2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by TenEightyOne, Jun 20, 2011.

1. J-PaP

J-PaP

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. YellowG1

YellowG1

Unfortunate for Karthikeyan. It'll be interesting to see whether Ricciardo can do any better though.

3. Northstar

Northstar Premium

Yes, 1977 had 4.

Last time there was 2 was 1990 with David and Gary Brabham.

4. Hun200kmh

Hun200kmh

Amazing ... following Justin's link I just learned about a driver, and a car, I never heard about before. Poor Brian McGuire, he must have been a lover of F1, in a world when F1 was still open for lovers of the sport and gentleman racers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McGuire_(Formula_One)

PS - For anyone as curious as me, and as touched as I usually am with these litle stories surrounding F1, here's a bit more about McGuire. Look for the links in the menu to the left of the screen. Apparently someone in NZ didn't forget him.

http://www.peter.bryan.org.nz/index.php?&MMN_position=5:5

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  5. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

That's terrible.

One of the reasons I'm glad FIA is so uptight about safety these days.

6. Hun200kmh

Hun200kmh

Indeed. I saw this YT clip this morning, about fallen F1 drivers and when it ended I had a lump in my throat and my eyes had to be wiped. Will just leave the link here, I must warn that although the editing is sensible and the clip is indeed a tribute, death is not concealed. Very sad, RIP to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uepJhL9wdgc

7. That90sGuy

That90sGuy

Uggh. You know what this means. The One HD commentators are going to hype this up so much. :yuck:

8. aarror

aarror

You're on the Island too! no way... I'd love to go to Montreal, but it will conflict with my grade 12 exams next year:nervous:

9. RTSolvalou

RTSolvalou (Banned)

Karthikeyen, Ricciardo is driving instead of you, can you confirm you understood the message?

Well this should give us something to watch in Silverstone.
    I imagine the F1 site video editors are struggling right now to throw together a race edit/highlight reel for Valencia, Canada's is still not up yet though.

10. F1 fan

F1 fan Premium

Coming up, Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo dominate the British Grand Prix...

They had the edit for the Chinese Grand Prix up before the Malaysian Grand Prix edit. I thought they'd forgotten.

11. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Actually, Malaysia was put up before China, but taken down within hours. It seems FOM have been having a few problems with licencing the music they use in the videos.

12. F1 fan

F1 fan Premium

I must have missed it the first time around.

13. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

It wasn't up for very long at all.

14. F1 fan

F1 fan Premium

Incidentally, the Canadian Grand Prix race edit is now live on formula1.com.

15. fissionproject

fissionproject

^^ I thoroughly enjoyed that

16. Hollidog

Hollidog

^^^As did I. Good to hear some Rise Against in there.

Got me thinking though, why do Ferrari always queue their drivers in the pitlane? Always delays one of them and costs them a lot of positions.

17. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

Because Massa is forbidden from beating Alonso.

18. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

IIRC, Alonso had to queue at Canada or one of the races this season.

19. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

No that can't possibly be true. The sole reason for Massa being in Ferrari and getting paid $16 million is to make Alonso look better.

20. Hollidog

Hollidog

Jokes aside, why do they do it? It makes no sense, the other teams rarely do it. I think I have seen Mercedes do it once.

21. F1 fan

F1 fan Premium

My best bet is poor communication. There's no other real reason for it. I see another slump on the horizon that not even Alonso can overcome.

Sure, he'll win races, fight for championships, but I think he went to Ferrari at a bad time. This is purely speculation of course. I'm just looking into my crystal ball. The regulation changes in 2014 may put Ferrari right back up there, but some serious work needs to be done to get them back up there before then. Reshuffling their organization every now and then won't do it. As much as I like him, I think Domenicali needs to step down/aside.

22. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

I've said it before but it really is a mystery how a team with Ferrari's budget can f up so much when it comes to basic strategy. They're worse than Virgin.