2013 Fantasy Formula 1: Season Finished

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,075 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,3,5. Not bad, I'll end up 2nd with Magpie1997 being the champion(Had the same selections). I'd imagine jcm is rather angry at Grosjean(and Renault) at the moment.

...Quite.

Oh well, it's certainly been a fun year. The fantasy F1 has made the Vettel domination half of the year a lot more interesting, and I'll definately be back to win next year :)

Huge thanks to Justin for organising all of this, and congragulations to Magpie1997 on winning the championship! 👍 :cheers:

1, 3 and a blown engine :banghead:; hopefully I have enough to stay in the top ten:confused::nervous:

Thank goodness for 8 bonus points.

Great season again :cheers:

Thanks Justin for all your work :bowdown:

Good luck Mark Webber at Porsche racing 👍

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
It was going so well for me, until Webber retired in Korea. Now I think I have a decent finishing position (top 5 at least), but I don't think I won any awards. :(

My picks finished 2nd, 3rd and 8th. It was a bad move to go against Vettel, but with other people picking Grosjean I might yet gain some places. I'm anxious to see the results.

On another note, do we still get points if we have leftover CPs?

Congrats to Magpie1997, Justin and jcm.

Thanks so much for admining this series Justin, it has been fun fighting right to the end.

2,3,8 will keep me in the top 10 I hope. ....and yes I was prepared to go for it, by leaving Vettel out. (rain that never came:rolleyes:) Oh well.

1-3-5 after USA thought it was all over went for something slightly different and it paid off with the Grosjean DNF

Unlucky jcm it was all yours untill the very end

Thanks Justin for running this great series :cheers:

Congrats magpie1997, and to Justin and jcm as well.

Switched Grosjean for Rosberg before the race, so that worked out okay. 1-3-8, we'll see if that gains me a couple places if people chose Grosjean.

Thanks so much for running this Justin, it's been a lot of fun. I went from mid 30s around the halfway point to fighting for a top 10 spot, so I'm pretty happy.

I may have chosen Grosjean, but did before practice one so I get 8 bonus points which is the same as finishing 6th; I hope it is enough to stay in the Top 10 (fingers crossed) :)

Joining this kind of made up for the caption competition going away, but it looks good for next year.

bwwk.png

ed4d.png

Legend:
CP = Consecutive Pick Used
R = Driver failed to finish
PX = 10 point penalty for selection

Most Points: @mattythedog (138)
1-2-3 Selections (Career Total): @mattythedog (4)
Fewest Points: KBRacing2488 (41)
Biggest Gain: @NissanSkylineN1 (+6)
Biggest Loss: Racingworld68 (-5)

Notes:
  • I will be making a post with all the trophy recipients in the next day or two.

Congrats to you Justin on having every winner for the season.

Ahhh.....the points say Mattythedog got 140...not that it changes the overall.

Dammit, I'd be 5th if I made my choice before P2.

Nonetheless, I'm pleased with 6th.

More than happy to have finished 7th.

Big congratulations to @magpie1997 and another thank you to @Justin for his hard work. Looking forward to next year already. :cheers:

Congrats to @magpie1997 on the championship victory, and @Justin for another year of hard work.

Considering how many DNF's I had towards the end of the year, I'm perfectly content with a three-way tie for 20th place. If I'd have kept my earliest picks, though, I would've had a 1-2-4 with eight bonus points and an extra CP, which would've put me into 18th. Oh well, lessons learned.

A couple of stats of my own.....
Magpie1997 came from 97 points down in round 11 to take the win.....never say die!!!
I didn't use all the possible bonuses and gave away 40 points, would've finished in 2nd 12points down.

Congrats to you Justin on having every winner for the season.

Ahhh.....the points say Mattythedog got 140...not that it changes the overall.

I think he received 138 for the round and the table shows 140 including the 2 points for spare CP's

Dropped 3 positions to 12th. The Grosjean Gamble did not pay off :)

How many bonus points do I get today for picking Vettel, Alonso and Button for the Aussie 2014 GP :sly:

Congrats Magpie :cheers: and many thanks Justin :bowdown: 👍

2013 Season Review

Juan Manuel Fangio Trophy
Guess we'll start off with the one everyone knows already, the points champion. He may have been outside the top-10 and 97 points back after round 11 at Belgium, but he fought his way to the top and got there at the right time as @magpie1997 takes the 2013 title.
Standings:
1. Magpie1997 (2,339 Points)
2. Justin (2,322 Points)
3. jcm (2,318 Points)
4. Jimlaad43 (2,307 Points)
5. zed300 (2,287 Points)

Alberto Ascari Trophy
Helped by Vettel's insane winning streak I was able to go 19/19 in the wins column.
Standings:
1. Justin (19/19 Wins)
2. jcm (18/19 Wins)
3. Vetteman24 (18/19 Wins)
4. FCB-Rizla-TML (16/19 Wins)
5. DK (15/19 Wins)

Schumacher Trophy
For a while this one looked like it was going to be an insane tie as 8 people had 2 weeks with the most points going into round 18. However @DK was able to score a 1-2-3 at the U.S. Grand Prix and elevate himself to the top step for the Schumacher Trophy.
1. DK (3 Weeks (4,14,18))
2. Magpie1997 (2 Weeks (10,18))
3. jcm (2 Weeks (1,12))
4. zed300 (2 Weeks (14,15))
5. priesty_lfc (2 Weeks (2,6))

Most Selected Driver
There is nothing overly shocking in Vettel's being the most selected driver, although it is impressive the he broke his own record set in 2011 by scoring 21.64% of the selections compared to 2011 when he had 20.72% of selections.
Driver Selections.PNG

Most Selected Constructor
Much like the driver selections, it's no shocker that Red Bull takes the crown, although it was surprising to see Lotus above Ferrari.
Constructor Selections.PNG

I would like to say thank you to everyone that helped make this the biggest year yet, hopefully it can grow even more in 2014. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back