2013 Middle East General Discussion

Hello guys! I just won the lebanese wild card live event and ill be representing my country in dubai!
See you there! :)

Hello guys! I just won the lebanese wild card live event and ill be representing my country in dubai!
See you there! :)

Way to represent GTP :sly: .Awesome new Shlagem ,always wondered will you have to pay for flight expenses or will Nissan/Sony Cover you?

Congratulation shelgam ..
I just hope we dont miss the live event in bahrain .. I dont know where is it going to be held

Way to represent GTP :sly: .Awesome new Shlagem ,always wondered will you have to pay for flight expenses or will Nissan/Sony Cover you?

This specific question was asked by one of the live event contenders and the answer was loud and clear, Nissan is responsible for the expenses all together.

Another something that i forgot to tell you about, since Lebanon had one contender to go to Dubai from the live event and no participation online , the organizers decided to promote the first two top times from the event towards Dubai, so i will be partnered with another fellow countrymen.

Now i still have a question here. I'm confused if the regional finals will be a knockout virtual event or a real driving evaluations, up until now i think the second possibility is standing out. Please if any of you guys are sure of the format please enlighten us.

Thanks all :)

it is not a definite answer, but according to the video on youtube which shows interview with the live event coordinator that took place in september in dubai, she mentioned that in the regional finals there is going to be a 'detailed selection process' for the 25 qualifiers, which could mean some tests other than just racing against each other in the pods.

for me i wonder where the live event is going to be held in qatar, if anybody knows, please let me know, danke viel mals :)

Shlagem
This specific question was asked by one of the live event contenders and the answer was loud and clear, Nissan is responsible for the expenses all together.

Another something that i forgot to tell you about, since Lebanon had one contender to go to Dubai from the live event and no participation online , the organizers decided to promote the first two top times from the event towards Dubai, so i will be partnered with another fellow countrymen.

Now i still have a question here. I'm confused if the regional finals will be a knockout virtual event or a real driving evaluations, up until now i think the second possibility is standing out. Please if any of you guys are sure of the format please enlighten us.

Thanks all :)

Well done tto Nissan then, hope you enjoy your time.

Lets add each other guys so we can compare lap times my id: GTP_SEMS

Last edited:
the 1st live event was kicked off in South Africa in Durban last week end. i achieved 2nd place missing out qualification by a whisker. nevertheless it was great fun :)

word of warning: no matter what lap times you can achieve at home, you guys need to adapt quickly to the less than perfect steering wheel/ pedals combo that are provided at the live event, in order to stand a chance.

ps: also the current physics system on gt5 is different to the physics of the gt academy live event time trial. with all the same settings of the live event version copied over to my version, the 370z back end steps out under sharp deceleration on my gt5 copy.
so what this means is that you can practice at home up to a certain point, although whoever adapts best to the live event simulators on the day will win.

Last edited:
the 1st live event was kicked off in South Africa in Durban last week end. i achieved 2nd place missing out qualification by a whisker. nevertheless it was great fun :)

word of warning: no matter what lap times you can achieve at home, you guys need to adapt quickly to the less than perfect steering wheel/ pedals combo that are provided at the live event, in order to stand a chance.

ps: also the current physics system on gt5 is different to the physics of the gt academy live event time trial. with all the same settings of the live event version copied over to my version, the 370z back end steps out under sharp deceleration on my gt5 copy.
so what this means is that you can practice at home up to a certain point, although whoever adapts best to the live event simulators on the day will win.

Exactly mate had a super taugh time to adapt to thr DFGT they install on pods shifting down can lead to a sudden 2 gears down by mistake! I have wasted a full lap effort because of this and now with 2.9 update out I dont think that gt5 can do you any good as far as practicing is concerned.

The live event for Kuwait is supposed to be tomorrow. But I have no clue where it will be held here or the exact time. Can anyone help with that?

Yo Sems, noticed you on the rankings...
...UAE Flag?!..:P
Nice time on 4-5 :D

Yeah :lol: only gave the last round a proper go i have no time at all nowadays .

Interesting that the top driver used the active steering might make you go faster.

and :lol: yeah my account is UAE but I'm not eligible anyway so yeah .Your times are impressive in almost every event thus far :drool:

Yeah I noticed the active steering ...
it will be faster, but you dont have active steering in real life ;)
I would like to avoid using it.

but if EVERYONE is using it and I'm last, then I'd rather join them :P

Vette_Drift

Yeah i don't use it either,oh and dammit Dan Holland Stop posting your alien lap times already :lol:

Vette_Drift

Active steering does help in making better lap times. I wonder what would DHolland's lap times be with A/S. In my experience I think A/S shaves around .2 seconds off your lap time. To get the most out of A/S, however, one needs to practice a little with that option on.

By the way, I finally got a T500 RS (bought from Dubai, thank you for the info), but I'm still struggling to get used to the different feel and the fixed shifters. The G25 I have feels much lighter and is much easier to use when you need to make quick corrections. The T500, though, is more refined, has better precision, and feels more realistic. The FFB is also excellent. I'm experimenting with FFB 3 and Power Steering on.

Good luck to all.

Active steering does help in making better lap times. I wonder what would DHolland's lap times be with A/S. In my experience I think A/S shaves around .2 seconds off your lap time. To get the most out of A/S, however, one needs to practice a little with that option on.

By the way, I finally got a T500 RS (bought from Dubai, thank you for the info), but I'm still struggling to get used to the different feel and the fixed shifters. The G25 I have feels much lighter and is much easier to use when you need to make quick corrections. The T500, though, is more refined, has better precision, and feels more realistic. The FFB is also excellent. I'm experimenting with FFB 3 and Power Steering on.

Good luck to all.

congrats in your purchase ,the T500 should indeed help you be faster but you'll need time to adabt .

Hope you enjoy it :cheers:

Lets add each other guys so we can compare lap times my id: GTP_SEMS

Nice Idea SEMS, will start working on this today :)

The guys are so fast though :) I mean Nismo, tka_tha, Arnie, are posting some really fast times :) hehe,

Still, a leaderboard which is somehow limited to the region would be nice :)

Vampeero
Nice Idea SEMS, will start working on this today :)

The guys are so fast though :) I mean Nismo, tka_tha, Arnie, are posting some really fast times :) hehe,

Still, a leaderboard which is somehow limited to the region would be nice :)

Yes i don't know why they are putting us in the same leaderboard as europeans,but i think the fastest arabs and S.Africans are here so we can compare with ourselves

guys, does anybody here know where the live event will take place in qatar? , i hope losailracer knows, because according to gran turismo.com , 15,16 and 17 of november are the days for the live event. thanks in advance.

guys, does anybody here know where the live event will take place in qatar? , i hope losailracer knows, because according to gran turismo.com , 15,16 and 17 of november are the days for the live event. thanks in advance.

Harb84, 51 East the local dealer for Sony said it will be on 29/11 at Nissan and 30/11 at Lagoona Mall (ZigZag towers). Please call them and confirm the details. Unfortunately I will be away on business trip during that time so I will have to depend on the Online event.

Niko_9 I would check with your local sony dealer as they the people organizing the event most probably.

what about live event in saudi arabia - jeddah does anyone know where it well take place? i didn't find any announcement

sems4arsenal
Yes i don't know why they are putting us in the same leaderboard as europeans,but i think the fastest arabs and S.Africans are here so we can compare with ourselves

It will separated by regions in round 8

Back