2012 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter That90sGuy
  • 826 comments
MrMelancholy15
Yes please.

Also, cue discussion, of whether or not Jerome D'Ambrosio's ready for Lotus, or not. Was it the Virgin keeping him from winning before? No?

Yeh the Virgin was actually a race winning car but Jerome was just extremely slow like Glock.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jerome can do. While this will be an uphill struggle, it's nice to see him being given a chance in decent machinery. I always felt bad for the new team drivers. They just haven't been given a chance to shine and before they know it, they're out the door.

Speaking of which, he's just made a great start to the Italian Grand Prix in two weeks' time.

Did Maldonado receive a penalty so that he have to start a week later than others in the Italian Grand Prix?

If Maldonado receives another 5 spot penalty and qualifies lower than tenth place at Monza, would this mean that Maldonado would drop so far back that he will have to re-start the Spa race again?

Someone may need to check my math's on this!

In jest,
GTsail

At least having him start so far back to the point it puts him on an empty track in another country would ensure a safe start for the rest of the field.

I'm pretty sure if anyone somehow got involved in enough incidents to warrant so many 5-place grid penalties..they'd have their license revoked.

Can they give 25 spot penalties that carry over?

Yeah, he'll have to start from Variante Ascari at this rate. :ill:

I mean, what if you needed three gearboxes and a couple of engines during a race meeting, for example? If you're in an HRT, I suppose this point would be moot...

I'm pretty sure if anyone somehow got involved in enough incidents to warrant so many 5-place grid penalties..they'd have their license revoked.

If that happen's there'd be room for Ruben's again :)
But so much for the money Maldonado brought though :(

I mean, what if you needed three gearboxes and a couple of engines during a race meeting, for example? If you're in an HRT, I suppose this point would be moot...

Well, then he wouldn't wreck anyone. Problem solved!

I've often wondered why they don't give the boy a 50 place grid penalty for general foolishness. He'll start the Italian Grand Prix from Suzuka and will have to make his way cross-continent to get to the starting line.

Along the way, he will have to pass several challenges, find clues scattered around foreign cities to make his way to the next connecting flight. These challenges will include trying to find Kim Park's house in South Korea, eating boiled goat's testicles in Mongolia and swimming the Ganghes. Should make it back to Italy in time for the 2013 GP.

I've often wondered why they don't give the boy a 50 place grid penalty for general foolishness. He'll start the Italian Grand Prix from Suzuka and will have to make his way cross-continent to get to the starting line.

Along the way, he will have to pass several challenges, find clues scattered around foreign cities to make his way to the next connecting flight. These challenges will include trying to find Kim Park's house in South Korea, eating boiled goat's testicles in Mongolia and swimming the Ganghes. Should make it back to Italy in time for the 2013 GP.

By that time he'll have to go to the Pastor else he'll be starting at 1st in grid slot 24! In a field of 1.

*Okay, I just wanted to get that joke out, I know it's bad :P.

I'll go get my coat.

What is this? The Amazing Race? :lol: How do we know he won't crash into the Park's house or into the Ganghes?

I'm all for his car being on the grid at Monza as it should be.... Just with Pastor starting elsewhere and having to run across the track (at least) to his car.

I'm all for his car being on the grid at Monza as it should be.... Just with Pastor starting elsewhere and having to run across the track (at least) to his car.

Haha, I just had an image of Pastor crouched like a 100m runner waiting for the lights. :lol:

Like Frogger, you mean? Frogger at 200 mph down e main straight? I approve.

*Okay, I just wanted to get that joke out, I know it's bad :P.

I'll go get my coat.

Don't worry. Nothing is too tasteless for this part of the forums. Except swearing, nudity, crash fantasy and Bernie Ecclestone in a thong.

Like Frogger, you mean? Frogger at 200 mph down e main straight? I approve.

Don't worry. Nothing is too tasteless for this part of the forums. Except swearing, nudity, crash fantasy and Bernie Ecclestone in a thong.

Is that why Bernie wears that squinting grimace in every photo I've ever seen?

bernie_ecclestone11.jpg

Bernie_Ecclestone_F1_Boss_2.jpg

Bernie-Ecclestone_1644174c.jpg

These challenges will include trying to find Kim Park's house in South Korea, eating boiled goat's testicles in Mongolia and swimming the Ganghes. Should make it back to Italy in time for the 2013 GP.

And, may he never escape North Korea. Clearly, the border control between North Korea and China wouldn't be as strong as the border control between the two Koreas.

P.S., no, I don't mean that I want to see Pastor killed in North Korea. I do, however, mean, that I don't want North Korea to think that this new, unheard of thing, called a Formula One car, is a weapon sent by a non-communist country. That could lead to nuclear war. I mean, even without nuclear war, we already have enough reasons to hate, loathe, and despise Pastor.

I am seriously confused......

-Maldonado jumps starts and gets a lot of grid penalties.
-A person named "niky" commented on a challenge, saying that (s)he'd like Maldonado to start the Italian GP in Suzuka, Japan, and drive about, completing challenges.
-One of these challenges included driving from Japan, to South Korea; this would, in most cases, involve going through North Korea. North Korea has likely never seen F1 cars before.
-North Korea could assume that this F1 car was a weapon.
-North Korea could attack.

The results would be bad.

And, I really can't believe that I even tried to keep a straight face while saying that. :lol:

The F1 car is the weapon? Crashtor by himself is more dangerous than a nuclear weapon, let alone the car.

The sound of an F1 car would probably scare North Koreans. Then, once Maldonado starts destroying the North Korean defenses, they'll think that his car was designed for that sort of thing.

Hamilton must be really sick of not racing at Spa...

It appears that Vettel has the championship wrapped up, unless Alonso pulls .5 seconds a lap out of his pocket.

Grosjean... Well... That was a stupid move on his part.

It appears that Vettel has the championship wrapped up, unless Alonso pulls .5 seconds a lap out of his pocket.

What?!?! What's your source? I'd like to see the math behind this. If Vettel is in that sort of a position, I'll be quite happy!

What?!?! What's your source? I'd like to see the math behind this. If Vettel is in that sort of a position, I'll be quite happy!

Thats pure speculation based on Alonso's declining pace, and Vettel being on the upswing. Alonso is good, but the Ferrari isn't really on the same level as the Red Bull or McLaren in terms of pace.

Speaking of which, McLaren really shot themselves in the foot this year. Imagine all of the points they could have had from earlier in the season without the garbage pit stops.

Thats pure speculation based on Alonso's declining pace, and Vettel being on the upswing. Alonso is good, but the Ferrari isn't really on the same level as the Red Bull or McLaren in terms of pace.

Speaking of which, McLaren really shot themselves in the foot this year. Imagine all of the points they could have had from earlier in the season without the garbage pit stops.

Okay. It's not REALLY a Vettel upswing, though. It's a Vettel horseshoe up the intestines. Reasoning: his alternator hasn't broken since (and correct me if I'm wrong) Valencia. THAT will always cause a better season.

You are right, Fernando's pace was rubbish for almost the entirety of this race. Previously, he had been quite consistent in driving the wheels of the Ferrari, while the other teams came and went depending on the circuit type/failures/stuff ups.
The pace of the Lotuses has hurt Red Bull and McLaren in that they are capable of taking big points off them if RB/McLaren have an off day. Whereas on the last couple of years, an off day for Red Bull still got them a 5th or 6th. This year it is 7th/8th.

Back