2013 Middle East General Discussion

would the guys who didn't win have a chance next year
No, you only get to go to Silverstone once...
if somebody here did go to the camp and not win,try to hook up with sponsers to see if they can help you out,not the end of the road by anymeans
Very true, the Academy finalists do have a very good chance to go down this road, last year's American and European finalists, well at least the fast ones, are all now sponsored and already racing in prestigious championships around the world :)

So, GT Academy 2013 is done, at least for Europe and the US...

For us Middle Easterns, we got a nice chance to test and experience the newly added Silverstone circuit with all its heritage and technical sections...

It's not out yet the time of our Middle East qualifiers, let alone if it's gonna be held again this year, but at least for now we can expect what to come, had some training on the actual test so I guess that will help and will heat up the competition even more, if any ;)

Since we don't have a direct way to compare our region's times, I tried to make it easier to EG Gran Turismo members, using Google Docs...

Goto www.facebook.com/EgGranTurismo for a link for a Google Doc Spreadsheet with the timings for the Middle East Region, use it for guidance and calculations :) set target times, and get to know how fast your competitors are...

Last edited:
There was a competition last week in the Bahrain City Centre being hosted by Ashraf. Won by a guy called Mohammed Jamal.

There were only two seats, one with an almost broken DFGT and another with a Ferrari Thrustmaster with broken pedals.

The organisation of the event was very disappointing considering the hype they made on facebook.

There was a competition last week in the Bahrain City Centre being hosted by Ashraf. Won by a guy called Mohammed Jamal.

There were only two seats, one with an almost broken DFGT and another with a Ferrari Thrustmaster with broken pedals.

The organisation of the event was very disappointing considering the hype they made on facebook.
So was the organization for GT academy. People were cheating left and right. One of the idiots in black actually recorded a red lap after the guy cut the last chicane and I asked him to take it down. I don't think we have a fairness culture to host these things to be honest.

Do you have a picture of the Mohammed Jamal guy? Is he the same guy from GT academy?

So was the organization for GT academy. People were cheating left and right. One of the idiots in black actually recorded a red lap after the guy cut the last chicane and I asked him to take it down. I don't think we have a fairness culture to host these things to be honest.

Do you have a picture of the Mohammed Jamal guy? Is he the same guy from GT academy?

I'm not sure if he was in GT Academy or not but I do know for a fact that Sadeq who came 3rd in the competition was in GT Academy.

I came 4th with a time of 1:00:008. I got to know the 3 people above me and we've even got a whatsapp group with all of us in it.

And big news that the age limit is now 18, I sent them an angry email when I was disqualified for my age last year, glad they listened.

Can't wait for this.

Yeah ! That was my only issue. I've always wanted to take part, but couldn't due to the age restriction (which seems kinda pointless to be set a 21)

Im turning 18 soon :) Hopefully it'll start after I do.

Playstation ME posted on Instagram that we will hear more about GTacademy at comic con like Niko said.

edit: @Niko_9 any news?

Last edited:
I dont think they announced anything at Comic Con..
I wish I went to make sure though.. I even had free tickets :grumpy: (just no time)

Edit : I just asked a few friends who went, and they said no announcements were made there.

Last edited:
Back