• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 507 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
With only a week for the F1 paddock to make the journey across Asia we will see what teams can catch their breath quickly and what are left panting. Can Ferrari keep themselves at the front, can Lewis show that Mercedes pace wasn't a one off like last year and can Redbull bring themselves back to winning form.

2013 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

640x392_18971_207301.jpg

Race Date: 21 Apr 2013
Circuit Name: Bahrain International Circuit
First Grand Prix: 2004
Number of Laps: 57
Circuit Length: 5.412 km
Race Distance: 308.238 km
Lap Record: 1:30.252 - M Schumacher (2004)
2012 Race Winner: Sebastian Vettel (Redbull Racing)
zsn952.jpg

Once again there is no vid of the pole lap so we will have to do with this.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Anyone joining me? My friends(along with 90% of the local crowd) leave after lap 1 to stare at each other and "flirt" out back and then come back after an hour and a half. On two occasions I was literally the only human in the stands besides the organizers. One of which the main grand stand.

Anyone joining me? My friends(along with 90% of the local crowd) leave after lap 1 to stare at each other and "flirt" out back and then come back after an hour and a half. On two occasions I was literally the only human in the stands besides the organizers. One of which the main grand stand.

What???? in what way is this related to the race????

Apparently Pirelli quietly changed the compound of his tyres for this week-end. It was supposed to be Soft and Hard tyres but they announced yesterday that it's gonna be Medium + hard compound.

Maybe a responce to all the critisizm in china ?

Alonso will win, but hopefully not too comfortably. A non-DRS world class pass on the final lap after a race with 15 lead changes and two seconds between first and fifth would be perfect.

Apparently Pirelli quietly changed the compound of his tyres for this week-end. It was supposed to be Soft and Hard tyres but they announced yesterday that it's gonna be Medium + hard compound.

I wouldn't exactly say it was quiet, it was reported in most major motorsport websites.

I wouldn't exactly say it was quiet, it was reported in most major motorsport websites.
What I ment is that they didnt communicate on why they did it. They just announced that they changed the tyre compound without further explanation.

BBC Sport
Bahrain Grand Prix: MPs want race cancelled because of unrest

A group of British MPs have called for the Bahrain Grand Prix to be cancelled amid unrest in the Gulf state.
A week of protests to coincide with this weekend's race began last Friday, organised by the opposition to the ruling royal family.
In a letter to F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Democracy in Bahrain said: "We request you cancel the Grand Prix.
"It is likely to attract as much negative publicity as last year."
The APPG has also written to broadcasters, teams, drivers and sponsors ahead of the Grand Prix.
The 2011 event was postponed and later cancelled after month-long pro-democracy protests were crushed and at least 35 people died.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22165997

Aren't those the same MPs that complained Bahrain's jailing these people? Make up your damn mind. Either let us put them behind bars make the country safe, or let em loose and stop bitching every time a tyre gets set on fire.

Same happened last year and the result will be the same as last year - everyone will ignore them as they have no say in how Formula 1 operates beyond allowing the sport to compete in the UK.

Just a bunch of crappy MPs trying to get some spotlight and appear as though they are "pressing the issue" to the public.

Its crap like this that makes me hope people remember to spoil their votes next election as our current selection of politicians don't have a clue.

(note: I'm not condoning what Bahrain has done/is doing, but I hate seeing politicians very obviously trying to appear relevant).

Gulf Air: We'll transport you somewhere else to complain about Bahrain!

Also, Pirelli Tire Wear Red Bull Teammates No-Drinking in Bahrain, Kimi and Loose Wheel comments.

Same happened last year and the result will be the same as last year - everyone will ignore them as they have no say in how Formula 1 operates beyond allowing the sport to compete in the UK.

Except that F1 as a business is UK registered I think.

They won't do anything though.

Guys please remember that this is a group of UK MP's who are from a group called the "All-Party Parliamentary Group for Democracy in Bahrain" (doesn't sound like they are bias at all does it.) Both of those two things make me pretty sure that no one will take them seriously and no action will be taken.

Its not like Bernie is going to be willing to cancel it for political reasons where as he only cancelled it before because it was genuinely dangerous.

Simple fact of the matter is these MPs have no power whatsoever. They can request what they like, nobody has to take notice.

Another weekend where we won't see Force India I assume. Unless they've got over last year, which doesn't appear to have happened.

^Presumably Force India won't stay in the same area as last time or will make different arrangements at least. They don't want to be skipping free practice again if they don't need to.

Force India said something along the lines of, "Lightning doesn't strike twice". I can't see them approaching this race in a manner any different to how they approach the other races.

^Presumably Force India won't stay in the same area as last time or will make different arrangements at least. They don't want to be skipping free practice again if they don't need to.

I would bring tents and camp in the paddock. I don't think you can get safer than that.

I never followed this closely enough to understand why this has ever been a problem.

Is this race actually going to happen? I'm pretty sure it's an awkward feeling around the circuit.

Is this race actually going to happen? I'm pretty sure it's an awkward feeling around the circuit.

It'll be the same as last year, people will bicker endlessly about whether or not it should happen. Than the race goes on incident free, even the race itself is uneventful.

Hm, I just wonder if it was actually better to have stuck with the original choice rather than changing it.

I did find that it was relatively exciting when Vettel gambled on the softs at the end.

Just wondering if the Medium and the Hards will be too close, performance wise to create a difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back