2013 Rolex 24 at Daytona (Grand-Am)

• Thread starter Mac K
  • 841 comments
Well after running into some issues I didn't see coming, I will be getting a late start today to heading down. My truck's hitch wiring has an issue somewhere in the line between fuse box and rear hookup but I have brake lights/turn signals so I can drive during the day.

Anyone know how good cell service is down there and is there anywhere easily found to plug in a phone to charge? Long story short as we are borrowing the camper/generator which forgot to put the battery in and generator doesn't seem to want to crank nor do I want to mess with trying to figure out why right now. So I will be having to find a place to charge my cell and camera outside my car for now (might resort to buying a inverter on the way down).

Today's the day! Stocked up on Red Bull, snacks, etc. Hopefully we have another long discussion during the course of the race like we did last year, that was awesome.

Mac K
Today's the day! Stocked up on Red Bull, snacks, etc. Hopefully we have another long discussion during the course of the race like we did last year, that was awesome.

Staying up for whole race?

Who is running the #8 Starworks car? Is it just Mayer and Bellarosa or is Charouz, Hartley and Tagliani with them? And which number is Christian Fitipaldi running?

Also where can I see live streaming? I have doubts that Grand-Am TV will show it now.

A perfect start to the race weekend.

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight: A 10 percent chance of showers after 8pm. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 52. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 75. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.

It's on Motors if you have Sky. If not I'm sure there'll be some links floating around later on.

Fraid not'. That why I asked, as you will probably know. Shame. The sad thing is that you can't do with Motors TV what you can with Eurosport. They don't offer a "MotorsTV Player" like Eurosport can. For just £2.99 per month you can watch Eurosport TV through your PC. If Motors TV offered a player device for a similar price, I would choose Motors TV every time.

Well since I can't watch the race, I'll be checking in here for updates and hopefully I can pull up the live timing from the website. Man I wish I was back in the states for this :grumpy:.

I've been looking around for some live streams, although I think it may be a bit early. Nonetheless, if anyone can find one, could you please post it here? Thanks

Well my friend's coming round to watch the race, so time to shift all the computers and TV's into a 6 foot space in front of the sofa, leaving enough room to get to the fridge and the snacks in the Kitchen.

Mostly I'll be watching the TV coverage and then looking for a stream for the rest, hook one of the computers up to the TV :). While away the hours posting on various forums (including a JPM forum... go 01!!)

All I've got to say is that I'm hopeful this one will surely be as intense as any other 24 Hours of Daytona. To all drivers, teams, and even the fans- best of luck to all of you. Be safe and enjoy another great Rolex 24 at Daytona.

GOTMAXPOWER
The #93 BMW driven by Priaulx is out because of a crash yesterday, hopefully the drivers join the line up in the other BMW and still get into the race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105284

Turner never has any luck.. The 24 always seems to bite them in some way. Race coverage starts at about 3:30 PM Eastern, so in about 4 1/2 hours. Race officially starts at 4:00 PM Eastern.

I'm going to have to put a large chunk of my life on hold for this.

Hey! Wilbur! IIRC, you were at Daytona last year, right? We'll probably have a few GTPlaneteers out there.

I'll be tuned in. Let's get this party going.. . . ;) :cheers:

Hey guys, can someone point me onto a good stream that runs well on PS3?

I tried the official feed from Grand-am and my PS frozes after few minutes.

Anyone else have same kind of problems? And yes, I have the PS on solid connection so no problem there.

Also, I haven't seen anyone post any spotters guide for the race so here's one that I found.

http://jalopnik.com/5979074/the-rolex-24-hours-of-daytona-the-complete-spotters-guide

Also here's SpeedTV's live streams.

http://stream.speedtv.com/rolex24

Last edited:
I'm not planning on staying up watching the whole race but I will watch as much as I can. Hopefully the #99 does well since they have had some bad luck these last few Daytona 24's but I'm not sure if they can win. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Back