2013 NASCAR Thread

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,986 comments
Gordon's new look for next year, Judging by the colors I'm assuming that his DTEH car is going to look somewhat similar to his Turtles car he ran at Charlotte. Somethings bugging me though, I don't see any Dupont Badges on his new firesuit.
GORDON2013.jpg

I can't wait for the Snowball Derby this year! Granted it isn't an official NASCAR event but there are plenty of drivers (Including Kyle Busch, David Ragan, Landon Cassill, and the last two Derby winners Johanna Long and Chase Elliott).
It's a shame SPEED is too lazy to air it on TV though :grumpy:

Jello18
I didn't think that he would be able to find another high quality ride.

RCR wants money coming in and he brings a check. Just like rumors of Danica running few races with RCR in nationwide.

I didn't think that he would be able to find another high quality ride.

Didn't think so either, but I just remembered he brings sponsorship in the form of Shore Lodge. Guess he's gonna be in Nationwide after all.

Wow. I guess most of you have probably heard about this already, but NASCAR is apparently lowering the minimum age on the slower tracks in the CWTS next season to 16. I wonder if we'll see any big-name teams take advantage of the change. Assuming my counting is correct, a 16- or 17-year-old could run 10 of the 22 races (including Dover :scared:). I could imagine a team entering an extra truck for those races, or maybe devising a ride-share between a teenager and a washed-up veteran.

Nice, though strange at the same time since the Trucks have historically always been far more easily identafiable then the Nationwide and Cup cars were. Its kinda welcome though.

I agree and don't see the need change. They all look different on the front to me and can easily tell difference considering grills are way different (not just a sticker). Trucks have changed the least and probably hardest to change overall based on design but I like them the best.

Eldora is going to be just a disaster if you ask me.

I smell alot of very aerodynamically skewed Trucks coming, just going off the Late model dirt cars that usually race there.

I see the trucks going in a "boxier" direction with a more vertical nose. It is about time for them to get a refresh.

I meant in relation to the Eldora race. Seems like dirt cars have far more skewed bodywork then the convention Asphalt cars.

RACECAR
I meant in relation to the Eldora race. Seems like dirt cars have far more skewed bodywork then the convention Asphalt cars.

I doubt anything gets changed for the race body wise considering ARCA races dirt with same car.

I doubt anything gets changed for the race body wise considering ARCA races dirt with same car.

Really? They never show the ARCA dirt races on Speed so I can't tell.

Back