2013 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

• Thread starter lbsf1
  • 476 comments
Kimi destroyed Sutil's advancing-into-Q2 time.

Wut. I get that he's implying he would have been faster, but still...

If you look closely, you can see a short plastic hose in Vettel's back pocket...

ONYA DANIEL! "Ricciardo? WoW."

Last edited:
That was such a dull session. I sort of wish I'd stayed in bed. Still, alternate strategies should make for a good race.

Danny boy in front of VETTEL?! AHAHAHAHA

WOO! What a Saturday!

Webber out of fuel, Vettel cocks up, tension indeed.

My boy Hamilton's on pole though, hell-yeah.

Can't wait for tomorrow, super proud of Lotus as well for their last-second charge!

He was looking to set a time until he aborted due to locking up the tires on his attempt. He did go out on Mediums, but he was planning on setting a quick lap to jump a couple spots, but went wide on his run and took it into parc ferme.

Button and Hulk purposefully didn't set times to conserve their tires/start on primes, just going around on constant speed.

Danny boy in front of VETTEL?! AHAHAHAHA

WOO! What a Saturday!

Webber out of fuel, Vettel cocks up, tension indeed.

My boy Hamilton's on pole though, hell-yeah.

Can't wait for tomorrow, super proud of Lotus as well for their last-second charge!

What are you laughing at? He purposely didn't set a time.

Ontop of that, if you notice when Vettel went wide at the hairpin, Ricciardo was right behind him. Vettel gave him a toe and went wide to get out of his way. Vettel wants to start on the mediums, and knew that the best he could get on those tyres was p8 or p9 anyway.

Last edited:
No he didn't, he was already cruising when he locked up.

I didn't watch it live on video, just listened and read the live commentary report afterward, so you definitely would know better than me. I'm just going by what I got from the sources I had, which really made it sound like what I said was the case. I'll check out a replay and see later myself, interested in seeing how that went down exactly.

Back