• Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Premium
England
Tadley, Hampshire, UK
So now that the 12/13 season is over, I thought I may as well create a new one for fresh discussion.

Manchester United will be hoping to hold onto their title under David Moyes and the newly promoted clubs will be looking not to go straight back down. A lot of managers will be at different clubs than they were last year too.

Last edited:
Hope Yeovil do well in the 2nd tier for the first time in their history. Also hope moyes does well at United, without moyes everton wont do anywhere near as well in the next campaign. Any news on mancini's next move?

Hope Yeovil do well in the 2nd tier for the first time in their history. Also hope moyes does well at United, without moyes everton wont do anywhere near as well in the next campaign. Any news on mancini's next move?
Well I personally think he will go to Monaco but as of yet, I don't think any rumours are being spread. He could also go to Serie A.

Bale signed a new contract with Tottenham, according to The Evening Standard.

So I guess he's not going anywhere this summer.

In the last few seconds, the Real Madrid owner has announced that Mourinho will leave at the end of the season. The Sky sports translation was a bit rough so I don't know if he was sacked or just left.

Seriously hoping for Liverpool to challenge for the top 4 this season. Anything less is a big disappointment.

We should this season, we have a very good squad now, hopefully BR can make some good signings ie; Eriksen and Dede, and thats easiy a top four side.

BR IS THE FUTURE OF LFC!!!

Still what?

Liverpools chance to get into the top four are quite slim IMO.
Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham have far better squads.

I'm not saying it can't be done. It's just not very likely.

Last edited:
Arsenal have a good squad but are realistically beatable, and spurs well there your only really playing against bale so...

Arsenal have a good squad but are realistically beatable, and spurs well there your only really playing against bale so...

I think Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertongen, Assou Ekotto, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon and Defoe disagrees :)

Lloris is fair enough, but the rest......?

Dawson is as good as any CB currently at Liverpool, maybe better.

Vertonghen is better than Dawson and can play Lb too.

Lennon can be a danger with his pace and is a better winger than any Liverpool have.

Defoe is a very solid player too and should be valued more than he is too.

Walker isn't far away from taking the England RB spot from Johnson so can't be that bad.

I'd also put AVB ahead of Rodgers by quite a bit if I was ranking the managers in the premier league too.

Right now Tottenham and Arsenal are clearly better than Liverpool and while that could change over the summer with who these clubs bring in and who they lose, I wouldn't be banking on Liverpool making the top four next year.

You make a good point, but of course AVB i sbetter that BR because BR hasnt really managed a big club yet.

You make a good point, but of course AVB i sbetter that BR because BR hasnt really managed a big club yet.
I know Liverpool haven't done great lately but I'd still call them a big club!
If they can keep Suarez and get a decent CB + a good DM they'll do well next season.

I know Liverpool haven't done great lately but I'd still call them a big club!
If they can keep Suarez and get a decent CB + a good DM they'll do well next season.

Thats what i meant, ha hasnt managed a big club until now, and i must say hes doing well.

How come no-one told me this thread had started! i was still posting on last season thread wondering when this one would start! :lol:

How come no-one told me this thread had started! i was still posting on last season thread wondering when this one would start! :lol:
:lol: I probably should have posted the link in last season's thread.

Anyway, some Man United news today, assistant manager Mike Phelan and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele have left the club, no real surprise there as Moyes want to bring his own staff in...

Just seen that on BBC Sport. I hope Moyes brings in good staff.

So Martinez resigned earlier then and it turns out that Everton made an approach for him last week...

It also looks like that Stoke will appoint Mark Hughes tomorrow...

Big Premier league fan here!

Im more anxious to see how Moyes is going to cope with United now that he has to put aside his negative tactics and play attractive football first time in his life. Not to mention that he cant play as an underdog and the fans of United expect him to win trophies because he is coaching an big side now. Personally I think Mou would have been better choice.

Welcome to GTP! :)

Most of the users on this thread are United fans, so i think there'll be a lot of interest in how Moyes does! :lol:

Yep, welcome to the football corner of the 'planet! :cheers:.

As MUSC said, there are a lot of United fans, (me and MUSC included).

Hey thanks!

Stoke is so reluctant to get themselves relegated by signing Hughes, huh? Good for them, disgusting club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back