2013 Fantasy NASCAR: Season Over

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,309 comments
2nd
9th
10th

No CPs left

But I think its enough. Stormtrooper was the strongest all season, but I believe he had a DNF that set him back in the chase. I avoided.DNFs in the chase which helped.

Many thanks to Justin for running the league. Thats something I couldnt do and I admire his dedication.

2nd
9th
10th

No CPs left

But I think its enough. Stormtrooper was the strongest all season, but I believe he had a DNF that set him back in the chase. I avoided.DNFs in the chase which helped.

Many thanks to Justin for running the league. Thats something I couldnt do and I admire his dedication.
Great battle for the championship, man. 👍

If there are enough interested players, I will gladly organize and score the 2014 fantasy NASCAR season. I've already started familiarizing myself with Google Forms this morning at work, to make sure I could do it.

If there are enough interested players, I will gladly organize and score the 2014 fantasy NASCAR season. I've already started familiarizing myself with Google Forms this morning at work, to make sure I could do it.
I'd be in.

Let me know if you need any help with it.👍

Let me know if you need any help with it.👍
It seems pretty straight forward, for the most part. Create a form, export responses to a linked spreadsheet. I even found the option to require exactly three selections before submitting a valid response. I tested with a few submissions, and everything looks OK so far. As long as people want to do it, it's going to be good to go for 2014. I'm guessing you just duplicated forms from week-to-week, changing the drivers in the S&P cars as needed?

I'll probably also add an SES, with a lot more triple-header weekends. I loved the idea of picking one from each series when Trucks/NW/Cup were all at the same track. I might institute a no-Cup drivers rule for the lower two series though. I definitely want to do a Memorial Day weekend event with one pick each for Monaco GP, Indy 500, Coke 600.

Traditional Standings:
ny12.png

Legend:
CP = Consecutive Pick used for selection
R = Driver failed to finish
PX = 10 point penalty for selection

Bracket:
n1bc.png

SES:
1ya4.png

I tried in the SES :lol:, managed to get 2nd without even doing Round 1, I guess I learned my lession for next year

I tried in the SES :lol:, managed to get 2nd without even doing Round 1, I guess I learned my lession for next year
I was leading the SES Series before completely forgetting to pick Martinsville weekend. Yes, the 2nd to last race of the SES Series. :grumpy: Needless to say, I lost a ton of ground by getting 0 points, so I didn't even bother picking for the final weekend. Dang you, Justin, and your busy life. Not being able to send out a reminder. :P

On that note, thanks for running the league, though. 👍

I was leading the SES Series before completely forgetting to pick Martinsville weekend. Yes, the 2nd to last race of the SES Series. :grumpy: Needless to say, I lost a ton of ground by getting 0 points, so I didn't even bother picking for the final weekend. Dang you, Justin, and your busy life. Not being able to send out a reminder. :P

On that note, thanks for running the league, though. 👍
'
For comparison, had I picked Daytona, I had planned to pick Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart & Dale Jr., which would have gotten me 133 points

I've just noticed that this was only my 2nd year doing this and already I finished in the runner-up spot. I hope to get back out there and win the championship next season. 👍

Thanks for hosting this, Justin. 👍

Back