2013 Fantasy NASCAR: Season Over

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 1,309 comments
4th, 6th, 13th. If only Kyle hadn't decided to speed down pit road on his last stop...
Anyway, it looks like everyone still killed me this week anyway. Amazing.

1st, 3rd, 14th. Should have gone with Kyle Busch instead of Jeff Gordon as I had originally planned.

1st, 7th, 14th. Thought about going with Johnson instead of Gordon, but didn't. Doesn't matter, as the above posters have stated, I'm out of it as well anyways. :lol:

Traditional Standings:
rcuw.png

Legend:
CP = Consecutive Pick used for selection
R = Driver failed to finish
PX = 10 point penalty for selection

Bracket:
1h34.png

The bracket I feel I have won. But the traditional championship looks like it will come down to the wire, and I'm on the outside looking in! :scared:

The bracket I feel I have won. But the traditional championship looks like it will come down to the wire, and I'm on the outside looking in! :scared:
Assuming that leftover CPs still count for five points each, you are actually leading the standings.

I guess I should read the rules next time. Didnt know CPs equaled points, so I was intent on using them all up by the end of the season. And I didnt know about the chase. If I did I would have never used any CPs throughout the season.
Kenseth had to lay an egg at the worst possible time. You would think hes a sure top 15 finish.

The lead is more like 7 points, as he holds the wins tie breaker, if that is the tie breaker. The good news is Homestead is a more predictable race. Lots of grooves so the fast cars can make passes and get back to the front if they get caught back in traffic.

So I have some bad news(as far as the competition goes). I'm going to be starting a new job soon and unfortunately won't have time on a weekly basis to run the NASCAR competition in 2014. I would just like to thank everyone that participated over the last 4 years, it's been a rather fun experience.:cheers:

Poo, I forgot about the Truck race. :ouch:

Anyway, Sprint Cup picks.
#29 Kevin Harvick.
#56 Martin Truex Jr.
#78 Kurt Busch.

Last edited:
18/29/88.

I still need to make up quite a few points, and figured a lot of people would take 20/48.

I took the #2, #20, and #78 if I can remember. #99 was my original pick before I switched to Busch, but I definitely regret making that decision.

The race isn't over, but I doubt that Kurt will get back to the leaders.

My picks were 2, 20, 29, not that it matters since I'm out of it :lol:, my SES picks were Busch, Busch & Kenseth

Chances are, Earth is going to beat me in the traditional standings if things turn out how they look (although I have no clue who Earth chose). The bracket looks to be in my favor even with Carb's picks running really good and mine falling back.

30 laps to go: picks are running 3rd, 4th, 7th. I don't expect Kurt Busch to stay up front for long due to taking 2 tires and having a bad car all race long, and that fresher tires would benefit him more. He's definitely gambling on track position.

Final results:

#20 - 2nd
#2 - 6th
#78 - 21st.

Well, I clinched the bracket for sure. Glad I won that. Now I'll just have to hope for the best in regards to the traditional championship.

Last edited:
Back