5th Dave Blaney
6th Michael McDonald
7th Josh Wise
8th David Stremme
9th David Ragan
10th Casey Mears
11th David Gilliland
12th Danica Patrick

-NASCAR announces at Richmond that the Chase would be set by the 12 worst drivers in the standing rather than the 12 best.
-Kevin Conway makes his greatly antcipated return with the 22 car as Joey Logano is found to have a meth lab in his home in a bust by the feds, continuing the bad luck of Penske's 2nd car.
-The championship is decided in the first 20 laps at Homestead when Travis Kvapil runs into Danica when she trys to wreck Landon Cassil again (With the same results), and Joe Nemechek parks a lap later, giving Kevin Conway the surprise championship.

Haha, Danica can't even be best of the worst. :sly:

Is Turner Motorsports going to participate in any Cup races in 2013? They ran the Coke Zero 400 this year with Bill Elliott, but I'm not sure if they ran any other races or not.

They do have potential to be a great Cup team.

The new Fusion looks fantastic with the Wood Bros livery on it :drool:

It'll look even better with a miller lite scheme on it ;)

Is Turner Motorsports going to participate in any Cup races in 2013? They ran the Coke Zero 400 this year with Bill Elliott, but I'm not sure if they ran any other races or not.

Well they still have ways to go on their Nationwide program.

Stormtrooper217

I don't think so but I'm sure slowly building their way to Cup. They only ran one Cup race with the 50 because of Walmart.

Because he is the most talented and has a NSCS championship. Unlike Hamlin and Busch.

Matt Kenseth:
Rookie Year: 2000
Races: 472
Wins: 24
Top 10's: 228 (48.3%)

Denny Hamlin:
Rookie Year: 2005
Races: 259
Wins: 22
Top 10's: 128 (49.42%)

Kyle Busch:
Rookie Year: 2004
Races: 293
Top 10's: 141 (48.12%)

Looks more like they are all about the same...

Matt Kenseth:
Rookie Year: 2000
Races: 472
Top 10's: 228 (48.3%)

Denny Hamlin:
Rookie Year: 2005
Races: 259
Wins: 22
Top 10's: 128 (49.42%)

Kyle Busch:
Rookie Year: 2004
Races: 293
Top 10's: 141 (48.12%)

Looks more like they are all about the same...

Yeah pretty much lol But the 20 car will always have the greatest legacy of the 3 cars.

Yeah pretty much lol But the 20 car will always have the greatest legacy of the 3 cars.

That would be the 18 since:
1) It was the first in the JGR stable.
2) It won the 500 in 1993
3) It won the Cup title 2000

You need more than 2 titles to top that.

ICEYOU

You really are lost aren't you?

I would beg to differ as 18 is flag ship car with always been a top car. 20 just had long run with Tony.

That would be the 18 since:
1) It was the first in the JGR stable.
2) It won the 500 in 1993
3) It won the Cup title 2000

You need more than 2 titles to top that.

Dammit! I forgot about Dale Jarrett. Ok well the #20 car has the second greatest legacy.

You really are lost aren't you?

I would beg to differ as 18 is flag ship car with always been a top car. 20 just had long run with Tony.

I agree with you, maybe Matt can return the car to championship winning form and take his place with guy's like Terry Labonte and Ned Jarrett.

Last edited:
I think your forgetting someone in that group.

Please tell me your not thinking Terry drove the 18?

Last edited:
I just don't think Matt will work out well with Gibbs. I just don't see him, Denny, and especially Kyle seeing eye-to-eye. Even if they do, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in team meetings.

Justin
Or Ned...

I'd give him that one just for fact its been a while since he has been in any car.

I do think Matt will like JGR better where he has a say so in things. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see it a business move more for Ross to try to get a ride.

As Obama would say changes for 2013 cars:
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- NASCAR unveiled a new look for the 2013 Sprint Cup Series car on Saturday, an integral and exciting step in the rollout process of the sixth generation race car.
"These changes are an extension of the unprecedented collaboration with the auto manufacturers on the 2013 car, great industry feedback and our focus on increasing fan affinity as part of NASCAR's Industry Action Plan," said Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR senior vice president of racing operations, who introduced the new design at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
The sixth generation car look will debut with the opening of the 2013 Speedweeks, highlighted by the 55th running of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 24 at Daytona International Speedway. Among the updates:
* The driver's last name featured on the windshield;
* Sponsor decals will not be permitted on the headlights and taillights, two key distinguishing characteristics of the auto manufacturers' brand;
* Car numbers will be moved from the lights to the front and rear bumpers;
* A single sponsor logo will be permitted on the roof under the number;
* Team sponsor decals will be permitted to extend past the front edge of the b-post;
* "Step and repeat" / background patterns will be permitted on the sides of the car;
* Due to the slightly smaller car, the car number will be reduced by 10% and the contingency decals will be reduced to 26 square inches.

Link:
http://www.nascar.com/news/121117/nascar-reveals-2013-sprint-cup-car/index.html

Just while we're on Turner Motorsports, is James Buescher remaining in the truck series for another year or is he going to step up to Nationwide full time next year?

I think your forgetting someone in that group.

Please tell me your not thinking Terry drove the 18?

I was referring to those two drivers because kenseth is on the verge of tying them on championships if he can get it done this year.

Just while we're on Turner Motorsports, is James Buescher remaining in the truck series for another year or is he going to step up to Nationwide full time next year?
No idea but the Jayski Nationwide Team Chart says Alligator isn't signed for next season (Although he's expected to be back) and the 30 is vacant.
The Truck chart simply says "2013 plans unknown" for the 30. Also, Jeb Burton just signed with them to run a full time Truck schedule with some Nationwide races. So my guess is another Truck season with him and Burton splitting time in the 30 on the Nationwide side.

Ganon83
No idea but the Jayski Nationwide Team Chart says Alligator isn't signed for next season (Although he's expected to be back) and the 30 is vacant.
The Truck chart simply says "2013 plans unknown" for the 30. Also, Jeb Burton just signed with them to run a full time Truck schedule with some Nationwide races. So my guess is another Truck season with him and Burton splitting time in the 30 on the Nationwide side.

Who splitting the 30? It wouldn't surprise me to see Justin out because he did do ok, he wasn't a stand out really for them. James might be taking his place in nationwide, which leaves spot for Jeb to slide in. Nelson probably is trying to get better deal as he is a strong guy for them last half of season. 38 won't change either but might see Sweet in more races.

Because he is the most talented and has a NSCS championship. Unlike Hamlin and Busch.

Has an NSCS championship? Yes
Most talented? Debatable
Most ludicrous thing you've posted? Sadly, no.

I have a strong feeling that brad will become the 5th driver in NASCAR history to win more than...3 championships. He's going to be a superstar in this sport.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that brad will become the 5th driver in NASCAR history to win more than...3 championships. He's going to be a superstar in this sport.

Proof? Other than your opinion. I would not be surprised if Brad won another title but saying he will win 3 more at this moment is a bit premature.

Back