ed4d.png

Legend:
CP = Consecutive Pick Used
R = Driver failed to finish
PX = 10 point penalty for selection
Red # = Mathematically Eliminated

Basic Rules:
  • You must be a current member of :gtplanet:
  • The pick form must be used for selecting drivers.
    You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit selections.
  • Points will be awarded based on where the selected drivers finish.
  • Selections must be made before the green flag.
  • You may change your selections as much as you want up to the green flag.
  • If more than 3 drivers are selected the 3 lowest finishing drivers will be used.
  • If you join after the first round you will receive the lowest amount of points from each round you missed.
  • If you fail to submit any selections and there is a driver change the driver who takes over the car will be selected.
  • Ties will be settled by wins, top 5's than top 10's.
Points Table

Bonus Points:
  • Bonus points will be awarded for making final selections prior to qualifying.
  • Before Practice Session 2 – 8 Points
  • Before Practice Session 3 – 4 Points
  • Before Qualifying – 2 Points
  • In the event a session is postponed the original scheduled time will still be used to determine bonus points.
Consecutive Picks:
  • You may use a consecutive pick to select a driver in subsequent races without penalty.
  • The top-10 in points from the previous season will begin the season with consecutive picks based on their previous years finishing position.
    • Champion: 5
    • 2-5: 3
    • 6-10: 2
    • 11-15: 1
  • Any remaining participants will start with 0.
  • At the end of the season 1 point will be awarded for each consecutive pick remaining(Maximum of 10 points).
  • 1 consecutive pick will be awarded if a winner is selected.
  • The person who scores the most points in a round will also be awarded 1 consecutive pick.
  • If a driver is selected in subsequent rounds and you are out of consecutive picks a 10 point penalty will be applied.
  • You will not receive a Consecutive Pick if a selected driver wins but has a penalty.
  • In the event you don't submit any picks for a round, your selections from the previous round will be used.
  • If a selected driver fails to finish they will be available for selection the next round without penalty.
Triple Crown:
  • In order to win the Triple Crown a participant must score the most points in all 3 qualifying races in one season.
  • The three qualifying races are.
    • May 26th - Monaco Grand Prix
    • June 9th - Canadian Grand Prix
    • August 25th - Belgian Grand Prix
  • If a participant completes the Triple Crown they will be awarded a lifetime :gtplanet: Premium membership and a copy of GTPedia.
  • In the event multiple participants complete the Triple Crown the highest placing finisher in points at the end of the season will receive the prize.
  • Triple Crown Standings
Prize:
  • The points champion will be awarded a lifetime of :gtplanet: Premium membership or a physical copy of GTPedia.
Awards:

Juan Manuel Fangio Trophy
Awarded to the season points champion.
Previous Winners:
- Furinkazen
2011 - Stiggy
2010 - ROAD_DOGG33J

Alberto Ascari Trophy
Awarded to the participant that selected the most winners in a season.
Previous Winners:
- ROAD_DOGG33J (18)
2011 - That90sGuy, Touring Mars (13)
2010 - Ian Poole (12)

Schumacher Trophy
Awarded to the participant who had the most rounds with the most points in a season.
2013 Standings
Previous Winners:
- Akmuq, Beeblebrox237, ROAD_DOGG33J, Tom. (5)
2011 - Justin (4)
2010 - Peterram430 (5)

Graham Hill Trophy
Awarded to the participant that succesfully completes the Triple Crown.
Previous Winners:
- Furinkazen

Most Selected Driver
2012 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2011 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2010 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)

Most Selected Constructor
2012 - McLaren-Mercedes
2011 - Red Bull-Renault
2010 - Red Bull-Renault

Ayrton Senna Trophy
TBA

Stats

Attachments

• R17.1.PNG
    R17.1.PNG
    65.2 KB · Views: 12
  • R17.2.PNG
    R17.2.PNG
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'm starting from the beginning this time, and aim not to miss any gameweeks. I'm convinced I could have broken into the top 3 if I had played every week last year. I've set my preliminary picks, subject to change later.

I'm not too happy about how previous entrants get starting consecutive picks though (Even though I do qualify for one myself). It seems a little unfair to me, every new season should be a clean slate in my opinion.

I do like the bonus points idea. It gives people an incentive to make their selections before qualifying. Hopefully it will result in a wider variety of selections.

I would love to try this. As long as OP doesn't penalize me this time :dopey:.

Great! I feel like I may have a shot if I can be consistent through the season more, it wasn't till Spain last year that I found some solid points each week, and also managing to get highest scorer for Valencia because I didn't make pics and it was a crazy race.:lol:

Also, I remember you had the All-time full podium picks, any chance they can be brought to this thread Justin?:)

I'm not too happy about how previous entrants get starting consecutive picks though (Even though I do qualify for one myself). It seems a little unfair to me, every new season should be a clean slate in my opinion.

I did that to give people that are out of contention for the championship something keep playing for.

I would love to try this. As long as OP doesn't penalize me this time :dopey:.

You are on double secret probation, don't tell anyone.:P

Also, I remember you had the All-time full podium picks, any chance they can be brought to this thread Justin?:)

I'll have a Google spreadsheet with that info in the next day or two.👍

I did that to give people that are out of contention for the championship something keep playing for.

That makes sense 👍 But does that apply to to the results from last season, or will it only apply to next season?

I'm in, it's gonna be tough to pick for the first few rounds until the teams get a grip on the new tires.

Picking now as I probably won't be around internet that weekend, attending the Grand Prix and whatnot.

Alonso, Button and a bit of a wildcard pick in Hulkenberg.

Well I'm back in for this. Just a tip for you Justin, 'Tom' and 'Tom.' are the same person with the more recent name of 'Tom.' so he should be on 2 in the 1-2-3 standings (There may be others just that's one I noticed). Always thought I had a 1-2-3 before (Last season) but guess not.

Anyway on to picks. Going by last year McLaren were good here picking up pole and win here so I'll go Perez, Button and Raikonnen due to his ability to finish (No pun intended) races.

EDIT: Also will there be bonus' for picking before P1, 2, 3 and Qualifying or not. I think I remember somebody saying this last year and it seemed a good idea then

Also found what I thought was my 1, 2 ,3. Turns out it isn't due to a 10 place penalty. Anyway 20/20 1, 2, 3's his year :D

Last edited:
I'll have a Google spreadsheet with that info in the next day or two.👍

Spreadsheet is live.

That makes sense 👍 But does that apply to to the results from last season, or will it only apply to next season?

It's retro-active and will show on the first update.

Well I'm back in for this. Just a tip for you Justin, 'Tom' and 'Tom.' are the same person with the more recent name of 'Tom.'

Guessing you meant TomMcD and Tom..:P

Updated, should show in about 5 minutes.👍

EDIT: Also will there be bonus' for picking before P1, 2, 3 and Qualifying or not. I think I remember somebody saying this last year and it seemed a good idea then

I thought about it but don't want too many bonus points.

Last edited:
My picks are Button, Perez and Vettel. I think it's a risk going for both Mclaren drivers considering that they may have difficulty finding a good setup, due to their front pull-rod configuration (Particularly Button). However, they had the fastest car last year and they have looked good in testing. It helps that Button and Perez have both performed well in Melbourne in the past. Vettel is an obvious choice, Red Bull were so obviously sandbagging in testing, their car is probably the most refined car on the grid.

We get practice 1 to assess the cars/drivers and make selections without losing those 8 bonus points (Props to Justin for those, I bet processing all of these bonus points adds quite a bit of work). It should be a reliable enough indicator of where everybody is.

You know I'm in!

It should be fairly obvious who my first choice is. :lol:

Going for an early submission.....picks are in.

Good luck for the season all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back