2013 Fantasy Formula 1: Season Finished

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,075 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had some champagne at hand, but I don't feel like drinking some of my beer in the middle of the week. :lol:

Congratulations to Magpie, Justin, and DK. This has been the best fantasy racing deal I've participated in, cheers to Justin for running it.

However I'm curious. Who would have won rookie of the year?

Congratulations to the top finishers. Thanks very much for organising all this.

Quite surprised to finish where I did considering I came in after half way. Will definitley take part in the 2014 season.

Finished 8th overall,

Happy with that as I missed a round which then threw my picks out!

Roll on 2014! :cheers:

Last edited:
I've started a list of things I'm thinking of doing for 2014 and figured I'd post them to get some feedback. I'll separate them based on how likely they are to make it into the final draft.

More Than Likely:
Double Consecutive Picks for triple crown races.
Scoring a 1-2-3 will award a CP even if you don't score the most points.
Consecutive Picks will no longer award points at the end of the year, but a certain number will be transferable to the 2015 season.
Podiums will be counted instead of Top-5's, this will change the tie-breaking order to Wins>Podiums>Top 10's.
This will be what everyone is fighting for.

On the fence:
A bracket similar to the one in the NASCAR competition, this would run alongside the traditional championship.
Picking the winner of the previous round will cost 2 consecutive picks instead of one.
Retirements awarding last place points (22 currently)
A new competition revolving around Qualifying.

Let me know what you think as well as any ideas you have.:cheers:

How about: You get some points for picking pole position, only if you have made a final decision before FP2.

How about: You get some points for picking pole position, only if you have made a final decision before FP2.

I thought about that, but I'd rather just keep points to the race itself and bonus points like it is currently.

2014 technical rule reg's

I'll see you guys for the start of next year when I actually have a fighting chance to start from the beginning! :cheers:

So anyone doing this in 2014?
If not will you start 1? Or even I can come up with a scheme that might be acceptable to all. I'm checking for F1 fantasy online but not much if any at all. F1 fantasy is hard due to the fact the same guys come in the same place most of the races. Now NASCAR is a serious fantasy league since their winners are like a deck of cards!

If not will you start 1? Or even I can come up with a scheme that might be acceptable to all. I'm checking for F1 fantasy online but not much if any at all. F1 fantasy is hard due to the fact the same guys come in the same place most of the races. Now NASCAR is a serious fantasy league since their winners are like a deck of cards!

I don't have time to myself unfortunately.

Hamilton, Rosberg, Button, only change I can see is if Magnussen is really fast or if the Ferarri is good.

Still figuring it out but I don't think i'm picking any renaults,.

Espn F1 app has a great break down on the Teams overall.,seems the 2 top teams are Williams & Mercedez with Ferrari not to far off. I would pick the fastest 2, but I can't believe that Willams will take podium 1st time out, I need to see it 1st. I'm going to pick Hamilton, Rosberg, Alonzo, since Kimi did not do as well as Alonzo, and the other 2 guys running faster than Ferrari is Massa in the Williams.

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Alonzo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back