2013 Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 721 comments
I'm surprised Lotus still has nosecones left.

Oh, Romain... Kimi DIDN'T want a safety car.

So can the FIA strip Mercedes from the result they will obtain for breaking the rules on testing? I really hope not because I like seeing Nico up front. Even though they've kind of cheated their way to this result today.

I don't really get this whole thing, why are they protesting this race and why is this up in the air. Whether they broke rules or not it was an isolated thing, I don't see how they can take away the results for this race on it.

niky
Kimi's chances depend on how well Merc and Red Bull can manage their tires. If they HAVE to pit, it's his to lose. If they can stretch things, he might get near the podium. Might.

This safety car probably means Red Bull and Mercedes will be able to make it to the end. It looks like Kimi will have to fight for a podium if he wants one.

A47rvqmCQAEqRfT.jpg:large

Apparently Lotus wants to ensure they have spares left over for Kimi. They're retiring Grosjean midrace. :lol: Two noses too late.

Is that bird suicidal? That's the second time this weekend! :lol:

Oh crap. "Engine is too hot" Poor Kimi...

I don't really get this whole thing, why are they protesting this race and why is this up in the air. Whether they broke rules or not it was an isolated thing, I don't see how they can take away the results for this race on it.

You don't find it strange/unfair that Mercedes' tyre wear issues seem to be a thing of the past after the 1000km of testing they did with Pirelli?

Any Monaco residents should be grateful when that godly bird craps on their car. :lol:

You don't find it strange/unfair that Mercedes' tyre wear issues seem to be a thing of the past after the 1000km of testing they did with Pirelli?

Yeah absolutely but what I'm saying is if they have gained a tire advatange it's a global, ongoing advantage. I'm not going to say what the punishment should be if they're found to be in the wrong but it seems odd to take away this specific race.

What I mean is if they are hypothetically stripped of this race and then have a tyre advantage again at the next race are they going to be stripped again? and again? It's not like they can just forget anything they may have learned at the test.

Back