2011 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter TS
  • 1,395 comments
If Busch had killed Hornaday then NASCAR might have had even more problems. For starters, Kyle would have permanently been banned from NASCAR for good and there's no chance that wouldn't have happened. There's a good reason why NASCAR drivers aren't in IROC and that's because IROC doesn't exist.

Actually, IROC does exist. The International Race of Champions was held this year in Germany. Rally Drivers Travis Pastrana and Brian Deegan represented the US this year. And it's just the Race of Champions now.

I'll almost guarantee you that you'd be completely wrong there. Chances are pretty good he would have been banned from the sport for life. If you would have actually been keeping track of the sport over the last couple years, you would known that NASCAR has banned at least two? people from the sport over drug related issues, which is nothing compared to killing someone...

oooo...drugs. Yeah, doing drugs is worse than purposely crashing someone? Does it really matter how fast the vehicles were going? A little rubbing and bumping on the track is fine, it's racing. But what Busch did was just wrong. Yes, he got kicked out of the trucks and fired from his team, but NASCAR themselves just benched him for the remainder of the season...which was three races...one in each series. Any one racing series, and he would have had points deducted, been fined, and probably been benched for a least half a season. My point is, Busch should have gotten stiffer penalties for that. I mean, if your ejecting people for drugs, you'd think slamming into someone during a caution lap would get you ejected faster...but I guess not.

Actually, IROC does exist. The International Race of Champions was held this year in Germany. Rally Drivers Travis Pastrana and Brian Deegan represented the US this year. And it's just the Race of Champions now.

IROC and RoC are not the same thing.

And by the way, Carl Edwards was in it last year; so I'm doubtful that there was a "No NASCAR drivers allowed" rule put in place in response to events that didn't happen until the end of this year.

I'll almost guarantee you that you'd be completely wrong there. Chances are pretty good he would have been banned from the sport for life. If you would have actually been keeping track of the sport over the last couple years, you would known that NASCAR has banned at least two? people from the sport over drug related issues, which is nothing compared to killing someone...

Busch would go to jail possibly for life because it could be counted at vehicular manslaughter and there could be a ton of lawsuits against NASCAR for not preventing it.

The ROC and IROC aren't related at all other than both having "Race of Champions" in their name. There also wasn't any NASCAR drivers because it was on the same weekend as the awards banquet for the Sprint Cup series.

You must not watch much racing as well since intentional crashes aren't rare.

NASCAR is a joke. I can see NASCAR coming to a very tragic end. And it'll be just cars everywhere, and medical personnel trying to get to the wounded and dead, and a fight breaking out amongst the other drivers that crashed. Maybe Kyle Busch or someone will just be furious and start throwing punches and someone will just go, "You know what, NASCAR, you don't even care what happens to the drivers anymore, so you shouldn't be allowed to continue." And they shouldn't. As soon as NASCAR decided to "let boys be boys" they shouldn't just sold the rights to the sport to someone who did care. Those shouldn't be boys in those cars, guys, it should be men who know that they're on a real race track flying at 210mph.

I think, for purposely crashing Hornaday and for his just constant bad behavior, Busch should be at least benched for the 2011 season. Give him some time to cool off....lots of time. Yeah, a 200+mph race is NOT the place for road rage. That...will get you killed in a hurry....or someone else? (And what if Buch had killed Hornaday? Or seriously injured him? What would NASCAR have done then? My guess...probably exactly what they did. Nothing would have changed..."Oh, your stupidity got someone killed? Well, don't do it again. Now, go on, you little rascal."

And I understand that Tony Stewart and other drivers have done similar things, and, yes, I do believe they should have received harsher punishments....but...no one cares anymore. I'm sorry, but I don't find drivers slamming each other into the wall at 200mph is entertainment. That's just stupid and dangerous. I feel sorry for people like Montoya, Danica and Ambrose who foolishly left good sports for careers in NASCAR.

There is a very good reason why NASCAR drivers aren't invited to IROC anymore.

You are way off with this post. Actions like Kyle's are deeply frowned upon and contreary to this terrible assumption you have, NASCAR isn't about drivers slamming each other into the wall at 200mph for entertainment. Also as many have mentioned, IROC and ROC are not the same thing. IROC (The series that used Pontiac firebirds) is dead, ROC(the one with the buggies, Rally cars and Touring cars) is still held and NASCAR drivers were not in ROC because of a scheduling conflict. You really need to pay more attention before making posts like this.

oooo...drugs. Yeah, doing drugs is worse than purposely crashing someone?

Exactly where did he say that?

Exactly where did he say that?

I still think Busch should've been kicked out of NASCAR. It is a disgrace that someone like him is still allowed in a race car, at all. Same thing with Tony Stewart, who once gave a speech on being safe and not crashing into people and then promptly crashed someone during the race. I mean, to me, it's a "if you want to be kids, go play video games, but keep that crap off the track," type of thing.

All I'm saying is that NASCAR really needs to put an end to that kind of behavior, even if it means ending someone's season or career just to make a point...which that point would be "that crap won't be tolerated. You act like kids and we'll treat you like kids put you with the rest of the kids: on the sideline...permanently. At least take away ALL their points, and DQ them from ever getting points the rest of the season. And fine them a couple races worth of money. Something that not only get their attention but send a message to the rest of the drivers.

Heck, they could adopt a three strike policy. You get three warnings in the form of deducted points and fines but if you get three strikes, you get DQed from the season and no pay the next two races. And crashing someone is worth four strikes which would be an ejection from NASCAR. Not just from a series, but from the organization in general.

I mean, a driver of one of the Ferrari's at LeMans got DQed for simply not moving out of the way when an Audi R18 was coming up behind him, which resulted in a big crash. In NASCAR, that's a stop-and-go penalty and maybe a fine.

I just can't watch NASCAR anymore. It's crazy, but not in a good way. It's a shame they own Grand-Am.

Yeah. That doesn't mean remotely what you said that it meant. In fact, the part that immediately followed which you didn't bother highlighting said the exact opposite.

In that entire bolded part, I still have yet to read where he specifically says that Doing drugs is worse then killing people, hell he actually says quite the opposite.

Heck, they could adopt a three strike policy. You get three warnings in the form of deducted points and fines but if you get three strikes, you get DQed from the season and no pay the next two races. And crashing someone is worth four strikes which would be an ejection from NASCAR. Not just from a series, but from the organization in general.

I'm still waiting to hear if you actually watch any racing at all(mainly any touring car series), as like I said, drivers constantly make contact intentionally.

I mean, a driver of one of the Ferrari's at LeMans got DQed for simply not moving out of the way when an Audi R18 was coming up behind him, which resulted in a big crash. In NASCAR, that's a stop-and-go penalty and maybe a fine.

You do realize that the closing speeds of the LMPs on GT cars is massive right?

And that there are rules stating if you are in a GT car you have to move over for LMP's?

It's a shame they own Grand-Am.

You do realize that if it weren't for NASCAR, Grand-Am wouldn't have existed in the first place right?

I still think Busch should've been kicked out of NASCAR. It is a disgrace that someone like him is still allowed in a race car, at all. Same thing with Tony Stewart, who once gave a speech on being safe and not crashing into people and then promptly crashed someone during the race. I mean, to me, it's a "if you want to be kids, go play video games, but keep that crap off the track," type of thing.

All I'm saying is that NASCAR really needs to put an end to that kind of behavior, even if it means ending someone's season or career just to make a point...which that point would be "that crap won't be tolerated. You act like kids and we'll treat you like kids put you with the rest of the kids: on the sideline...permanently. At least take away ALL their points, and DQ them from ever getting points the rest of the season. And fine them a couple races worth of money. Something that not only get their attention but send a message to the rest of the drivers.

I just can't watch NASCAR anymore. It's crazy, but not in a good way. It's a shame they own Grand-Am.
You just sound like a nascar hater looking for an excuse. So you think F1 should ban massa and hamilton for all the wrecks they had last year?

You just sound like a nascar hater looking for an excuse. So you think F1 should ban massa and hamilton for all the wrecks they had last year?

And this year too, twice with each other might I add.

Back