2011 Formula 1 Shell Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter LewyOs
  • 545 comments
LewyOs
2011 FORMULA 1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX

Here we are then after the mandatory 2 week shutdown for the teams, and we are in Belgium at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, arguably the most exciting track on the calendar.
Red Bull's early season dominance seems to be a thing of the past, whilst its Mclaren who are on the up.
We should be in for an epic race.

Spa-Francorchamps-Circuit-Track-Map-2010.jpg

A lap of Spa onboard with Rubens Barrichello:

Number of Laps: 44
Circuit Length: 7.004 km
Race Distance: 308.052 km
Lap Record: 1:45.108 - K Raikkonen (2004)

2010 Results:
1st: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2nd: Mark Webber (Redbull-Renault)
3rd: Robert Kubica (Renault)

I know its not tuesday yet, but Eddie Jordan has announced Nick Heidfeld has been replaced by Bruno Senna in the Renault seat.

Pupik
Do not begin a new race thread until the Tuesday before the event.

It is Monday ;). There is already a dedicated thread PeterJB posted about Renault using Senna.

Depends where you are. America and the UK are still very well in Monday territory, and I would imagine that the idea behind that rule would be for it to be Tuesday everywhere (or almost everywhere).

I was referring to the post Pupik made in the forum rules, you are only supposed to make threads not about a race event until the Tuesday before, only dedicated threads about a non race subject. He posted a thread about a race early and posted one sentence about Senna trying to make it a "non race" thread, when we already have a dedicated thread on the subject.

I chose Tuesday, in deference to those living in near future (called the rest of the world with respect to the Eastern Time Zone). Let's not be petty about it all...

Now let's all sing it together:

"Spa-Francorchamps, Francorchamps, all other circuits are made for little girls."

He posted a thread about a race early and posted one sentence about Senna trying to make it a "non race" thread, when we already have a dedicated thread on the subject.

I posted the thread because I heard Senna was driving the Renault, thinking its pointless to create a dedicated thread when it's specific to the Belgian GP.

Creating the first page takes a bit of time you know, there was no thread about Senna driving the Renault when I began to make the thread.

Once again, my apologies. I saw it as not following the rules, and I pointed it out. I understand that it was not actually as I saw, and am now accepting that I was wrong and offering my apologies. Hopefully they will be accepted, OP :).

No worries.

Im hoping that Mclaren can keep the pressure on Vettel. Last few races have had some great fights for the lead.

Low temperatures predicted for the weekend, rain likely.

Yay! Spa day! I'll bring the cucumbers and Mai-Tais!

Uh... anybody?

CAM
Once again, my apologies. I saw it as not following the rules, and I pointed it out. I understand that it was not actually as I saw, and am now accepting that I was wrong and offering my apologies. Hopefully they will be accepted, OP :).

Firstly, how did you change your username??? And secondly, I can't let this pass without saying it. I think you are possibly the most well mannered person on GTplanet.

Anyway, on topic. F1 returns to Spa Francorchamps. One of my favourite weekends of the year and my favourite race of the year (edging out the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka).

Firstly, how did you change your username??? And secondly, I can't let this pass without saying it. I think you are possibly the most well mannered person on GTplanet.

Anyway, on topic. F1 returns to Spa Francorchamps. One of my favourite weekends of the year and my favourite race of the year (edging out the Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka).

Premium membership. It's kinda more fitting now. Maybe his future child could become CAMjhr as he once was :lol: And he is quite the helpful man, isn't he? :sly:

Anyway, yaaaay. Spa. How's the weather gonna be over the 3 days? Anyone?

EDIT: Astros answered it for me. :D

Rain at spa do I hear. :D

I was gonna embedd a video of the 1995 and 1998 f1 races in the rain there, but I can't find them. Pretty sure you guys have seen them allready though.

My favourite wace of the year, cant wait. Expecting a Mclaren win, with another strong showing from Alonso. Vettel to get a podium.

CAM
It is Monday ;). There is already a dedicated thread PeterJB posted about Renault using Senna.

We need to stop talking about this. Interludes who heavily enforced the tuesday rule before started a thread on monday 2 races ago, no one cares as long as it's in the week leading up.

As I said before, I fully apologize for making a mistake. Thanks for calling me polite guys!

We need to stop talking about this. Interludes who heavily enforced the tuesday rule before started a thread on monday 2 races ago, no one cares as long as it's in the week leading up.

Or if the guy pointing it out is in a bad mood

1. Button
2. Alonso
3. Rosberg
4. Petrov
5. Webber

Hamilton, Vettel and Massa all having mechanical failures or crashing out, Webber spinning, greasy conditions throughout.

I really hope the qualifying is as entertaining as it was last year though, just rain halfway through everyone's first timed lap.:lol:

Spa is probably my favorite track on the calender. I'm so happy that the break is finally over!

I expect Ferrari and McLaren to be strong. And despite Spa not being the most suitable track for their car, I am sure Red Bull will be near the front. It will also be interesting to see what Force India does. They've done a good job the last few races. And Spa is a track that they've had success at in the past.

My favourite wace of the year, cant wait. Expecting a Mclaren win, with another strong showing from Alonso. Vettel to get a podium.

I agree with you this is my Favorite track and love to watch as well next to the South Korea race. I also hope for a Mclaren win. Also Tom Cruise is the new Red Bull Driver!!!
tomcruise_redb_2011-3.jpg

That would probably be better-served here, since it was done in California and has nothing to do with the Belgian Grand Prix.

It was a nice little joke and since it has to do with F1 and a pre-event to the Belgian GP not sure what the big issue is. Just poking a little fun at RBR, dont make a big deal about it. You did more divert from the topic by calling me out than just leaving it alone. Just saying.

Anyways regarding the race this weekend I hope it does rain, the real fun races have been those in the rain. Well besides the red flag wait at Canada, good race but could have done with out the delay. However, safety first but I hope this GP is as exciting as the last two before the break. I think Webber will give fight to Sebastian this half of the season onward.

Back