2013 US G.D. - Racecamp is finished! Nick McMillen (GumballCGT) is our champion!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,566 comments
  • 136,871 views
So as of right now it says nothing, which is my point.
 
Haha give it a go then, since we know they don't like to follow their own rules. :lol:
I'd try, but the demo killed my PS3.:grumpy:
How does driving the Z and GT-R at Silverstar compare to the real thing?
 
Admittedly on a conference call at work so haven't been able to dig through the comments, sorry if this has been asked...

Is there a way to see how many total entries there are, regional and global, to put our ranking in perspective?

Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Edit: NM found it, is there a way to see how many are competing in a given region.
 
Last edited:
2:18.680! :D I'm faster than Let_Canada_In (aka Turismo-lester) in sectors 1 and 3. Still need to figure out sector 2 though. I wonder if I'm the only one from Maryland in the top 31?
 
Last edited:
Haha give it a go then, since we know they don't like to follow their own rules. :lol:
I'd try, but the demo killed my PS3.:grumpy:
How does driving the Z and GT-R at Silverstar compare to the real thing?

Yeah exactly. Not our fault they didn't put it in there. And I'm sure it'll remain that way until someone brings it up to them. Just making my presence known. ;)

As far as the real thing, hard to tell with the 370Z since it would kind of compare to the cars used in the final race and since I didn't get seat time in those, can't really say. For the GT-R challenge though, every time I flash past the pit straight I get flashbacks. :dopey:
 
2:18.680! :D I'm faster than Let_Canada_In (aka Turismo-lester) in sectors 1 and 3. Still need to figure out sector 2 though. I wonder if I'm the only one from Maryland in the top 31?

I'll make sure to make that two when I get around to it! ;)
 
Just made it to 52nd, Sector 2 has improved alot, but the turn after the Hanger Straight is where i'm losing the most time! Hopefully i'll mix it up with you guys here in a few laps :P
 
Jumping back in to GT for the first time in a year and im super rusty only 2 22s for me so far I can see a ton of time on the table and I havent even tried to follow ghosts yet which is a plus for now. Gotta keep getting those cobwebs off.
 
Hm, going to have to put my brother on high alert for shipping of PS3. Haha.
 
Just red lapped two 2:18.3s :ouch:
 
I thought you were going to use the wheel? Is the car any different to drive with the ds3?

Like someone else said it would be nice to know who's ineligible in the top 31. I count 8, (sorry doodle).
 
Like someone else said it would be nice to know who's ineligible in the top 31. I count 8, (sorry doodle).

Until I see something that says I'm not, "ineligible" doesn't mean anything to me.
 
Until I see something that says I'm not, "ineligible" doesn't mean anything to me.

Well ok. I remember reading it in one of the first announcements, why it was left out of the official rules on the usa website is a mystery. Haven't we been down this road before? :)
 
More than likely.

If you want a confirmation, email them. Not our fault they forgot a key piece of info. :)

In any case, I'll continue running just for personal satisfaction.
 
turn 9 really is make or break for the entire run, if you don't nail the turn-in just right you're *****d.
 
I thought you were going to use the wheel? Is the car any different to drive with the ds3?

I figured by the time I'm 18, I'll probably loose interest in GT Academy, probably gonna do more iRacing. I actually did try it with the wheel at first and I just couldn't get a grip with the car. So I'm just gonna use the DS3. :)

Like someone else said it would be nice to know who's ineligible in the top 31. I count 8, (sorry doodle).

It's fine! :lol:
 
Why are we calling it top 31? I thought the top 32 went on?
 
Because of the Racer X winner. He won the first spot.
 
Why are we calling it top 31? I thought the top 32 went on?

Yea thats what i thought too. Why r people saying 31?

Also, if someone is inelligible in he top 31/32. Do they take the 33rd person?
 
Ah I thought it was 32 plus 1, My bad
 
New Leader ;)

Nice job! I won't be able to give this a go until Saturday because I'll be out of town.
 
Thanks! I red lapped it so many times before I got lucky with that one. On a side note, you're crazy with that DS3.
 
7933 entries in the USA so far.
 
Well, to call this a success we at least have to beat 2011, which had over 50,000 players. Don't know if we'll beat last year with over 400,000, but I'm leaning toward yes, we'll just have to wait and see how the ball rolls.
 
Holy crap I just red lighted a 2:14.xxx! HA HA!... I totally cut through the grass at 12 and 13! ;)
 
Well, to call this a success we at least have to beat 2011, which had over 50,000 players. Don't know if we'll beat last year with over 400,000, but I'm leaning toward yes, we'll just have to wait and see how the ball rolls.

Unless they offer in game incentives, for GT5 or GT6, I think it highly unlikely that GTA will achieve 2012 numbers and doubt it will achieve 2011 levels either. I suspect the majority of the seriously casual GT players won't bother unless the aforementioned incentives are offered and announced. I know I'm not all that concerned about setting times in the qualifying TTs since there's nothing really to be gained. Be nice if they changed that. I'll do my best to gold them all anyway, just in case.
 
Well looks like I'm out of the top 10, and I'm not the fastest DS3. :lol: Looking forward to coming home on Saturday, but it won't be fun seeing myself fall down the leaderboard.
 
Back