2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 149,910 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted already but I didn't see it so here goes. Have fun :D

 
Sorry if this has been posted already but I didn't see it so here goes. Have fun :D



saw this a couple days ago, almost pissed myself laughing !
 
Ha, epic. Point proven world, but he did meet the most sort after player in the world, who cod earn more than any american footballer.
 
Brad Friedel?
 
Lol no
 
So with the new Premiership season starting later this week, who do you think is most likely to go down? I think most will include Palace and Hull or at least one of them but the other place is really hard to know. I'd probably go with Stoke but there are quite a few other teams that could just an easily go down.

As for winning the league I assume most people will pick one of Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd but if someone has someone else to offer that might be interesting to hear and then I'll laugh at you. :sly:

Any other predictions are always good to hear. I'm kind of out of them though, it's going to be a strange season I think, maybe the unpredictability actually means it'll turn out to be predictable though. :dopey:
 
Well I have no idea but who is going to win the league (and that's coming from United fan!), it is wide open between the three of them but the bookies seem to think Chelsea will do it.

As everyone should now know im a Swansea fan also, now the squad we have is stronger than last seasons so really we should be looking to try and better last seasons 9th place, maybe even qualify for Europe through the league...but there is one important factor and that's the fact we are in Europe this season and have to get used to the travelling and the Thursday-Sunday routine and that probably will have an effect on the squad and disrupt our season, so if it does then ill just be happy to avoid relegation.

...as for the relegation battle, well you obviously have to look at the promoted team and out of which it think Hull are probably best placed to stay up as they have signed some good players over the summer and I hate Cardiff with a passion so I hope they go down with a record points total!, Also I think Newcastle will be in the fight as well as the Joe Kinnear thing will be a hindrance rather than a help, Sunderland will be down there as well as they have had a lot of ins and outs and it will take time for the new players to settle and the team to gel...and Stoke will be in the fight I think..
 
Chelsea
City
United
Spurs
Arsenal
Swansea

Crystal Palace Stoke and Hull relegated. Liverpool for the League Cup, Spurs for the Fa Cup.

Bayern Munich to retain the Champions League and Atletico Madrid to take Europa.
 
I wouldn't put Swansea above Liverpool!
 
I wouldn't put Swansea above Liverpool!

I just did.;)

Bony will end up being the signing of the summer and Swansea have a good knack of improving season by season, I reckon they could get Europa League.

Liverpool are gonna end up with Suarez who has a terrible season(by his standards) and end up buying any young player who plays decent in the next couple of months a la Jordan Henderson.
 
oh I don't know now!

you've made some good points but Europe could be a distraction, I mean look at Newcastle last season now I know there were a few reasons why they had a shocker but Europe and the extra games they played took its toll on the squad and they had a lot of injuries to key players, I know that we have more strength in depth so we should be fine but im being cautious about this and finishing above Liverpool?, I don't know about that...
 
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal/United/Liverpool*

18. Stoke
19. Hull
20. Palace

*Only if we sign a class winger and Suarez plays at full force.
 
There's NO way Spurs will finish above United if they sell Bale....no way!
 
I should have made a special point for that too, oh well.:p
 
1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Spurs
4. Arsenal/United/Liverpool*

18. Stoke
19. Hull
20. Palace

*Only if we sign a class winger and Suarez plays at full force.

Hah... Pool fan. :rolleyes:



I don't expect United to win, but anything other than top 3 is very unlikely. Liverpool is gonna struggle for top 6-8, again.
 
Hah... Pool fan. :rolleyes:
In our second half of the season we managed 36 points. If we could have matched that in the firsts half we would've been ahead of Spurs for 5th on Goal difference, just one point of of Arsenal in 4th, and in our last 4 games without Suarez, we went 3-0-1 with 10 goals for and one against.
 
4th? Isn't that a bit low for Liverpool? This year is our year, right?
 
I'd so love Cardiff to get relegated as Welsh Football's most expensive mistake.
 
That all depends on Suarez going or staying. And Gerard lasting the season without injury.
 
My predictions.

1: Man United
2: Chelsea (Very close to United)
3: Spurs (If Bale stays)
4: Arsenal
5: Man City

I think it will be a really close race in the top 5 by points. 1-5 being separated by just 11 Points at the end of it.

Golden Boot will go to RVP again.
 
Don't know if Utd can win it again, City and Chelsea have been strengthened whereas I'd say Utd got weaker. No way will Moysey perform at SAF's level for a year at least, plus no signings, Rooneys unrest. He won't perform at 100% with all this over his head.
 
Well i think 2 signings, which after settling in, could change that. Fabregas was a push, and i can see why but Ronaldo?!? Still maybe as that number 7 shirt is vacant again
 
Well i think 2 signings, which after settling in, could change that. Fabregas was a push, and i can see why but Ronaldo?!? Still maybe as that number 7 shirt is vacant again

If Bale goes Madrid then Ronaldo becomes a slight possibility. Fabregas says he wants to stay.
 
I'm picking Chelsea for the title due to the Mourinho effect, with ManU second due to the Moyes effect and Spurs/ City fighting for 3rd and 4th due to Spur's long list of summer signing and Pellegrino's poisoned chalice.

5th...Liverpool or Arsenal, Liverpool have the stronger squad on paper but Arsenal tend to have better consistency. Both will be miles off the pace though versus the top 4. 🤬 Wenger and his inability to sign anything worth signing.

Not sure who to go down, I haven't been following the promotees that closely. Hull probably, because they always do once they come up!
 
I'd so love Cardiff to get relegated as Welsh Football's most expensive mistake.

This 100%! I want them to go into administration as well to make it even harder for them...and for the Swans to beat them 4-0 in the two South Wales derbies!
 
:D

Joe Hart is :(
 

Yep, it was pathetic, like a little kid scared the ball was going to hit him. :lol:
 
:D

Joe Hart is 🤬
Fixed that for you....

:D

It's like 1999 all over again...

edit:

:lol: 2-1 Scotland...
 
Last edited:
It is good to see Rickie Lambert getting a run out for England.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back