2011 Chinese Grand Prix

One of the best races i've seen in a good while, amazing driving from Lewis and Mark. Schumacher looked strong too, awesome stuff.

I agree with you 100%. That was an amazing race and an outstanding performance from Mark Webber and Lewis Hamilton.

Webber 3rd, great drive from him. Brilliant race today.

Great drive from Mark no doubt, although after he got past Button I'm pretty sure he pulled an illegal blocking move, i.e two defensive moves. The result was never in doubt but rules are rules

Special mention to Heikki again - solid performance for him.

Ferrari look like the big losers this weekend - again 👎 Imagine if they were properly in the mix too.

Vettel actually pulled some very good moves in this race. What's missing is his defence... but with these new tires giving such dramatic wear over race distance, there's really not much defending you can do.

Red Bull has managed to salvage points from the jaws of utter defeat somehow. They may have lost the race, but their boys came in 2nd and 3rd... despite their difficulties with KERS.

The question is... will their KERS issues hurt them this bad through the rest of the season? Have they gotten past the issues with the lack of engine power from previous seasons only to face the same issues due to KERS this season?

I say: let's up KERS from 6 seconds a lap to 15 seconds a lap... this makes things much more interesting. :lol:

That was probably the best Grand Prix I've ever seen! :D

When has there ever been 5 cars in the top 7 seconds over 40 laps through a grand prix before?:D
Jarama 1981. The top 5 was covered by 1.24 seconds at the end, and they were that close for most of the race.

What yellow light? There was no yellow flag condition on that lap.

Ferrari must be wondering what is happening - a Red Bull can start the race from a different postcode and still beat both Ferraris.

Maybe the FIA should institute touring-car style handicaps for F1? Race winners start each race from the pits? :lol:

Very happy McLaren got the win, although for fantasy reasons I wish it would have been Button.

Was a great race.👍

Excellent race, just bloody excellent! Action packed from start to finish and a lot of the action was up the front of the grid! Most of the drivers drove awesomely but I felt most impressed by Webber's charge from 18th and Hamilton's charge after his final pitstop. Let's hope Istanbul is just as exciting!

Possibly one of the best Formula 1 Grand Prix ever? At least as far as I've seen!

Local yellows don't count. I don't recall the incident you're talking about though.

It was the pass for the lead. From Hamilton's in-car you could clearly see a flashing then solid yellow light on the right side of the track.

That was amazing. As David Coulthard said, thank you Pirelli.:D
Turkey next and if it's half as good as last year we are in for a real treat.:D

Now we just have to wait.

Something must happen. Otherwise what's to stop another driver from doing the same? Sure race control is in charge where it's active, but it's still the drivers' responsibility to open it at that time. It can still be opened at anytime like in qualifying and practice, just not legally. That's why there are new markings trackside for the detection and activation points.

Webber was the only driver in the top 6 that Hamilton did not overtake for position - and of the four top drivers that Hamilton did pass, they were all in different locations on the track! And of those overtakes, perhaps the most audacious and risky pass was against his own teammate... great stuff 👍

Wow what a race .Brilliant by Hammy and Seb .Mark Webber is worrying how fast he was dear me Mind blowing how he got on the podium .Anybody Notice the 2011 U'S'B Grandprix mistake at the press conference :lol:

Still, there was no course-wide yellow on that lap... and I don't recall an incident causing a local yellow in that area at that point... I guess the replays will show it better, but I doubt he would have passed under an actual yellow.

Vettel almost gave himself a penalty back there, weaving to prevent the first pass.

EDIT: Strange, how Mark's epic drive overshadow's Lewis's epic overtaking...

Someone please make a funny picture or .gif of Button's pit mistake.

I love the change these Pirelli tires have brought.

Someone please make a funny picture or .gif of Button's pit mistake.

I love the change these Pirelli tires have brought.

Exactly. They've gone from being the Achilles' heel to a strategic head turner.

There's a 7 kg weight limit on the trophies - imagine you win a GP and your trophy is disqualified!

Back