2012 Bahrain Grand Prix

Good to be back on the old layout.
If Rosberg keeps this up, he just might get consecutive wins.
I don't see what's stopping Mercedes from not achieving this. And no, i'm not counting Schumacher out.

I'm going for a Mercedes front row lockout, with the Mclarens and Redbulls sharing the next 4 slots. As for the race, I have a feeling we may see Schumacher on the podium.

Are the Mercedes still eating tires? Just a week ago some of us thought it would have been impossible for Mercedes to keep up the pace throughout the Bahrain GP with the way tires have been degrading.

Are the Mercedes still eating tires? Just a week ago some of us thought it would have been impossible for Mercedes to keep up the pace throughout the Bahrain GP with the way tires have been degrading.

Last week in China, the track was cooler and they were fine. We will have to see if they have cured the problem when the temperature rises, I think they have cracked it though.

I'm going for a Mercedes front row lockout, with the Mclarens and Redbulls sharing the next 4 slots. As for the race, I have a feeling we may see Schumacher on the podium.

My gift of jinxing people has started already! Sorry MS!

It's okay, because your jinx got a Caterham into Q2. :D

EDIT: Is this the first time one of the bottom three teams made it into Q2?

dhandes

Your magic at jinxing :lol:

EDIT: Is this the first time one of the bottom three teams made it into Q2?
No, but it's the first time they've done it on pace. IIRC previous times have been down to other cars not setting a time, or having problems, in Q1.

Great stuff from Heikki. 👍 And :lol: at the big teams thinking they were safe.

Congratulations to Caterham and Tony Fernandes. They thoroughly deserve to be in the midfield battle after the amount of progress, time and commitment they have put into the car. 👍

Qualifying and the Race Start are much more devalued nowadays with the DRS and KERS on offer to pass any car at will effectively. Its a shame the mad frenzy we had back in 2010 has kinda gone now as well as the race start pile-ups.

Rant of the day.

Back