2013 Middle East General Discussion

They said october is when the online comp will start
but at the same time wildcard comps will be all over GCC at the same time.

we dint get to see the car from outside man sorry....but it wasnt the academy GTR.

Skid recovery On :odd: .Wonder how many non arabs will qualify for this ,reckon a few will actually .

They said october is when the online comp will start
but at the same time wildcard comps will be all over GCC at the same time.

we dint get to see the car from outside man sorry....but it wasnt the academy GTR.

Vette_Drift did you notice any restrictions on the citizenship of the participants, I mean do you have really to be a citizen of one of the GCC countries or residents of other countries can still participate?
I am jordanian living in amman but I lived in saudi arabia for 18 years and have a saudi psn and i wonder if i am elligable:confused:

Vette_Drift did you notice any restrictions on the citizenship of the participants, I mean do you have really to be a citizen of one of the GCC countries or residents of other countries can still participate?
I am jordanian living in amman but I lived in saudi arabia for 18 years and have a saudi psn and i wonder if i am elligable:confused:

I think you won't have a problem there,besides places like the UAE are full of non arabs :lol:

thanks for the answer sems4arsenal, but the concern is that i have a saudi psn but i now live in Jordan , not in GCC or Lebanon, i wonder where i can find a GT academy official to help me out with this.

I'm an Indian living in UAE, so yeah...no probs :D
They actually ask which country your residing in and what nationality you are.

the funny thing is is that there was a GCC Tekken Tag competition held a week ago, and that was only for GCC Nationals, Not residents.

@Harb84: I guess you can only find out once the online competition starts. contact them.

Still no update on the online competition. :S

thanks for the answer sems4arsenal, but the concern is that i have a saudi psn but i now live in Jordan , not in GCC or Lebanon, i wonder where i can find a GT academy official to help me out with this.

Oh Yes I see the problem,at first glance I'd think you probably won't be eligible ,Try tweeting the GTAcademy twitter page they do reply sometimes.

I wonder if Jordan ,Egypt and other arab nations will be eligible next round,I'll compete in this year's online competition to see how I stack up against you guys but won't push too much.Hope the online comp is more organized than the games12 thing,Skid recovery kind of defeats the purpose.

Well thanks to NizmoDr3's Link and this one

Looks like the 8 Middle east Finalist will be competing with 8 South African Finalist AT Racecamp in UK. Only one driver will be chosen from the total group of 16.

and the Downloadable Gran Turismo Qualification Demo will be available from Oct 15 and end on Dec 15.

Good luck to all the Middle Eastern and South African guys out there! :D.

Wow, what a random mixture, but pretty cool...

Gonna be very interesting to watch. Can't wait to find out more.

Well thanks to NizmoDr3's Link and this one

Looks like the 8 Middle east Finalist will be competing with 8 South African Finalist AT Racecamp in UK. Only one driver will be chosen from the total group of 16.

and the Downloadable Gran Turismo Qualification Demo will be available from Oct 15 and end on Dec 15.

Good luck to all the Middle Eastern and South African guys out there! :D.

So, no regional contests like the one at games12?

Interesting that us South Africans have to compete with Middle Eastern finalists for the seat! Still ...great to have it here in such a fairly insignificant corner of the world. I guess Nissan makes enough money around here to justify it what with all those commercial vehicles they sell.

On a personal note ...I live just 5 km away from Zwartkops ...the track where the SA competition will be thrashed out. I can't wait! Thanks Nissan!

Are you kidding me? Only KSA, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE are allowed to compete in the online event? That is such BS. Now our only chance in Bahrain is to win the live event which will probably be in a crowded shopping mall full of idiots that don't even know what GT is.

Vette_Drift, could you please tell us a bit more about your experience in GAMES12 where as you mentioned you came 2nd, things like what they asked you to present a proof of your place of residency to make sure one is not tourist, how much did it cost to play and the time you were allowed to play in the pod, and if playing again is allowed? thanks in advance :)

Well they dint ask for any proof...You just had to register your name, Country you reside in and Country your from.
But they might ask you towards the end to show proof.
you get unlimited turns in the pods, but most of the time you have to wait for guys who take 15 mins to do 3laps of High Speed Ring :P.
But during the last hour and a half, it was just the top 8 guys who were using the pods.

Are you kidding me? Only KSA, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE are allowed to compete in the online event? That is such BS. Now our only chance in Bahrain is to win the live event which will probably be in a crowded shopping mall full of idiots that don't even know what GT is.

Can you have a Bahrain PSN account on the PS3? I know you can have a Saudi and a UAE one .

I am surprised that it is the same comp as the EU one we all played,Kind of boring to do it all over again.

Awesome...the online format is the same as the earlier 2012 GT Academy...which is a REALLY good thing.

managed to come 2nd in 3 of the 'Round - 2' Rankings :D......for now. We still have 2 weeks to Improve our times.

Vette_Drift
Awesome...the online format is the same as the earlier 2012 GT Academy...which is a REALLY good thing.

managed to come 2nd in 3 of the 'Round - 2' Rankings :D......for now. We still have 2 weeks to Improve our times.

Do the earlier rounds count for anything? Or are you just scouting the competition :P

Helllllppppppp!!!
How would a Lebanese be able to download the mini game and compete online without having a PSN Store ? would it be possible to create a Kuwaiti account and download the mini game and later lunch it from the Lebanese account? I'm totally confused!

Helllllppppppp!!!
How would a Lebanese be able to download the mini game and compete online without having a PSN Store ? would it be possible to create a Kuwaiti account and download the mini game and later lunch it from the Lebanese account? I'm totally confused!

probably yes, i have two accounts on my ps3, one is saudi for region 2 games i buy locally and one is canadian for region 1 games i get from america or canada, and in the last gt academy, i downloaded it from one of the accounts and it was working well in both of them.

HEEEEELP!!!!

I get nothing related to GT academy in the Playstation store. I tried with a UAE account and a UK account but I dont find anything.

I just arrived in Japan and will be here for only 3 weeks and wanted to participate.

Could it be detecting the IP address and not showing me the event?

Please someone help.

Hey GrandGTM can you try creating a UAE playstation store account and check if it's there.

BTW I emailed playstation UAE and they said they will get back to me but nothing yet. They actually forward the email to playstation EU so I will send an email to UK playstation also.

Thanks

Hey GrandGTM can you try creating a UAE playstation store account and check if it's there.

BTW I emailed playstation UAE and they said they will get back to me but nothing yet. They actually forward the email to playstation EU so I will send an email to UK playstation also.

Thanks

Thanks bro. My cousin has a Kuwaiti account and he managed to get the demo. The only difference between my account and his is that his was recently created about a week or so before the demo was available for download.

I really want to race under the Kuwait flag.

I just created my account on the 18th but there is nothing. My brother has an account that is really old but he still cant get anything.

You can download the demo from the UAE account and play with your Kuwaiti account.

There is a demo available in the US store also. It didn't work with me but maybe it does with you.

Give it a try

Back