2013 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 1,092 comments
United Kingdom
Warwick Uni
lbsf1 GTP_lbsf1
obsmu (my brothers acount)
Without a moment to to catch its breath F1 is over to Malaysia for the next round, will Lotus be able to keep on top and prove themselves as a genuine title challenger?? or will the might of the established teams fight back?? Also will Mclaren be able to find the pace that there seem so severely lacking??

Let the second round of the F1 season commence.

2013 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

ferrari_2176876b.jpg

2ze9vrt.png

Race Date: 24 Mar 2013
Circuit Name: Sepang International Circuit
First Grand Prix: 1999
Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.543 km
Race Distance: 310.408 km
Lap Record: 1:34.223 - JP Montoya (2004)
2012 Race Winner: Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)

(There isn't the pole position lap on Youtube.)

Enjoy

Last edited:
If Ferrari can bring the pace they look to have this year, I could end up being a very happy man.

This is what happens when you choose to always hold a race in Malaysia during monsoon season:

rfx4tX9.jpg

xGB37MT.jpg

What I can see so far after Australia:

-Vettel and Red Bull are still the quickest over a single lap, but the Red Bull's race pace and tyre conservation is relatively poor. Also Webber still can't buy a good start.

-Ferrari have built a fast car, with great race pace, and one that is better on its tyres than the Red Bull. Also Massa is back.

-This year's Mercedes is pretty good on its tyres, and is fast enough for Hamilton to pose a threat on a good day. Hopefully they don't drop off in form like they did last season.

-McLaren sought out to build a car that suits Button better, but seem to have made a dog in the process. 2 points so far, compared to the 40 they had this time last season. They're in trouble.

-Force India and Sutil are looking like they will pick up where they left off in 2011, the fastest of the non-frontrunners. Sutil is also about to continue the breaking down of the diRestamania.

-Bad luck for Nico, but Kobayashi should be in that second Sauber right now. Gutierrez is not ready for F1. Nice livery, though.

-Williams are hopeless. Badgift is back to his old ways, and the car is just too slow for Bottas to do anything with it now.

7 days of thunderstorms in a row. This sounds like my kind of race :sly:

This is what happens when you choose to always hold a race in Malaysia during monsoon season:

rfx4tX9.jpg

xGB37MT.jpg

The weather have gone quite bonker here as I live near the Sepang circuit, the storm cloud usually flew passed here before releasing it on the circuit. We've freaking hot afternoon and sudden thunderstorm in the evening. It can go either way around too as for this month of the year. :crazy:

So guys, I will be at Sepang this weekend as usual. Pictures and live updates will come right here for you guys and by looking at daily weather condition here, looks like we're heading to a wet weekend. Going to be a fun weekend! :D

Sweet, Prince!! Make sure you bring plenty of towels and raincoats. Too bad i can't go there, it's on my list to do but i'm stuck with my studying back in Kuching.

Sweet, Prince!! Make sure you bring plenty of towels and raincoats. Too bad i can't go there, it's on my list to do but i'm stuck with my studying back in Kuching.

Oh, that's bad. Yeah, many of my friends planned to go but it's just bad timing for them as they all have to study for their finals. I've been there for the last 8 years so yeah, it is expected to be wet throughout the weekend. Raincoats, towels and umbrella is a must! ;)

I'm currently in UMP Pahang and will make my way back to KL tomorrow evening.

Oh, that's bad. Yeah, many of my friends planned to go but it's just bad timing for them as they all have to study for their finals. I've been there for the last 8 years so yeah, it is expected to be wet throughout the weekend. Raincoats, towels and umbrella is a must! ;)

I'm currently in UMP Pahang and will make my way back to KL tomorrow evening.

👍, Prince.

-Williams are hopeless. Badgift is back to his old ways, and the car is just too slow for Bottas to do anything with it now.
Quite frankly, that is a ridiculous assumption! Yes, it was completely Maldonado's fault, but how on earth does that mean he's back to his old ways? During the last eight races of 2012 he kept the same pace he had shown earlier in the year, and raced well, but at the same time he caused no incidents. In other words, he cleaned up his act. I hardly see how spinning out of ONE race, means he is back to his old ways!

One race doesn't really make him going back to his old ways. But so does when he won his first race last year, didn't really make him change to be a better driver either. He's just fine, he's better than he was before in 2011 but he needs to stop making these small mistakes. That Williams car doesn't sound pleasing to drive either.

Doesnt this race start at around 3 am CST? I guess i'll sleep early and set an alarm cause i do not wanna miss this race.

Missing the 'Formula 1' tag again.

Sepang is certainly one of the best 'new' tracks although it is actually pretty old now. The biggest issue with it is obviously the time of the year and day they run the race.

I'm gonna hold off updating the track image in the first post due to the fact that both F1.com and FIA.com both show the track with only 1 drs zone, and all of the other stats and info on the page refers to this years race. (Including on the fia page the image itself has been updated with the race date on it.)

As I said I'm gonna wait. When I googled it earlier today there were also a couple of articles that said there would only be a single drs zone. I'm going to wait for the official map to be released, as the other map you posted isn't that nice a map (no offense) apart from having the possibly correct drs zones.

Very well. I found an FIA map.
http://www.fia.com/news/2013-malaysian-grand-prix-preview Bottom of page.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back