2013 Middle East General Discussion

I got a reply from playstation middle east
They told me I wont be able to participate in live event cause am 20 and minimum is 21 .. dunno why .. but even if I have a driving licence it will be impossible
Disappointed ...
Did they tell you when/where it'll be held?

Does it show global rankings for 8-5 in the game? If so what is current fastest time? Good luck to everyone who is competing 👍.

I called the number you gave me and they told me it will be in city center at 6 of December
They keep postponing it. I'm afraid they're going to cancel the whole thing in the end. ****ers. I'll be super busy those two weeks too.

They have posted on nissan.bahrain facebook page .. and when I tried to register I saw a big bold number (21) years at least ... frustrating lol
I have been waiting for this so long ..

Does it show global rankings for 8-5 in the game? If so what is current fastest time? Good luck to everyone who is competing 👍.

I downloaded the game and last time I saw it, GTP_DHolland had the fastest lap with a 1:30.8

Edit: Just checked to make sure I was right and I was. The current worldwide top 10:

1: GTP_DHolland 1:30.858
2: warrior2167 1:31.323
3: GTAS_PEETHAM 1:31.414
4: CrMax_Gas 1:31.459
5: doodlemonoply 1:31.467
6: IRT_tka_tka 1:31.531
7: GTAS_CADDY 1:31.562
8: GTAS_JTEC 1:31.609
9: boris-theblade44 1:31.684
10: K24BYE-WP 1:31.729

Last edited:
Thanks for the information doodlemonoply 👍. It will be interesting to see if Dan can beat Arnaud's time. Currently 0.176 off from matching it.

Thanks for the information doodlemonoply 👍. It will be interesting to see if Dan can beat Arnaud's time. Currently 0.176 off from matching it.

He's got a good chance, he has 11 more days to do it. It's a shame I got my time in this GTA and not the American one. I would've finished in 58th instead of 163rd place in the USA. :grumpy:

He's got a good chance, he has 11 more days to do it. It's a shame I got my time in this GTA and not the American one. I would've finished in 58th instead of 163rd place in the USA. :grumpy:
Will be hard for sure when you are striving so close to perfection.

Last TT experience must have helped you a bit, main thing is to keep on improving and be ready for when you allowed to compete in US GT Academy if there is another one. I would be more annoyed about not being able to beat previous time as it will show no progress but decline so that is something to be positive about.

Will they send prize cars? I cannot find any info about it. I'm using another account to play GT Academy, and get messages that i won car... But not sure if they will send it or not...

sorg
Will they send prize cars? I cannot find any info about it. I'm using another account to play GT Academy, and get messages that i won car... But not sure if they will send it or not...

Go on the gt homepage, then the big button for gt academy. Then look for the info- they're sending them out at around Dec 17 I think.

I think its random man. In Qatar they are running tuned 370z at Nurburgring GP/D.

Bahrain might have a different car/track
As long as it's not the GTR. I don't understand how that car handles.

Running it in South Africa - same car - same track
I think because it's because of the timing?

Anyway did you guys have to sign up through facebook? They're asking us to sign up now with the preferred time before they get "fully booked". WTF? I better get more than 3 laps.

The gtr handling is a bit weird but once you get to know it.. it becomes very good in corners. Although I prefer the 370z as its a rear wheel drive which am very good at

I don't know what's more embarrassing. The fact that I'm 4 seconds behind or the fact that I spun almost every time I got on the brakes, except for the 3rd lap(the one that counted). I've never played using a wheel/pedal but, WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Are those the pedals all of you guys use? They're ****ing garbage. Absolutely no feedback what.so.ever. I had to adjust with my own foot to brake only at 50% to avoid spinning. Those tiny ass shifters didn't help either it's very awkward to shift while you're turning.

Anyway considering it's my first time with pedals, I didn't do so bad. X1 challenge didn't take me an hour to finish (all 3 events) with the controller, and I'm a beast in the game in general but that ****ing brake pedal -.-

edit-

The lap that actually counted although 4 seconds behind I did leave the track often and short-shifted a lot so I figure I can do much better if I go again tomorrow.

Nismo and the other Bahraini guy, how'd you guys do?

I don't know what's more embarrassing. The fact that I'm 4 seconds behind or the fact that I spun almost every time I got on the brakes, except for the 3rd lap(the one that counted). I've never played using a wheel/pedal but, WTF???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Are those the pedals all of you guys use? They're ****ing garbage. Absolutely no feedback what.so.ever. I had to adjust with my own foot to brake only at 50% to avoid spinning. Those tiny ass shifters didn't help either it's very awkward to shift while you're turning.

Anyway considering it's my first time with pedals, I didn't do so bad. X1 challenge didn't take me an hour to finish (all 3 events) with the controller, and I'm a beast in the game in general but that ****ing brake pedal -.-

edit-

The lap that actually counted although 4 seconds behind I did leave the track often and short-shifted a lot so I figure I can do much better if I go again tomorrow.

Nismo and the other Bahraini guy, how'd you guys do?

Are you sure ABS was on?

Are you sure ABS was on?
I actually asked. They said it was on but there's no way for me to check. They said I'm not supposed to touch any button except "start". Not even changing the view. I ****ing hate the bumper view.

Do guys know if the knobs actually change anything like traction control? They did ask me not to touch it either. I think the top guy might be cheating because everyone before/after me were having even more trouble than I did. I was actually the fastest guy standing there but two others were apparently faster than me in the morning. Could they have messed with the settings through the wheel's controls? -.-

Also I have a question. I haven't played GT5 since like last May or April when the F1 seasonal challenge was on. I just logged in and there was a patch, but I skipped it and tried a few laps in the stock 370Z. I'm even slower than I was at the event(but I was at least in control). How much faster is the car we're using?

edit---

PEOPLE that did it in 370Z/'Ring GD/P. What were your times?

Last edited:
I actually asked. They said it was on but there's no way for me to check. They said I'm not supposed to touch any button except "start". Not even changing the view. I ****ing hate the bumper view.

Do guys know if the knobs actually change anything like traction control? They did ask me not to touch it either. I think the top guy might be cheating because everyone before/after me were having even more trouble than I did. I was actually the fastest guy standing there but two others were apparently faster than me in the morning. Could they have messed with the settings through the wheel's controls? -.-

Also I have a question. I haven't played GT5 since like last May or April when the F1 seasonal challenge was on. I just logged in and there was a patch, but I skipped it and tried a few laps in the stock 370Z. I'm even slower than I was at the event(but I was at least in control). How much faster is the car we're using?

edit---

PEOPLE that did it in 370Z/'Ring GD/P. What were your times?

ABS must surely be 0 ,or don't turn heavily while braking.Getting used to the wheel takes alot of time though .

ABS must surely be 0 ,or don't turn heavily while braking.Getting used to the wheel takes alot of time though .
I don't even turn. What kind of set do you use? The one at the event was the DFGT.

edit-
NVM Just read "G25" in your sig.

So, do the knobs make any adjustments mid-race? Is the 370Z GT academy edition faster than the stock SH/SH 370Z in the game?

BHRxRacer
I don't even turn. What kind of set do you use? The one at the event was the DFGT.

edit-
NVM Just read "G25" in your sig.

So, do the knobs make any adjustments mid-race? Is the 370Z GT academy edition faster than the stock SH/SH 370Z in the game?

The red button yes should be able tto bring up the menu mid race yes

CHEATERS

1) So turns out I was 6 seconds behind yesterday, not 4. Apparently the top guy was the first to come, and after he set the 1:34 his lap time, ghost replay and time entry in the table were cleared.

2) You guys were right, there was no ABS yesterday when I was around. I beat my previous time by 2 seconds on the first attempt this morning, because ABS was on 1. I had no problems braking at all. However, traction control was set to 5 and the guys were saying I can't change anything. As usual. I did a 1:38 and left because TCS was really bothering me I couldn't get any exit speed from the corners.

3) Came back half an hour later to discover traction control was supposed to be turned off so I did one single attempt with the proper settings and got a 1:37 even after completely ****ing up the first sector and the last corner.

The fact that every now and then the settings are changed, and the top time was no where to be found except the handwritten sheet is making me suspicious. I don't trust the times.

I know a faster time than mine can be set, even by me given a few more laps but the fact that settings differ is making me doubt they did their times with the correct ones because I literally stood there for like 2 hours today waiting for someone to beat my time and no one did.

edit-

How far off am I anyway? 370Z academy edition, sports soft, everything off and ABS at 1. Nurburgring GP/D.

Last edited:
I have managed to play but without recording my time because am 20 .. anyway, I had no problems with the settings. . The only problem was is the different racing wheel as I have g27.. and I got the best record which is 1:33:538 .. I hope there is a next time :)

Yeah I asked them to fix the settings before my last attempt and they did. It used to have TCS set to 5, and yesterday there was no ABS. Settings are fine now, I did mention it can done faster because I messed up the first sector and last corner but I only had 1 flying lap with the correct settings, and I've never used a wheel before :(

1:35

I'm ahead of the 1:33 guy's ghost until turn 5, then I twist my arms too hard to turn and I feel weird shifting. You guys are right, it does take time to get used to a wheel. Shaved off 2 seconds from my one attempt yesterday in 10 laps. Next year I guess...

Are you talking about the online event or the 370Z/nurburgring GP/D? The guys from south africa did 1:31.6 or something like that

Back