2012 Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 708 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom
Great Moto3 race, glad to see Olivera up there. The same applies to Moto2 with West and Redding as well as Marquez. Congratulations to Lorenzo for the second title, he deserves it.

Just watched that! He bested (his own) record for best ever finishing position for a Portuguese rider.

So proud... :D

Not just for his result, but because he has shown (at 17 if I'm not mistaken) the speed AND maturity to go far. He was smart sticking with the leader, took a chance in he end but then settled for 2nd (all he reasonably could) instead of chancing a crash. 👍

Now... To find a broadcast of Moto2 and MotoGP.

Pedrosa has looked very fast in recent races and IIRC he has done well at Valencia (with the exception of last year, I think it was a wet race) so I predict a Pedrosa win in Valencia. Stoner and Lorenzo probably could have done a much faster time today but they both knew that they didn't need to to get what they wanted out of the race.

Ant West has failed an Anti-Doping test after traces of Methylhexaneamine were found in a sample back in May at Le Mans. However, the drug is intended as a dietary supplement and can be found in Geranamine and Floradrene, to be used as an over-the-counter thermogenic or general-purpose stimulant. He has been disqualified from his 7th place finish at Le Mans and banned from FIM sanctioned events for one month. West has 5 days to appeal.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185676/1/anthony_west_fails_anti-doping_test.html

Marquez starting last in Valencia due to his move on Simone Corsi during FP. This gonna be a cool race :D Espargaro seems super fast, I doubt anyone will be able to follow him tomorrow.

I know remembrance day is an important day and shouldn't be overlooked but the BBC cut the coverage of the Moto2 race on the red button with 3 laps to go. I hope some other channel buys the rights to show MotoGP because the BBC clearly don't care about it. Disappointing but I enjoyed the incredible ride by Marc.

Amazing ride from Marquez.. :bowdown: He fully deserves to be Moto2 champion and to take Stoners place next year. 👍

Unfortunately I could only see part of Moto3 (until Vasquez crashed into Oliveira) :ouch: and missed what I expected to be another display of dominance from Marc Marquez.

Now back to the couch for some (expectedly boring) MotoGP...

I haven't seen the Moto3 race, Moto2 was great.

MotoGP though, a stonker of a crash from Lorenzo! But great to see Espagaro leading in the early laps. Madness with everyone pitting however!

Messy! But Nakasuga, well done! Second on a Yamaha (after Lorenzo lead and crash) can't wait to see what Valle can do with it.

Cal had a pretty bad one too. Front slipped leaving him hanging. Had me worried for a while. Hayden, so well all weekend...

Now for the if game. If Dani hadn't crashed last race... ;)

Don't even go there! They've both been knocked off and had a crash on their own so its even.
This seems the best method for racing, slightly wet and drying. Moto 3 won by a Brit, moto 2 won from last on the grid and moto gp won from the pit lane. Plus all 3 races were heart attack inducing!

I only got to see the Moto3 race, and it was nice to see Brad Binder up there for his best result of his career. He was only one corner away from being the first South African podium finisher in 27 years! Nice to see Kent cut up Cortese though, for a last gasp win.

Don't even go there! They've both been knocked off and had a crash on their own so its even.
This seems the best method for racing, slightly wet and drying. Moto 3 won by a Brit, moto 2 won from last on the grid and moto gp won from the pit lane. Plus all 3 races were heart attack inducing!

MotoGP was far more interesting than I antecipaded. Very good races to end the season 👍

With the crt's getting quicker from a new ecu and prototypes having less fuel next year, does anyone expect there to be a fight between them for 8/9th places?

Great Moto2 test today, no times officially recorded but I'll post the unofficial ones when I recieve them.

Riders that participated were:

Scott Redding - Marc VDS Racing
Nico Terol - Mapfre Aspar Team
Danny Kent - Tech 3 Racing
Louis Rossi - Tech 3 Racing
Simone Corsi - NGM Forward Racing
Mattia Pasini - NGM Forward Racing
Mike Di Meglio - JiR Moto2
Johann Zarco - Came IodaRacing Project
Julian Simon - Italtrans Racing Team
Toni Elias - Avintia Blusens
Kyle Smith - Avintia Blusens
Doni Tata Pradita - Thai Honda PTT Gresini Moto2
Anthony West - QMMF Racing Team
Pol Espargaró - Tuenti Movil HP 40
Esteve Rabat - Tuenti Movil HP 40
Marcel Schrotter - Desguaces La Torre SAG

I'm really looking forward to tomorrows test to see how Marquez and Rossi get on. :D

I just want to see Marquez stay on the bike, I hope Rossi and Marc can do well tomorrow because that will probably mean 2013 is going to be the most exciting season in years even without Stoner.

The Moto3 test yesterday was pretty much rained out - none of the Moto2 incumbents were permitted out by their teams and the rest of the riders were well off race pace due to the conditions.

Rossi's bike looks awesome though:

_64124357_64124356.jpg

I agree completely Mike, it's nice to finally see Rossi with a smile on his face.

---

Results from today:

1. Alvaro Bautista ESP - Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 35.936s (Lap 4/5)
2. Stefan Bradl GER - LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 36.198s (3/5)
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA - Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 39.868s (3/41)
4. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN - Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 42.239s (2/31)
5. Nicky Hayden USA - Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 42.571s (21/30)
6. Valentino Rossi ITA - Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 43.736s (27/28)
7. Michele Pirro ITA - Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 44.297s (33/35)
8. Claudio Corti ITA - Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 45.814s (24/29)
9. Randy De Puniet FRA - Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 46.045s (16/21)
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP - Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 46.060s (10/15)
11. Colin Edwards USA - Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 46.426s (14/19)
12. Karel Abraham CZE - Cardion AB (ART CRT) 1m 46.992s (21/27)
13. Andrea Iannone ITA - Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 47.772s (22/40)
14. Hector Barbera ESP - Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 49.457s (30/42)

Danilo Petrucci ITA - Came IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT) No Time
Dani Pedrosa ESP - Repsol Honda (RC213V) No Time
Cal Crutchlow GBR - Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time
Shane Byrne GBR - Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) No Time
Marc Marquez ESP - Repsol Honda (RC213V) No Time
Jorge Lorenzo ESP - Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) No Time
Bradley Smith GBR - Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) No Time

Yamaha moved to Aragon in hopes of better weather than Valencia today, however the weather proved to be worse than yesterday.

---

Results from today:

1. Dani Pedrosa ESP - Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 32.322s (Lap 25/30)
2. Cal Crutchlow GBR - Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 32.671s (28/28)
3. Stefan Bradl GER - LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 32.813s (21/25)
4. Nicky Hayden USA - Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 32.956s (33/33)
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP - Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 33.109s (25/26)
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA - Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 33.238s (30/31)
7. Marc Marquez ESP - Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 33.403s (27/28)
8. Michele Pirro ITA - Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 33.625s (51/51)
9. Andrea Iannone ITA - Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 33.833s (52/56)
10. Randy De Puniet FRA - Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 34.081s (28/30)
11. Bradley Smith GBR - Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 34.538s (42/43)
12. Karel Abraham CZE - Cardion AB (ART CRT) 1m 35.309s (21/25)
13. Danilo Petrucci ITA - IodaRacing (Suter-BMW CRT) 1m 35.403s (22/22)
14. Hector Barbera ESP - Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 39.248s (25/26)
15. Aleix Espargaro ESP - Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 43.517s (35/40)

Colin Edwards USA Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Shane Byrne GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) No Time
Claudio Corti ITA Forward (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) No Time
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) Not present
Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) Not present

Very exciting, just a second off the pole time this year. I wonder how fast he would go with a bit more practice and if he was going for it like it was qualifying. :drool: It's mad to think that someone the same age as me is one of fastest riders on the planet. :crazy:

Anyone know what the "T" next to his number means?

Guessing here, but I've seen bikes ran with just a T up front so I'd say T for test bike official marking. Next to it his 93 only showing as "courtesy" since it's not official until 2013.

Like I said... guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back