Legend:
CP = Consecutive Pick used for selection
R = Driver failed to finish
PX = 10 point penalty for selection

Bracket:
n1bc.png

Basic Rules:[/CENTER]
  • You must be a current member of :gtplanet:
  • Three drivers will be selected for each round.
  • The pick form must be used for selecting drivers.
    You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit selections.
  • Selections must be in prior to the green flag.
  • Any selections made in the thread and not the form will be ignored.
  • You may discuss your selections in the thread.
  • If you join after the first round you will receive the lowest amount of points from each round you missed.
  • If you fail to submit any selections and there is a driver change the driver who takes over the car will be selected automatically.
  • Ties will be settled by wins, top 5's than top 10's.
Points Table

Consecutive Picks:
  • You may use a consecutive pick to select a driver in subsequent races without penalty.
  • The top-10 in points from the previous season will begin the season with Consecutive Picks based on where they finished.
    • Champion: 5
    • 2-5: 3
    • 6-10: 2
  • Any remaining participants will start with 0.
  • At the end of the season 1 point will be awarded for each consecutive pick remaining(Maximum of 15 points).
  • 1 consecutive pick will be awarded if a winner is selected.
  • The person who scores the most points in a round will also be awarded a consecutive pick.
  • In the event you don't submit any picks for a round, your selections from the previous round will be used.
  • If a driver is selected in subsequent rounds and you are out of consecutive picks a 10 point penalty will be applied.
  • You will not receive a Consecutive Pick if a selected driver wins but has a 10 point penalty.
  • Driver selections will reset after the All-Star race.
  • If a selected driver fails to finish they will be available for selection the next round without using a Consecutive Pick.
Sprint Unlimited at Daytona:
  • 3 drivers will be selected for the Shootout.
  • The Sprint Unlimited will not count towards the driver rule.
  • The Daytona Shootout will award only Consecutive Picks.
  • Only the top finishing selection will be awarded Consecutive Picks.
    • Win = 3 Consecutive Picks
    • Top 10 = 2 Consecutive Picks
    • Finish = 1 Consecutive Pick
All-Star Weekend:
  • Two drivers will be selected for the Showdown race, 1 Consecutive Pick will be awarded for each driver that advances to the All-Star Race(includes fan vote winner).
  • One pre-qualified driver will be selected for the All-Star race, 2 Consecutive Picks will be awarded if a selected driver wins.
Chase:
  • Following the September 7th race at Richmond any participant with at least 2,250 points will gain entry into the chase.
  • Each participant granted entry into the chase will be set to 4,000 points.
  • Two points will be awarded for each win.
  • The points leader going into the chase will receive 20 points entering the chase.
  • Each participant must pick at least 1 non-chase driver in the final 10 races.
  • At least 10 participants will gain entry into the Chase.
Final Bracket
  • Following the September 7th race at Richmond the top 16 contestants in points will gain a spot in the final bracket.
  • The top seeded participant will face the lowest seeded participant, the rest of the seeding will continue with this pattern.
  • The first two rounds will consist of two races.
  • The Semi-Finals and Finals will both consist of three races.
  • The person with the most points combined will advance to the next round.
  • Consecutive Pick bonus points will not count towards any bracket rounds.
  • Ties will be settled by wins, top 5's than top 10's.
Prize:
  • Both the winner of the bracket and classic championship will be awarded either a lifetime GTPlanet Premium membership or a paperback copy of GTPedia..
Previous Traditional Standing Winners:
  • 2013 -
  • 2012 - plate88
  • 2011 - MustangRyan
  • 2010 – Cale

Attachments

• RND36.PNG
    RND36.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 12
  • BRND8.PNG
    BRND8.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 11
  • RND36.2.PNG
    RND36.2.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
2013 NASCAR Special Event Series

Next Race:
Date: Nov. 15-17
Race: Ford Championship Weekend
Track: Homestead-Miami Speedway

Standings:
SES10.PNG

Special Event Series Rules:
  • The Special Event series is a separate championship and will have no effect on the Sprint Cup Championship.
  • Three drivers will be selected for each round except Speedweeks and the Finale weekend.
  • You may select any driver for each round.
  • Due to varying fields selections will not carry over in the event no selections are made.
  • There will be 12 rounds in the 2013 Special Event Series.
    1. Speedweeks @ Daytona (Feb. 22 – Feb 24)
    2. NNS @ Bristol (March 16)
    3. NCWTS @ Rockingham (April 14)
    4. NNS @ Darlington (May 10)
    5. NNS @ Road America (June 22)
    6. NNS @ Chicagoland (July 21)
    7. NCWTS @ Eldora (July 24)
    8. NNS @ Mid-Ohio (Aug. 17)
    9. NCWTS @ Mosport (Sept. 1)
    10. NCWTS @ Martinsville (Oct. 20)
    11. Finale @ Homestead-Miami (Nov. 15 – Nov. 17)
Speedweeks & Finale Week:
  • One driver will be selected for each series(Camping World Trucks, Nationwide & Sprint Cup).
  • Each driver will be awarded points according to where they finished in their respective race.
Prize:
  • The Overall winner will receive a year of GTPlanet premium membership.

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows, on the confirmation page after you submitted your selections there will be a link so you can see or edit your submission after you submit it.👍

8468829735_6922d7391a_o.png

There is also a link to see who has made picks and who they picked for the non-points rounds.:cheers:

Last edited:
There is also a link to see who has made picks and who they picked.:cheers:

I would remove the ability to see who picked who. Being able to see who they picked would ruin close points battles because the leader could pick the same drivers as the person behind him and guarantee a win.

Just my 2 cents.

I would remove the ability to see who picked who. Being able to see who they picked would ruin close points battles because the leader could pick the same drivers as the person behind him and guarantee a win.

Just my 2 cents.

I plan on doing it for the 2 non-points rounds, the normal races will just be the usual page saying how much a certain driver has been picked but not by who.👍

A reminder that round 1 is tomorrow(yay!).

My picks:
11- Denny Hamlin
24- Jeff Gordon
55- Mark Martin

Good luck, you'll need it.👍

Coming in as a rookie. I may not be the most knowledgeable NASCAR fan out here, but will go by the instincts when making picks. :)

can't believe this is already upon us once again. time flies by

just a quick question so that i am clear on this:
consecutive picks points will be applied at the end of the regular season, before the bracket rounds begin correct?

My pick isn't on there (Terry)
I changed my picks and everything just to include him too :( I had to go with other 3 best in the field.

but will go by the instincts when making picks. :)

We all are for the first couple rounds.:lol:👍

just a quick question so that i am clear on this:
consecutive picks points will be applied at the end of the regular season, before the bracket rounds begin correct?

They are applied after Homestead, they also have no effect on the bracket.

My pick isn't on there (Terry)
I changed my picks and everything just to include him too :( I had to go with other 3 best in the field.

Sorry, didn't think anyone would want to pick him so I didn't go back and change it.

If you would like to pick him just post your 3 drivers in this thread and I will cound him.:cheers:

smuffyatfcp
Fancy doing this. Is the 500 the first point race?

Yes, tonight's race is just to get a head start on consecutive picks.

Last edited:
1st Pick: Terry Labonte, 32 car.
2nd Pick: Aric Almirola, 43 car.
3rd Pick: Marcos Ambrose, 9 car.
There are my actual picks. :)

Here is the first update of the year. You'll probably notice some people on there that didn't submit any selections, these are people who finished in the top-10 last year, they will be removed if they don't make any selections in round 2.

rnd1.png

Next is the first points race, which is also the Daytona 500.

A few things I have to point out as well.

1) The drivers you selected are available for round 2 as round 1 was a non-points event.

2) I have taken away the ability to edit selections using the same form as Google doesn't update then timestamp when the form submission is edited. If you want to change selections you will have to fill out a new form.

3) Don't expect standings to always be up this fast, Tuesday will probably be the norm, especially when BTCC and F1 start.

Thanks to everyone who is already participating, glad to be back running this and hope it's a great season(both in the real and fantasy competitions).

I am pleased to announce in advance that my top pick to win the 500 will be Joe Nemechek.
If he magically somehow misses the race (And I really doubt that), Terry Labonte will be it again (And he's clinched to be in thanks to the PCP).

Just my luck, non scoring round and two of my picks came 1st & 2nd. :lol:
1) The drivers you selected are available for round 2 as round 1 was a non-points event.

Ah, cool. I was just about to ask about that. 👍

I am pleased to announce in advance that my top pick to win the 500 will be Joe Nemechek.
If he magically somehow misses the race (And I really doubt that), Terry Labonte will be it again (And he's clinched to be in thanks to the PCP).

And with your luck, he will S&P again.

And with your luck, he will S&P again.
Actually no, nobody has ever parked in the 500 (With a quarter million just for starting, there is no reason to because you are making good money regardless).
Labonte was a bit more understandable (Small team with no chance of winning in the first place with at the very most two Gen 6 cars).

I'm going out on a limb with 2 of my 500 picks:

1. #10 Danica Patrick
2. #20 Matt Kenseth
3. #33 Austin Dillon

Back