2013 Ford Shelby GT500 900+hp drift tune

• Thread starter Siren
  • 30 comments
I just raised mine to 1,000hp :embarrassed:
mother_of_god_by_rober_raik-d4cw2di.png

@Stavingo Not completely, I used to have one at 900 but I lowered it to 800 to catch a bit of grip lol it was a DT car for me. I just add mass amounts of weight for drifting 900+hp on CH haha

For me if I have that much HP I still slightly tune the car but I worry more so about having a god foot in order to keep the car going :P

Yeah, my 1000 is just a number because it sits at 1925kg, shes a heavy one :P It was built as a tandem car. What can I say? High HP is fun sometimes :)

So I tuned my car as best as I could but its just undrivable. Its understeers like a mother****er. I even put it at lowered the power and it still understeers. I need a proper tune guys :(

So I tuned my car as best as I could but its just undrivable. Its understeers like a mother****er. I even put it at lowered the power and it still understeers. I need a proper tune guys :(
If you want to try my tune, i can send it to you via PM when I get on GT6 tomorrow, I dont know if it will work well for you because i tune for the way i drive, but you can give it a shot anyway lol

One last thing I'd like to add is that i recommend checking out the GTPlanet Drift Tuning Guide Thread posted by @JDM SRE70 for an indepth explanation on Tuning. Lots of good stuff in there. :P

Last edited:
There Is quite a Grip difference between the Viper and the GT500. I added weight for the sake of grip and making it easier to tandem with my friends rather than running them over in a 1000hp Shelby. It was my intent when building it to tandem cars with around half its HP with considerable ease. You do your thing, I'll do mine ;)

If you want to try my tune, i can send it to you via PM when I get on GT6 tomorrow, I dont know if it will work well for you because i tune for the way i drive, but you can give it a shot anyway lol

One last thing I'd like to add is that i recommend checking out the GTPlanet Drift Tuning Guide Thread posted by @JDM SRE70 for an indepth explanation on Tuning. Lots of good stuff in there. :P

I would very much appreciate if you sent me the tune, and I'll give it a try. Is it great drifting with ?

Link to the tuning guide https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ning-guide-brought-to-you-by-teamjdmt.307049/
it will help give you an understanding of how tuning affects cars
hey I tried your tune and all I can say it MINDBLOWN!!. You left out a couple things in the tune post but It was nothing I couldn't figure out. My only little nit pick is that I'm not getting the same pp as you are but other than that the car is super stable, understeers a bit too much but its nothing a little tap on brakes or ebrake can't correct. Thank you so much

hey I tried your tune and all I can say it MINDBLOWN!!. You left out a couple things in the tune post but It was nothing I couldn't figure out. My only little nit pick is that I'm not getting the same pp as you are but other than that the car is super stable, understeers a bit too much but its nothing a little tap on brakes or ebrake can't correct. Thank you so much
Im glad to know it works for others, i figured it wouldnt be 100% right for everyone, a few little tweaks to fit your style and your sideways :P This was actually my first tune i have ever posted lol

Im glad to know it works for others, i figured it wouldnt be 100% right for everyone, a few little tweaks to fit your style and your sideways :P This was actually my first tune i have ever posted lol
Holy crap dude risky move posting your first tune lol but you did a fine job. Btw does it drift slow for you ?

Holy crap dude risky move posting your first tune lol but you did a fine job. Btw does it drift slow for you ?
Its really hard tune 1000hp to be fast on CH Tires, so it is kinda slow but it should be fast enough to tandem 500-550hp cars or other cars with similar HP/Torque. CH Tires only have a limited amount of grip and when your torque numbers are over 650, the speed you can get out of the car becomes lower and lower

Its really hard tune 1000hp to be fast on CH Tires, so it is kinda slow but it should be fast enough to tandem 500-550hp cars or other cars with similar HP/Torque. CH Tires only have a limited amount of grip and when your torque numbers are over 650, the speed you can get out of the car becomes lower and lower
I think i might change the tires to CS or maybe put softs in the back or hards in the front so I get a little grip from somewhere lol

Soft in the back and hard on the front is a terrible idea, unless you want to understeer like mad.
I agreee 100% here. @Siren its usually better if you dont mix tire compounds at the same time. If i was looking to go faster i'd put CM's on all four to catch some extra grip or even CS on both front and back if i really wanted to go fast. A little testing and tuning is all it takes to find a good balance 👍

Back