yamauchi has won his David vs. Goliath fight with Chuck Norris an hour ago. :lol:

NOW for Next year Kaz and a team(Lucas.O and usa finalist) should built a SP9GT3 GTR please, so we GT fans feel very proud getting the big prize and seeing kaz and the team in the podium and more show time on the broad cast.

My 2nd Nurburgring 24 Hours (First one was last year) and it was throughly more enjoyable then anything else I watched while I watched. I so badly wanted Audi to win and that went to hell. At least they finished on the podium.

Congrats to the #71 and to Kaz, I think thats the 2nd year in a row he's gotten a class win. Not bad for this being only his 2nd race.

Nope, last year his team got 4th in the SP8 class. They did overtake 114 cars from start to finish though :D Was pretty epic as well.

Nope, last year his team got 4th in the SP8 class. They did overtake 114 cars from start to finish though :D Was pretty epic as well.

Thought for sure he'd won. Then again that was my first 24 so it was kinda hard to remember what was what :lol:

Wasnt he in a Lexus last year?

Yep. It was the one that had the Black front bumper at the finish.

NOW for Next year Kaz and a team(Lucas.O and usa finalist) should built a SP9GT3 GTR please, so we GT fans feel very proud getting the big prize and seeing kaz and the team in the podium and more show time on the broad cast.

They'd have to compete with a hell of a lot tougher competition there... I doubt they'll do that. Staying with GT4-esque cars seems like a more logical approach.
Maybe they could get to drive the PlayStation R8, though :lol:

They should enter in a replica of the Citroen GT Race Car. Just limited down to class regs. Failing that a Ford GT Test Car replica. And failing that, anything in the range of LM Race Cars that are good for this race's class regs. :D

Back