2011 Chinese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by prisonermonkeys, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

How did Button get a negative three? :lol:

2. DwightSchrute12

DwightSchrute12

How about reliability today? 23 cars finishing, and arguably 24 cars should have finished.

3. Icarus25

Icarus25

The point is it was a yellow light which Vettel likely reacted to. He would have been toast anyway before the end of the race. I don't know why it was even flashing, but it was, and Hamilton overtook.

4. Nicko

Nicko Premium

Stunning drive from Webber, very exciting to watch. Fantastic drive from Lewis as well. :tup:

5. Grayfox

Grayfox

Since my PC has a TV card and i was watching ONEHD i can do it.

6. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Easy.
    Pit at wrong box = -1
    Fall asleep when Hamilton is behind you = -1
    Lose podium on last lap to a car that started 18th = -1

Okay, perhaps 7/10 is more accurate. I like -3/10 better though. :sly:

7. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Considering Button discharged the last bit of his available KERS he was doomed either way. Mark was just sprinting!

8. AApex86

AApex86

Great driving by Hamilton and especially Webber, but I think Vettel isn't getting as much credit as he deserves. Without the pit hearing him he was pretty much at the mercy of whatever info was being relayed to him, as well as the KERS issue, the 2 stop strategy and the horrible start off the line he still pulled off a 2nd place finish. If that's not scary I don't know what is.

9. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

Two stops was obviously the wrong choice today. Vettel, both Ferraris, Petrov were all doing two stops and lost out.

10. Rossticles

Rossticles

Yes!

Make it big enough so what happened is obvious. Please and thanks.

11. FullSpe3d98

FullSpe3d98

I wont be suprised if Alonso gets a penalty.

12. Akmuq

Akmuq

Remember when Hamilton had dropped behind Vettel and Massa and it had looked like his race was falling apart.

13. thesrdic

thesrdic

Best race iv'e seen for quite a while, shame about buttons mistakes, and even bigger shame that red bull finished 2-3 with dirk and bruce

14. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Joking aside, he was at a tyre disadvantage as well.

To those of you who think Hamilton took the lead under a yellow flag. I have looked at my recording and it is not a yellow flag. It is a yellow and red advertising marker.

15. ashes619

ashes619 Premium

:lol: I hope you are right.

16. niky

niky Moderator

Strange... they didn't show the overtake from Hamilton's onboard camera in the highlights reel, and no other yellow lights were evident in the following corners.

There were no incidents on previous laps in that particular corner, either, from what I can recall.

And as Vettel didn't mention it or complain about it in the post-race conference, I believe he doesn't think Hamilton pulled a fast one there, either.

17. Stevisiov

Stevisiov Premium

What an amazing race!

:eek:

18. CarolinaBlue704

CarolinaBlue704

That was a fantastic race from start to finish. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat. Well worth staying up all night!

I still can not believe Webber finished 3rd. He was clearly driving with a chip on his shoulder. And a great team effort by McLaren. They worked their butts off just to get Ham's car on the track before the pits closed. Ferrari seems to be stuck in neutral, but at least Kobayashi scored some more points!

It's going to be a long 3 weeks leading up to Turkey. Anyway, I'm going to bed. What a great race!

19. Akmuq

Akmuq

Championship points:

1 Sebastian Vettel 68
    2 Lewis Hamilton 47
    3 Jenson Button 38
    4 Mark Webber 37
    5 Fernando Alonso 26
    6 Felipe Massa 24
    7 Vitaly Petrov 17
    8 Nick Heidfeld 15
    9 Nico Rosberg 10
    10 Kamui Kobayashi 7
    11 Michael Schumacher 6
    12 Sebastien Buemi 4
    13 Adrian Sutil 2
    14 Paul di Resta 2
    15 Jaime Alguersuari 0
    16 Jarno Trulli 0
    17 Rubens Barrichello 0
    18 Jerome d’Ambrosio 0
    19 Heikki Kovalainen 0
    20 Timo Glock 0
    21 Sergio Perez 0
    22 Pastor Maldonado 0
    23 Vitantonio Liuzzi 0
    24 Narain Karthikeyan 0

20. JacoJa

JacoJa Premium

:cheers: Webber.

That was an outstanding race.

21. GTRedline

GTRedline

Webber is back!!! We all knew a Mclaren would get a win eventually. A very competitive car and more reliable than the Red Bulls. But how about the two Merc's? They're finially getting there **** together. And Massa had a good run, falling off due to the 2 vs 3 stops.

Vettel's line about everyone wanting to stop in their pits had me laughing. However Webbers comment about his teammate finially being beaten was un-called for. He seems like a bit of a child sometimes, jealous of his younger brother. And there's no reason for him to be, since he is just as fast or faster on ocasion.

22. Grayfox

Grayfox

Well i the video is in 720p.

Just need to save each frame and combine it.

I have 2 versions. pitstright cam and the RBR pitcam.

23. DwightSchrute12

DwightSchrute12

Driver fastest lap times:

Webber - 01:38.993
    Hamilton - 01:40.415
    Button - 01:40.623
    Vettel - 01:41.321

Webber was a man with a mission.

And for comparison's sake:

Trulli - 01:42.052
    Alonso - 01:42.070

24. adam46

adam46

Woah. :dunce: :tup:

25. FCB-Rizla-TML

FCB-Rizla-TML

Sad vettel lost first place but his start was terrible (red bull need to work on their KERS) and his tires got to him at the end of the race

Couldn't be happier the way the race went for webber. It looked like he was not going to make points in the start but really pushed and showed what he and the red bull car are capable of.

26. Matti_Dude

Matti_Dude

Fantastic race! Great drive from Webber and great drive from Hamilton. It just goes to show how important it is to save some fresh tires for the race, these two guys proved that.

27. Stevisiov

Stevisiov Premium

Webber's come back both here and in Malaysia go to show the interesting charecteristics of the pirelli tyres. It seems like having unused sets of tyres gives you a massive advantage over a previously scrubbed set. It appeared to help Hamilton a fair bit to, even though he only saved the one set.

28. Submerged

Submerged Premium

One wonders whether the next qualifying will just have people saving their tyres for the race instead.....

29. granturismite

granturismite

Best three races I have seen

1) Brazil 2008
    2) Spa 2008
    3) China 2011

As Mr. David Coulthard said- "Thank you Pirelli"! The new tyres have brought back mid-race strategy that we lost in the refueling ban

Great race by Webber. That was a fantastic 2nd half of the race. He got Fastest lap by over a second, and probably overtook more people than anyone else (don't hold me to that!).

Even as a RBR fan, I am glad to see someone else win, even if Webber's post race comment sounded very out of line. I know what he ment, but when he said it, he sounded quite jealous.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  30. 3thanol

3thanol

Most entertaining nail biting race in a long time, Webber must have had the open wheel version of the X1 out today, he was on fire.