2013 Middle East General Discussion

I will, once i reach a proper keyboard man.
Wonder why vette drift didnt leave any comment yet. I hope everybody has recovered from all the actvities.

Can't wait to here ,Hope you had a blast .

Mabrouk 3aliko :cheers:

Hey guys!!...I had a Blast!... unfortunately I have come down with a REALLY bad cold after experiencing Zero degree (Celsius) temperatures. Extreme climate change :P.

I have come out faster and improved driver. and even though I dint make it till the end, this is just the start of an awesome journey.

We can't exactly talk about anything until May because that's when the reality show is being aired.

but all I can say is prepare now itself if you wanna visit Silverstone. the experience just can't be missed!

Haha Welcome to England and the lovely British weather!!

Sounds like another brilliant race camp, well done guys!

Will GTacademy air on MBC?

would be awesome getting such recognition from such a massive network

Louie_Schumii
Is there a place I can watch a replay/recording? Just had a look at the MBC website and there was no mention of GT Academy.

I'm pretty sure they will show a rerunof it today,get the channel and ccheck the EPG

Don't think I can get MBC all the way out here in New Zealand other than through online :lol:

All I could find is this link from the MBC Action facebook page that links you to old "Driven" episodes - http://ow.ly/kNdQi

If the GT Academy episodes don't turn up there I sure hope they get posted up on YouTube.

Well whatever you do don't watch driven :lol: God awful show.

I'm sure they will eventually get uploaded,Surprised how that compettition was dealt with ,eliminating contestents daily ,2 already got eliminated by day one.

Not only but also that first challenge was impossible,driving a 370z at a pouring Silverstone :odd:

i was hoping to see in the 1st episode the real reason why 2 of dubai finalists were not there in silverstone (1 egyptian , 1 lebanese), they replaced them with other contestants which is confusing for public

Harb84
i was hoping to see in the 1st episode the real reason why 2 of dubai finalists were not there in silverstone (1 egyptian , 1 lebanese), they replaced them with other contestants which is confusing for public

Yeah but it would probably be bad publicity seeing as Tarek was supposedly ineligible in the first place, which one are you harb btw?

Infact can everybody just say what your real names are so we I know how you look :P

Last edited:
dude, i didn't go to silverstone because i didn't register for the competition, my reason is found a couple of pages back. it is good if someone here knows about their story (tarek and haitham) to tell us what happened.
i really hope that gt academy takes place again here in the middle east with more arab countries are eligible to participate like jordan and egypt so we can give it a shot my friend ;)

dude, i didn't go to silverstone because i didn't register for the competition, my reason is found a couple of pages back. it is good if someone here knows about their story (tarek and haitham) to tell us what happened.
i really hope that gt academy takes place again here in the middle east with more arab countries are eligible to participate like jordan and egypt so we can give it a shot my friend ;)

Tarek got disqualified because of his racing background not because of his Nationality.

Wonder if the summer academies we will Get another GT academy middle east season but I doubt.

Just hope they lower the age limit.

I was there during the Dubai finals before Silverstone. Abdullah Al-Qoud is my cousin. I've had the pleasure of meeting all the contestants and Tarek was a real gentleman and champion. I was sad when I heard he was dismissed from the event. I am also waiting for someone to upload the episodes to YouTube as I'd rather watch them with some friends.

I was there during the Dubai finals before Silverstone. Abdullah Al-Qoud is my cousin. I've had the pleasure of meeting all the contestants and Tarek was a real gentleman and champion. I was sad when I heard he was dismissed from the event. I am also waiting for someone to upload the episodes to YouTube as I'd rather watch them with some friends.

Thanks for sharing,hope you'll make it there like your cousin.

Thanks for the link Saidur 👍

The episode has a real Middle Eastern flavour to it which is nice to see. Does MBC have a YouTube channel? Be nice to watch this with subtitles next time :lol:

Tough to find subtitles for it I'd guess,I'm surprised how fantastic it looks ,Slow motion goodness :drool: ,producers seem to know what they are doing.

Indeed,glad he gets to live his dream,would the guys who didn't win have a chance next year,also if somebody here did go to the camp and not win,try to hook up with sponsers to see if they can help you out,not the end of the road by anymeans .

Latest Posts

Back