2013/14 Premier League and General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • 3,859 comments
  • 150,169 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody is talking about how Mourinho decided to respond to Wenger in the Chelsea Press Conference yesterday.
 
I'm surprised nobody is talking about how Mourinho decided to respond to Wenger in the Chelsea Press Conference yesterday.
Nothing really to say, because Mourinho is spot on the money.
 
Nothing really to say, because Mourinho is spot on the money.

First Arsenal fan I've heard say that. Everyone is complaining about that comment when Mourinho is half right, half wrong. And Arsene said the incorrect thing first to make Mourinho have to make a comment back.
 
Sunderland beat Southampton 1-0 thanks to Gardner fantastic strike, it was a crap game with crap weather and the managers made 15 team changes between them, only 16,377 crowd as well..

Wigan are 2-1 up v Cardiff so far and Sheff Wed cup game with Charlton postponed

Sad to hear about Tom Finney's passing...

Wigan knock Cardiff out! they won 2-1

Surprised no-one has posted on here apart from me this afternoon...City are one up v Chelsea through Jovetic at half time and they are the better team..
 
Last edited:
I can only imagine this guy is getting destroyed on Twitter now.:lol:
1017649_424980524314152_1974400128_n.jpg
 
Thank Christ for that, someone to talk football with!

Ive seen that, what an idiot!!
 
Looks like Chelsea are out of the FA cup, City could get more as well. Chelsea are being outclassed.
 
Just what's happening with Chelsea?!

City looks awesome today!
 
Ramires as a CAM just doesn't work, they play as a much better team with him at CDM...

That and Hazard wasn't given an inch of room all night.
 
Any predictions for todays FA Cup games?

I'm going with Liverpool to beat Arsenal, Forest to beat Sheffield Utd and Everton to beat Swansea.
 
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool (Liverpool to win in replay)
Sheff Utd 1-0 Notts Forest (It wouldn't be the FA Cup without something unpredicted happening)
Everton 2-0 Swansea
 
I think Arsenal will edge it today, I don't know why. 2-1 to Arsenal.
 
Hope we do it, we need a boost for our big game on Wednesday and to get us back on track. The F.A Cup is one of the trophies I realistically see Arsenal winning this season. Unfortunately I'm going to miss the Arsenal game as I'm working this evening.

I'll go for a very nervy 2-1 Arsenal win.
Everton 1-0 Swansea
Forest 2-0 Sheffield Utd.
 
Hope Wenger does not rotate too much, best chance of a trophy I feel.
 
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney is on the verge of signing a new 5.5 yr contract at Man Utd, on a ludicrous £300,000 a week.
 
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney is on the verge of signing a new 5.5 yr contract at Man Utd, on a ludicrous £300,000 a week.
Only a few months ago he wanted to leave (and the summer before that, ad infinitum)
 
Aye, but that was when he was only getting £250,000 a week - no wonder he wasn't happy.
 
If Manchester want to overpay by £200,000 a week a player who hasn't got that many years left in him instead of using the money to strengthen their team, that's absolutely fine by me. :D
 
If Manchester want to overpay by £200,000 a week a player who hasn't got that many years left in him instead of using the money to strengthen their team, that's absolutely fine by me. :D

Agreed. Won't see me complaining.
 
I'm sure United fans still think they're getting Ronaldo and Fabregas and every other unrealistic signing they think they can get.
 
I'm sure United fans still think they're getting Ronaldo and Fabregas and every other unrealistic signing they think they can get.
Reus also springs to mind :sly:
 
Looks like Giroud cheated on his wife, well atleast we know he can score. (apologizes if you are reading Misses Giroud)
 
So Wenger has massively rotated the squad for this game. Jenkinson and Monreal as full backs, Sanogo up front, Arteta AND Flamin at DM. At least Podolski and Chamberlain are starting.

I'm feeling mixed about this. While Flamini has done an OK job for us, Monreal can be a liability as can Jenkinson. Sanogo has only played 20 ins this season for us so I'm not too confident of how he's going to do.

Let's just hope when I finish work I have something to smile about 👍.
 
So Wenger has massively rotated the squad for this game. Jenkinson and Monreal as full backs, Sanogo up front, Arteta AND Flamin at DM. At least Podolski and Chamberlain are starting.

I'm feeling mixed about this. While Flamini has done an OK job for us, Monreal can be a liability as can Jenkinson. Sanogo has only played 20 ins this season for us so I'm not too confident of how he's going to do.

Let's just hope when I finish work I have something to smile about 👍.

I'll wait till the final result, but dissapointed with the lineup, if we lose it's on his head.

Still optimistic to an extent.
 
Sixth Round draw...

Arsenal/Liverpool v Everton
Brighton/Hull v Sunderland
Sheff Utd/Nottm Forest v Sheff Wed/Charlton
Man City v Wigan

Arsenal 1-0 up...the Ox with the goal..
 
Last edited:
Let's hope Wigan can do it two years in a row.
 
I would laugh my head off if Wigan knock out City! :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back