2011 German Grand Prix

niky
Great race... Even more exciting than Silverstone, if that's possible... Drama everywhere thanks to the cold conditions, even if it didn't rain appreciably during the race.

The Red Bulls again showing their weakness in traffic, something we haven't seen for quite a while. Those cars simply aren't great when you're jumping out of another car's slipstream, as both Webber and Vettel showed today... But Vettel's woes really were started by that big spin.

Hamilton was impressive. he very nearly lost the race when he handed the lead to Mark early on, but that was a brilliant piece of driving to get it back. That overtake on Alonso was crucial... But he nailed it with no drama.

Alonso has had two great races in a row... Too bad the Ferrari had trouble with the cold conditions, because when it got heat in the tires, it was faster than the McLaren.

Biggest winner of the race, though, has to be Adrian Sutil... Terrific drive for the Force India driver.

Great sum right there. And I agree with you that Sutil fought well and hard, a true MVP, or MVR (racer), hehehe

So, Hamilton disqualified for jumping the fence into the crowd, Alonso disqualified for not having a testable fuel sample and riding on Webber's car, Webber disqualified for having Alonso riding on his car and Vettel winning, anyone?

Vettel DQd for speeding in the pits, Massa DQd for blocking, Sutil DQd for driving an Indian car... I think Schumacher wins this one...

Thats now 2 races in a row vettel hasnt won, he now leads by only 77 points, has the bubble burst?

There are 9 races to go. The difference between 1st and 2nd is 7 points. That's 63 points in total.

Vettel can finish 2nd in every race and cruise this one, given that Hamilton, Alonso, Button and Webber are busy playing the "who can become the 2nd place challenger" game every race.

Vettel would have to get crash mad or suffer chronic reliability issues to lose this.

Force India has now surpassed Toro Rosso in the Constructors with that superb 6th from Sutil. Or should I call him...Sutty??? :confused:

Vettel DQd for speeding in the pits, Massa DQd for blocking, Sutil DQd for driving an Indian car... I think Schumacher wins this one...

Schumacher DQed for winning in something other than a Ferrari...

It's a shame Vettel has such a big lead as we could be having a very exciting driver championship race.

No no no no no, Rosberg finished ahead of Schumacher. Rosberg wins!!!!! :D

So Rosberg is DQed for blocking Button. And as above with Schumacher.

Kobayashi wins!!!!! :D

Disappointed in Vettel. A lot of out of mistakes that weren't characteristic of him. Good job by Lewis, and I'm still happy for Mark.

But regardless, Fernando hitching a ride on Mark's car made the race for me.:D

calango31
You forgot Massa.

Contrary to world's perception, most Brazilians do not identify themselves as part of the spectrum of Latinamericans. (something that I myself was surprised when one of them told me so. 0.o)

At best, they associate themselves continental/regional wise, but not ethnically. Henceforth why I excluded Massa.

Hamilton had a great race today, Alonso did well, however Mark missed out on pit stops. Overall a great race, haven't been glued to the tv quite as much for a while!

Contrary to world's perception, most Brazilians do not identify themselves as part of the spectrum of Latinamericans. (something that I myself was surprised when one of them told me so. 0.o)

At best, they associate themselves continental/regional wise, but not ethnically. Henceforth why I excluded Massa.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I'm Brazillian, and here the majority do identify themselves as part of the spectrum of Latinamericans. Maybe you heard this from a southern person, because the southern don't even identify themselves with the rest of Brazil.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I'm Brazillian, and here the majority do identify themselves as part of the spectrum of Latinamericans. Maybe you heard this from a southern person, because the southern don't even identify themselves with the rest of Brazil.

Southern Brazil or southern south american?

Vettel is a flying machine when he has a clear track, maybe the fastest, but when he is in the pack , this proves he is not up with the best.

And yet he's 77 points ahead.

Vettel's really been a bit down all weekend to be honest. If this keeps up, F1 fan will be livid! :D

Nope, he's 77 points ahead, is coming up to a track he can excel at and just had a bad weekend. I'm not angry in the slightest. Also, I am pleased at the lack of Vettel bashing.

Where's F1 fan?

I have to watch the races online and my connection was quite slow. Besides, I rarely post during the races.

Who does F1 fan support?

I'll give you a hint.

24689312390887102548510.jpg

Chandok spins.

Thanks for the front page news. And you should watch the double posts.

Apparently Hamilton is complaining about his clutch... But he is still holding Alonso off by three seconds... Though that lead is coming down as the Ferrari starts to warm up its tires.

They only use the clutch at the start and during stops. It wasn't an issue for him. Just his engineer giving him some advice for his upcoming stop.

Vettel flukes 4th.

Not really a fluke. More like Ferrari throwing away a fourth.

Riding on Webbers car.

FIA should see this as a good thing if they want the sport to go green Webber is car pooling.

:lol:

F1 fan would get overwhelmed with Vettel bashes if that happened. He'd run out of multiquotes to keep up :lol:

I think I'd be down the pub instead.

Sure is fanboy in here.

Anyway, was infuriated with Team Alonso dropping Massa's wheelnut. Something tells me that wouldn't happen to Fernando.

Back