2012 Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 1,442 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in Europe complaining about the timezones, you deal with it for one race, down here, we deal with for more than half. Races starting at midnight or 1am on a Sunday night.

Its why I dont start uni till 2pm on a Monday ;)

:lol:!

Really looking forward to the first race. Vettel a hat-trick? Wouldn't be surprised. What I really want to see is a competitive Rosberg and the Caterhams going for points! 👍

I see on speed there is a half hour season preview, so be sure to set that title into your dvr recording lists. if you know of any other channels or shows in US talking about the F1 season besides the race be sure and give us a heads up here!

jcm
You think that is bad? Europe races are 5am for me. Too early to wake up, too late to stay up. Canada and USA start at 11am local which is still early for a Sunday, but it's no big deal.
Australia would be a good time for me (11pm local), but I'll be on an airplane towards Hawaii, which messes things up.

What's wrong with 11am? Perfectly good time for a race. Get up, eat breakfast, watch F1. :)

I have watched every race live for years. And before that, I recorded them all. And sometimes even watched the re-run almost immediately after. Can we stop complaining about time zones? F1 is an international championship. We will all be faced with a choice of staying up/recording etc for at least a few races this year.

As a matter of fact, I haven't missed a practice session in the last few years, let alone a qualifying session. Recording technology has existed since before most forum members were born. So let's not turn this into a discussion of time zones.

I used to like getting up ridiculously early for this race before they changed the start time.

I viewed it as just one part of the whole experience bringing in a new F1 season.

It's not really been the same since Bernie started going on about start times in these fly away races.

freight48
What's wrong with 11am? Perfectly good time for a race. Get up, eat breakfast, watch F1. :)

11am is perfectly alright, the problem is that it's arguably the best time that I get to watch it. 11pm is good too, but that still less then half the races at that time. Europe gets to watch most of the races at 1pm, while most of my races are at 5am. It's okay though, that's what a DVR/PVR/Old VHS tape recorder is for :)

So glad it's back, hopefully be a great race with, a Mclaren 1-2.

Every year I say I'll get up to watch it live, but it never happens, re-run at lunch time it is 👍

jcm
11am is perfectly alright, the problem is that it's arguably the best time that I get to watch it. 11pm is good too, but that still less then half the races at that time. Europe gets to watch most of the races at 1pm, while most of my races are at 5am. It's okay though, that's what a DVR/PVR/Old VHS tape recorder is for :)

So why bother complaining? Is this like your post in the "that awkward moment" thread that went along the lines of "I can't think of something, but when I do, I'll post it"? And there are eight European races this year out of twenty.

Staying up all night to watch all the build up for the flyaway races is just part of the F1 season for me, I love it. Also I can't rely on my body clock to wake me up at 5:30am so this ensures I don't miss the race.

F1 fan
So why bother complaining? Is this like your post in the "that awkward moment" thread that went along the lines of "I can't think of something, but when I do, I'll post it"? And there are eight European races this year out of twenty.

If I added it right there are 11 races that start at 5:00am local, 3 races at 11:00pm, 2 races at 11:am, and 1 at 8:00am, 2:30am, 1:00am, and midnight.

5 races at a borderline convient time (11:00am/pm)
3 at nearly borderline convient times (0:00am, 1:00am, 8am)
12 which I'm unable to watch live (5:00am, 2:30am)

That's very annoying. Add a half hour of commercials from TSN, and you've got some great coverage :) And because their just stealing the coverage and announcers from the BBC/SKY team, they act as if you saw what happened in the break, you miss a lot of things because of them, and don't get to see replays. SPEED channel is better, but they get blacked-out sometimes because I live in Canada.

Hey are you guys going to keep launching a different tread for each track?, or will we just keep riding this one out for the remainder of the season?

My tread just got locked so I will repeat myself again:

1st off I will start with who looks good and doesn't? In my opinion Red Bull, and the Mclaren Team look like they will be starting off from where they left off, but the real mystery lies with Team Lotus, Team Mercedes, Force India, and the Ferrari camp for starters.

Hey are you guys going to keep launching a different tread for each track?

That's the plan.

---

Really looking forward to practice. When I get up Friday morning, I'll know who is looking good and who is not. The time since the last race has flown by!

A new thread is made for each Grand Prix on the Tuesday before the race.

The first post indicates the amount of effort you are expected to put in when creating an F1 race thread in terms of content.

I've been looking around various sources regarding the weather on Sunday and the jury is still out on this one. Some show a 50-60% chance of rain for the day and others show a lot of cloud cover and high chances of rain in the morning but say that it will dry up at least a couple of hours before the lights go out. Will have to wait till later in the week to get a more accurate idea of the conditions.

I do hope it rains. I love wet races, they're so much more exciting.

Wet quali, dry race would be simply marvellous.

At the moment forecast is for a wet practice, dry quali and damp start to the race.

Wow. Well I hope they have the track all sorted today, they won't get much done tomorrow.
Just had a monster storm roll into Adelaide and it's definitely on it's way to Melbourne.

Last edited:
MazdaPrice
Swap that. Dry quali, wet race. Spectacular.

But don't tell the teams that. Have them think it's a dry race, so that they use dry setups in qualifying. Then 5 minutes into the race start pouring with forcing every car to go into the pits at the same time :)

I hope Schumi teaches Kimi why he shouldnt have left f1 in the first place. especially since Micheal got pushed out of the sport for Kimi, then kimi gets bored of F1 and leaves in his prime. Kimi should be faster through all the left handers though!

You know how those white stripes are when it rains at Albert Park?, lets see how Romain does in the rain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back