2011 German Grand Prix

Not really. Have had much longer posts after the race before.

Can I suggest that you don't have to defend Vettel's corner religiously when anything midly against him his posted?

I like how Hamilton suddenly gets all diplomatic-like when he's doing well... Answers the presscon question: "How much of it was the car and how much of it was the driver?" with some mumbo-jumbo about how much work the team has put in... Blah blah blah corporate bull...

Come on... he ought to say: "Look, I outqualified my teammate by a country mile, made overtaking Ferraris and Red Bulls look easy and worked my arse off to win that race... What do you think?"

Can I suggest that you don't have to defend Vettel's corner religiously when anything midly against him his posted?

You can suggest it... That is all.

As it happens, if he :cen:'s up, then I won't defend him. But little comments about him "fluking" fourth place are just plain wrong in this instance.

Really? What's your maximum amount of quotes in 1 post?

Dunno. A lot more.

Also I'd like to know what thread it was in...

Don't know. Check the race threads.

Give it 10 minutes here, and we will have a multi quote explosion, stretching over 96 pages.

No, I have read everything so far. There isn't another post to come.

And yet he's 77 points ahead.

Nope, he's 77 points ahead

His big lead is completely irrelevant to his performance today in traffic. His lead is a product of previous races. He couldn't even pass Massa on the track today.

If someone criticizes the jeans Seb is wearing in that photo, F1 Fan will be there...

I like how Hamilton suddenly gets all diplomatic-like when he's doing well... Answers the presscon question: "How much of it was the car and how much of it was the driver?" with some mumbo-jumbo about how much work the team has put in... Blah blah blah corporate bull...

Come on... he ought to say: "Look, I outqualified my teammate by a country mile, made overtaking Ferraris and Red Bulls look easy and worked my arse off to win that race... What do you think?"

I also liked Webbers answer to the question about Vettel not being on the podium. "Yeah, for sure"

His big lead is completely irrelevant to his performance today in traffic. His lead is a product of previous races. He couldn't even pass Massa on the track today.

If someone criticizes the jeans Seb is wearing in that photo, F1 Fan will be there...
What about how Schumacher (IIRC) and Button couldnt pass Petrov? EDIT, maybe just Button.

But little comments about him "fluking" fourth place are just plain wrong in this instance.

It was a tounge in cheek comment, just like my other post of him being only 77 points in front, jeez, lighten up!👍:)

If you cant take a joke about or even interpret a post which may be light hearted, well I dont know.

You can suggest it... That is all.

It's attitudes like this that make discussing F1 on GTP less enjoyable. I'm a Vettel fan myself but I'm more than able to realise the guy isn't royalty.

Come on bro, you're entitled to your opinions like everyone, but consider being a little less partisan.

calango31
Sorry, but you are wrong. I'm Brazillian, and here the majority do identify themselves as part of the spectrum of Latinamericans. Maybe you heard this from a southern person, because the southern don't even identify themselves with the rest of Brazil.

They do?? Oh, that's a first for me then. Now that you mention it, all the Brazilians that I have met do come from the south (They are from Sao Paolo and Santa Catarina, fancy that no? Heh).

If what you say is true, should I associate Massa with Perez and Maldonado? Given how Massa is a Sao Paolo native (in light of how Southerners dont associate with other Brazilians).

So confusing! -_-

And yet he is 77 points ahead.

Clearly, you want to see a lot of overtaking, but that isn't necessarily the formula for winning.

DwightSchrute12

It may have missed your attention, but that was me in that photo.

Best moment for me was after Hamilton pitted, Webber wanted to go outside on turn 2 and Hamilton locked the door. Next lap Hamilton cruises on the outside past Alonso after he pitted in the excact same corner :lol: Caught napping there.

niky

Dont all drivers do.... :P

A pity that when it comes to interviews, rarely does something intelligent or interesting get muttered. Master drivers, awfull speakers.

Sutil finished in front of both Mercs. Didn't see that coming. More points for Kobayashi after starting 17th. A day to forget for Vettel. It took a bad pitstop by Ferrari for him to pass Massa. Great to see McLaren and Ferrari take it to the Red Bulls.

Very exciting race. On to Hungary. I love back-to-back race weekends!

They do?? Oh, that's a first for me then. Now that you mention it, all the Brazilians that I have met do come from the south (They are from Sao Paolo and Santa Catarina, fancy that no? Heh).

If what you say is true, should I associate Massa with Perez and Maldonado? Given how Massa is a Sao Paolo native (in light of how Southerners dont associate with other Brazilians).

So confusing! -_-

Yes, you should, in sports the rivalry is restricted to soccer. But relax, as most Brazillians you'll met on internet will be from the southern region.

Dont all drivers do.... :P

A pity that when it comes to interviews, rarely does something intelligent or interesting get muttered. Master drivers, awfull speakers.

Webber tends to be a little more outspoken.

Edit:
Really? Like a 5 year old schoolboy, further proving my point. :rolleyes:

And what point is that exactly? With people having a go at me before I even showed up on the forum today, it's getting a little hard to keep track of it all.

This is brilliant
1311518040866.png

What's brilliant about it?

4chan?

Oh, you mean this forum is becoming like 4chan?

Got to say, FANTASTIC racing! FINALLY we see some fighting at the sharp end of the pecking order... Just what we needed to see. And also all the other drivers doing good overtakes and not actually at the final chicane either! Seemed that the start-finish straight was good enough to get a drag and KERS advantage for overtakes.

Was wondering what the hell was going on with Vettel, but then these things happen. It was nice to see him not at the front for a change....

Although Petrov has the widest car ever against Button. This was annoying, but very good racing, however!

Back