2012 Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 708 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great MotoGP Race, very eventful. I haven't watched the Moto3 or Moto2 Races yet but I know that Rea and West were on the podium and that Cortese is now champion. I'm looking forward to watching it later!

Tom
Great MotoGP Race, very eventful. I haven't watched the Moto3 or Moto2 Races yet but I know that Rea and West were on the podium and that Cortese is now champion. I'm looking forward to watching it later!
Really? I thought it was incredibly dull. Any action that did happen seem to be off camera too.

The series really needs either Rossi to be back to something like his best next year or Marquez to be fast straight away. Otherwise I see next year being the most boring to date.

Really? I thought it was incredibly dull. Any action that did happen seem to be off camera too.

The series really needs either Rossi to be back to something like his best next year or Marquez to be fast straight away. Otherwise I see next year being the most boring to date.

The BBC showed an interview with Rossi just before the race and he said that Moto3 and Moto2 are much more exciting than MotoGP. He said that when you reach the premier class there is much more pressure to be professional, the bikes are also much closer in terms of performance in the smaller classes.

The BBC showed an interview with Rossi just before the race and he said that Moto3 and Moto2 are much more exciting than MotoGP. He said that when you each the premier class there is much more pressure to be professional, the bikes are also much closer in terms of performance in the smaller classes.
They are much better. When Rossi was at his best, It was interesting. the racing between Rossi and Biaggi/Gibernau/Stoner/Lorenzo was simply awesome, and that lasted for 10 years.
The racing in WSB is also very good.

The premier class doesn't have to be boring.

Shame Gino wasn't given the win in Moto2, anyone know why Rossi fell back suddenly after a few laps? I assume he went off the track, the BBC didn't seem to know.

I saw that. He fell back at the same time Spies fell off. Tube commentators only saw it 2 or 3 laps later... no info on that.

Moto 2 was a bit insane! Great to see a couple of guys up the front you wouldn't expect. If only the premier class was the same, even in the wet its the usual suspects at the front. It seems a controlled ECU needs to come in sooner rather than later.

Matthew Miles ‏@CW1Miles:

According to Yamaha, @BenSpies11 suffered "an AC shoulder separation, a cracked rib in the upper chest area and bruising to the lung."

Confirmed he'll be in surgery in the US and will miss the AU GP.

hornet_burnout
Matthew Miles ‏@CW1Miles:

According to Yamaha, @BenSpies11 suffered "an AC shoulder separation, a cracked rib in the upper chest area and bruising to the lung."

Confirmed he'll be in surgery in the US and will miss the AU GP.

Again the crash that didn't look so bad, ended up being the doozie!

I wonder how they welcomed him back. Open arms? Maybe not haha! But he does have a lot of talent they could use.

Anyway, its a year to the day since we lost a great man. RIP Marco, we will always miss you. :'(

I still find it sad Marco Simoncelli(?) is no longer with us. I probably thought he'd maybe be a MotoGP World Champion before he wrapped up his career.

Sad to see fellow Texan Ben Spies go down hard. I didn't see any MotoGP action except for highlights. Man- BEAUTIFUL weather in Malaysia for the MotoGP race! Yeah, right... that was brutal rain! You really have to respect motorcycle racers in the rain. It is TOUGH racing in the rain, especially on a motorcycle. You don't have the luxury of windshield wipers or anything. And of course, Grand Prix motorcycles don't have lights unless you're looking at those endurance racing bikes like in the FIM Endurance World Championship.

Anyhow... bring on the Australian round of the championship!

Moto3 rider Danny Webb has withdrawn from the weekends race due to a lack of spare parts after mechanical problems in the last three races.

Stoner is fast in practice! Hopefully the rain stays away and he backs it up in qual :) Im heading down to Melbourne tomorrow to see Stoners last Aus GP! Cant wait! Will be my first ever MotoGP experience too!!

Dustone
Stoner is fast in practice! Hopefully the rain stays away and he backs it up in qual :) Im heading down to Melbourne tomorrow to see Stoners last Aus GP! Cant wait! Will be my first ever MotoGP experience too!!

I was lucky enough to see Stoner take it at Mazda Raceway last year, good times to you man!

Fantastic qualifying in Moto3 and Moto2, predictable for MotoGP however. Mind you, I'm very happy that West is 9th on the grid. Really looking forward to the 2.00 AM start!

Barely had time to check the news... Good to see Stoner and Pedrosa side by side! Can't wait to see what will happen in the race!

Nothing to lose Stoner vs must win Pedrosa, and Lorenzo right on their heels 👍

Seriously do not expect any 'team orders', not with Stoner. Otherwise it would end up with Pedrosa going away and Stoner 'holding' Lorenzo in 3rd. Don't want to see that happening...

Barely had time to check the news... Good to see Stoner and Pedrosa side by side! Can't wait to see what will happen in the race!

Nothing to lose Stoner vs must win Pedrosa, and Lorenzo right on their heels 👍

Seriously do not expect any 'team orders', not with Stoner. Otherwise it would end up with Pedrosa going away and Stoner 'holding' Lorenzo in 3rd. Don't want to see that happening...
You don't think that if the order is Stoner-Dani-JLo near the end, Stoner would give up his place to his teammate? He's out of the championship, to not do it is being a terrible teammate.

You don't think that if the order is Stoner-Dani-JLo near the end, Stoner would give up his place to his teammate? He's out of the championship, to not do it is being a terrible teammate.

We're talking Stoner here. He thinks he is the center of the universe, so I think hell would freeze over before he puts his teammate ahead of himself, even though he is out of the championship running.

Not to mention, he wants to go out on a high note. A stoner win at Phillip island is just "expected" every year. This year will probably be no different.

I hope he wins in Valencia. He's had some great rides there over the years and doesn't have to worry about championship conservation.

It looks like a big ask with the pace the Hondas of Pedrosa and Stoner are showing over recent races. It'll depend on how much Lorenzo was holding back, but I'd wager a Honda will still win.

Congrats to Jorge Lorenzo on his second championship. Near flawless performance this season.

Yeah I agree, very nice season, very mature also in the way he handle it. He never pushed too far, took 2nd place when he couldnt win and didnt over drive. Very good season.

Grats for Marquez too, I hope he's gonna be as fast in MotoGP.

Last edited:
Great Moto3 race, glad to see Olivera up there. The same applies to Moto2 with West and Redding as well as Marquez. Congratulations to Lorenzo for the second title, he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back