2011 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 480 comments
Ireland
Ireland
The__Luke
After yet another Vettel win in Singapore, he is highly likely to clinch the championship here, a very good season by him. However, don't let that throw you off of the rest of the Grand Prix's left this season, we could have some crackers. This is prominently a Red Bull track, and a Vettel win would be the 3rd in a row at Suzuka. Can he clinch the championship in style, or will someone else step up and win the​

2011 Japanese Grand Prix

SuzukaCircuit.png

Weather forecast for Suzuka

Vettel pole lap 2010

The tyre combination for Suzuka is Soft(yellow marked) and Medium(white marked)

Japanese-GP-DRS-ZONE.jpg

DRS Zone

I've just been putting vettel on pole for the pirelli challenge every round. I wish the rb cars had some insane design that could be outlawed but that will never happen...

Webber will make a stunning start from second spot on the grid and lead all the way to the finish line. Vettel second and Button a distant third. Hamilton and Alonso will come together at Degner 2 on the very first lap and both will be out. There will be fists flying as they step out of their cars. Paul di Resta will be the man of the day and bring his Force India home in fourth ahead of Rosberg and Massa. It will be nice weather with just a few scattered clouds and a very good ice-cream stand near Spoon. So there!

I predict that Hamilton will qualify highly and take Vettel out at turn 1, leaving Button and Webber to fight for the win, with Alonso not too far behind.

Schumacher and Massa will have a race-long battle for 4th place.

Come on Di Resta! :D Another solid finish please. 👍

Webber for victory!

Kobayashi for 6th or higher. If Sauber play their cards right, I reckon they can juggle their strategy and make those soft tires last much longer than the rest of the midfield. It'd do my heart good to see Kobayashi claw back his start-of-year form :D

May I remind everyone of Kobayashi's home race last year?

:D

Which also proved Ardius's theory wrong.

I can't really remember many overtakes in modern F1 at the hairpin, the problem is its a short run from Degner to the Hairpin and like I said, the track is very narrow.

Sorry Ardius, but I had to.:sly:

Looking forward to Renault performing at their normal level again, and hopefully with a little extra on top.
Williams apparently will show improved pace, looking forward to seeing what they can conjur too.

I see Webber bogging at the start, futzing up yet another potential sweeping victory, Massa is going to throw a fist toward Hammy's face, Hamilton will duck and the fist will collide with Alonso instead, after which both will shrug it off and walk off into the sunset.

On a more serious note, I see Jenson taking this and Kobayashi outdoing his Kamikaze performance from last season. KOBAKAZI!

So, Bathurst all day and Suzuka in the afternoon. Should be good.

I'll be coming home after work watching the end of Bathurst and the Suzuka race on Speed, but that's at 2 in the morning here in Indy!!! :dunce: :D --- Randy

Vettel for the win, Button or Webber second, and Webber or Button third.

And surely Vettel to clutch the championship here. Regardless of where Vettel finishes, if Button doesn't win, 2011 automatically goes to Seb.

Forza Red Bull, forza Vettel!

First, im so happy to finally read an F1 race thread without people complaining about whatever day it is. Good Job!

On a more F1 note, even though I shudder at the thought, Vettel WILL become World Champ here, just cause hes Vettel.

I hope to see the Renaults back to normal pace, and would be very excited to see Williams in the points after what has been a pretty slow season for them. Hoping for McLaren to win, as always, and wish Lewis and Felipe steer clear of each other. I can only wish about a Mercedes on the podium, but maybe things will change next year, and HRT will be the Constructors Champions, with Narain Karthikeyan ast their WDC winning driver!

I say a time traveling Hamilton in a MP4-28- yes you all may say that I'm crazy but no- will stop Vettel from winning, but in a twisted even he'll get mad and taking his present Hamilton self out of the race as well.

Nah I kid I hope Lewis and Jenson both get a podium.

It looks like Vettel might win the race, but I hope Jenson finish on the podium... It's getting clearer that Vettel may be clinching his title this weekend.

Now I'd like to see more 'Banzai!' from Kobayashi like last year :lol:

Vettel for the win, Button or Webber second, and Webber or Button third.

And surely Vettel to clutch the championship here. Regardless of where Vettel finishes, if Button doesn't win, 2011 automatically goes to Seb.

Forza Red Bull, forza Vettel!

Although a Vettel fan myself, I find it rather difficult to want him to win, seeing as he has completely dominated the season. He will win though, by a mile.

You've got to assume it's going to be a Vettel win again. I've just stopped betting against him now. I'll predict some points for Barrichello though, he always goes pretty well in Suzuka.

Side note, I'm missing Magny-Cours.

Back