2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 150,064 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like RVP and always liked rooney since the day he arrived from everton. I'm sure the can co-exist in the same team just like nani and young can too, with Ronaldo or 'Bale' possible coming, even tighter still. I really don't want rooney to leave, to ever leave in fact. RVP and RNY are a great pair on the pitch, as is Welbec and Rooney, Welbec and RVP, Hernandez and Rooney. Etc etc etc. he wouldn't get the same flow elsewere.

Good game for us but 1 point is still better than none. Especially with a possible title contender.
 
I don't know, but it is the end for Mata at Atletico Turismo VII :grumpy: #wrongthread

If anyone has a spare 2 minutes, highlights of the game are now available on the BBC Sport website.

Surprised the highlights lasted 2 minutes.
 
What? That's one of the most boring matches I've ever seen.

Indeed, nothing noteworthy happened in the whole match. Neither team created a real chance, a couple of half chances at best. Wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that :grumpy: The match was fairly equal from an unbiased point of view. But of course United fans will say they played better, and vice versa.
 
Well yeh, being a united fan but was not to impressed, glad i didnt go up in he end. I do miss the mourinho fergie side line spats lol
 
Indeed, nothing noteworthy happened in the whole match. Neither team created a real chance, a couple of half chances at best. Wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that :grumpy: The match was fairly equal from an unbiased point of view. But of course United fans will say they played better, and vice versa.
To be honest, I actually agree with you. Both teams were as good as each other throughout the match. Both teams defences were rock solid as well.
 
Sounds like a boring game. I guess I was wrong about United taking this one. I'll take the 1 point at Old Trafford any day of the week. On to the next game!
 
Indeed, nothing noteworthy happened in the whole match. Neither team created a real chance, a couple of half chances at best. Wasted 90 minutes of my life watching that :grumpy: The match was fairly equal from an unbiased point of view. But of course United fans will say they played better, and vice versa.

I think United were slightly better,Chelsea's false 9 formation was a what the f moment,they badly need a striker.

Funnily enough this match and Spa were supposed to be the most entertaining thing this week.
 
I think United were slightly better,Chelsea's false 9 formation was a what the f moment,they badly need a striker.

Funnily enough this match and Spa were supposed to be the most entertaining thing this week.

And Spa was dominated by Vettel while over here we had a nil nil draw lol.
 
And Spa was dominated by Vettel while over here we had a nil nil draw lol.

Yeah,it's a glitch in the matrix that both events were crap.
 
Happy with the result and performance last night, I thought Rooney and Valencia were great...Liverpool next...

theres been nothing about Rooney/Chelsea since last night but Sky Sports News have said that he wont put in a transfer request...
 
Don't fancy us to beat United this weekend. I think they'll have too much now that Toure is out.
 
Wasn't the best night for Liverpool last night despite winning, picked up a few injuries, couldn't bring players like Gerrard and Sturridge off because they didn't put Notts County to bed soon enough and they let County back in it..
 
Reports are coming through that Spurs have signed Erik Lamela for around £25-30 million. The deal for Bale must be going through. There's no way Spurs would be able to splash out £85m in one transfer window, which just happens to be £1m less than Bale is rumoured to be going for.
 
Bale is acting like a baby now, three day missed in training and he could be fined by Spurs but I think Madrid are partly to blame for turning his head by putting him on the front page of the Marca everyday...
 
Two massive games on Sunday, it should be good...

Has anyone started a Europa League thread for this year yet?, the draw was earlier and Swansea have an interesting group

Cant find one, ill start one now
 
Last edited:
Two massive games on Sunday, it should be good...

Has anyone started a Europa League thread for this year yet?, the draw was earlier and Swansea have an interesting group

Not that I know of and I can't see one. ;)
 
New thread started 👍
 
I'm watching Man City v Hull City on BT Sport 1... I have to watch it online since you don't get BT Sport on TV unless you have BT Infinity, which is not available in my area :grumpy:

So far the coverage has been dodgy - the video keeps leaping forward by 90 seconds (thus revealing the score) and then snapping back a few seconds later, which is very annoying... it's happened twice in the first 4 minutes of the game, and was doing it throughout the build up of the game for longer spells...

Aluko has just missed a sitter for Hull - terrible defending from Man City so far!
 
Quite a boring day so far, Newcastle, Stoke and Norwich all won 1-0, Cardiff and Everton was a 0-0 and Man City beat Hull 2-0 earlier, Hull played really well though..

..Palace v Sunderland next..
 
Unless Palace - Sunderland is a 9-8 score line then I don't see MOTD getting a great viewer count.
 
Palace one-nil up though and look good, Sunderland haven't had a shot on target yet..

3-1 to Palace! they deserved this, they were Brilliant and the better team throughout!
 
Last edited:
Can't wait for tomorrow, feeling optimistic we can get a good result against Man U.
 
I'm watching Man City v Hull City on BT Sport 1... I have to watch it online since you don't get BT Sport on TV unless you have BT Infinity, which is not available in my area :grumpy:

So far the coverage has been dodgy - the video keeps leaping forward by 90 seconds (thus revealing the score) and then snapping back a few seconds later, which is very annoying... it's happened twice in the first 4 minutes of the game, and was doing it throughout the build up of the game for longer spells...

Aluko has just missed a sitter for Hull - terrible defending from Man City so far!

You can get it without infinity as long as you have a sky viewing card, you don't even need a sky subscription I don't think.
 
You can get it without infinity as long as you have a sky viewing card, you don't even need a sky subscription I don't think.
I have a sky viewing card and I don't get it on that television. However, I have it rooted to a 46" TV upstairs via livestream.
 
Really admire the english fanbase when it comes to show respect for someone before the kick-off. Should they be two argentine clubs, the Man United fans would have probably booed Shankly...

Goal by Liverpool in the 3rd minute! Sturridge, perfectly onside.
 
What a start for Liverpool...

1-0
:yuck:


Both team good defending, but not so good at attacking in first half.


There is almost certain to be a red card or two in this match, as always.
 
:yuck:


Both team good defending, but not so good at attacking in first half.


There is almost certain to be a red card or two in this match, as always.

I agree. They had to talk to the captains at the end of the half and things were starting to get pretty ugly. Now, it will be interesting to see how Moyes handles this half time speech. He's got a few players with cards, and down a goal, and the team is not really looking that good. I'd say, as long as Liverpool continue playing like they are right now, it'd be hard for Man U to get into this.
 
Again, Kagawa can't get a game. Not even on the bench, is he injured? United have no creativity in midfield, and leaving somebody like Kagawa out just amazes me, sort of like how Chelsea can leave Mata on the bench.
 
Yeah I don't understand why sir Alex and now moyes keep Kagawa on the bench. He lacks experience yes, but only because they refuse to play him in the starting 11. If I was Kagawa I'd seriously think about if I wanted to stay at United, the other big premier league teams would snatch him up and he'd be playing every game.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back