2013 US G.D. - Racecamp is finished! Nick McMillen (GumballCGT) is our champion!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,566 comments
Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but it feels like the car handles better on shorter runs than it does after 10-20 consecutive laps. I don't think it's actually happening since tire wear isn't a factor, so heat in the tires shouldn't make any difference.
As someone's that slides the car like mad, I can tell you that there's no point running more than three consecutive laps. Don't know if the tires lose more grip when they are warm but they certainly lose grip faster.

As someone's that slides the car like mad, I can tell you that there's no point running more than three consecutive laps. Don't know if the tires lose more grip when they are warm but they certainly lose grip faster.

👍 agree

So it's not just me then.

I decided to up ABS to 10 and gained .4 seconds to put me back in the top 200 for now. Still have time to gain out there. Currently at a 2'19.8, but I think I can get closer to 2'18 if I don't make any mistakes.

Found a spot in my lap where i can gain .2 tenths its just a matter of me keeping up with my ghost till i get there which is super tough. I'm itching for that 2.18.5 lap and that will probably be my limit.

I've fallen out of the top 31 :( The good news is that I'm on my way home right now so I can try very hard to gain some positions back. I remembered that I had a 17.9 possible before I left. Hopefully I can get close to that tonight. Well done to reude for getting a 17.7 👍

I've fallen out of the top 31 :( The good news is that I'm on my way home right now so I can try very hard to gain some positions back. I remembered that I had a 17.9 possible before I left. Hopefully I can get close to that tonight. Well done to reude for getting a 17.7 👍

Either way what you doing on controller is fast 👍

GTPorsche
So it's not just me then.

I decided to up ABS to 10 and gained .4 seconds to put me back in the top 200 for now. Still have time to gain out there. Currently at a 2'19.8, but I think I can get closer to 2'18 if I don't make any mistakes.

Guess I'll try that at some point too, then. :P
I think I'm close to you now, chased outlaw's low 2'18 lap and ended with 2'19.6. I was ahead at T1 (but they all say that:lol:).

Good luck! :cheers:

FINALLY !!!!! Lol got a 2:18.378. Was on pace for a .1 coming down that last straight before last couple turns, but I always choke in right hander after straight so I drove into corner way to.easy but no complaints at least I beat my previous best lap. :dopey:

Ah you got me! I invalidated a 17.9 last night in the last corner...PS3 hasn't been on since haha

This competition seems like it will be pretty tight towards the end. I think it might be better just to wait until the last week then try to put some real effort into it that way I can have a clear goal of what time is needed to make the cut.

I would hate to lay down new times everyday only to get bumped out continuously. I don't know how you guys can do it.

Well guys, this is your favorite crippled person at it once again this year. :lol: I'm still in the practice stages and have yet to take a real serious lap around the place yet. Just doing the practice sessions first, with the help of Tidgney's videos, trying to get good at them first before I try to tackle the whole track, which I started out not knowing at all. I started out last year in the WRS at D4 Bronze and have improved to a D3 Gold ranking so I know I'm making progress with my skillset slowly but surely. Probably no real threat to anyone again this year, but the practice and experience can't hurt. Also reading through these Academy threads I have learned a lot from you more experienced and talented drivers and I thank you for sharing your knowledge. Maybe in the next year or two I can really give this a serious go.

Some may find this selfish or unsportsmanlike but my goal is simple. All I want is to be part of the 30 or whatever it is to make the trip to the finals to compete with the best of the best. In my physical condition and with the meds I take, there is no way I would be allowed to go any further and I'm ok with that. All I want is to stand on that stage and compete with the very people I have admired for so long. Getting to meet everyone would just be a blast. You guys have been like inspirations to me over the course of this game and some are like idols and getting to personally thank you all would be like a dream come true. That's my simple goal in all this. Like I said, it may sound selfish as they would have to DQ me and get the next person in line, but to me its a small price for letting a cripple realize his goal.

As for my health, I can now walk with the aid of a cane, but my physical activities are limited. Between my age, now 47, and my health, there is just no way I could go on and be a successful race car driver like I have always wanted to be. I have come to terms with the reality that it will never happen and I'm ok with that. As long as I can achieve my goal of making the trip on my time alone, I will be more than happy.

Thanks again to all who have inspired, helped, and shared their knowledge. Someday I WILL be there to personally thank you all.

Mitch "CargoRatt"
NGU

GoinForTheGusto
This competition seems like it will be pretty tight towards the end. I think it might be better just to wait until the last week then try to put some real effort into it that way I can have a clear goal of what time is needed to make the cut.

I would hate to lay down new times everyday only to get bumped out continuously. I don't know how you guys can do it.

That's my plan. No way I could spend that much time doing laps, I get frustrated easily. Will do some here and there until the last week. IMO the online trials are too long.

So close to a 17, yet so far. I had about 6-7 great chances lost because I just can't do Sector 4 like I did that one special lap.

Finally home. :) Improved to a 2:18.346 so far for 17th. I've invalidated an 18.2 and a 17.9 is definitely possible now.

outlaw4rc
So close to a 17, yet so far. I had about 6-7 great chances lost because I just can't do Sector 4 like I did that one special lap.

I can match you in the first sector, then fail after that.

Damn aliens. :P

Finally been able to spend some time playing this thing! Moved myself up to 28th at the moment but there's plenty of time for me to make up. Stupid little mistakes like going over the curb too far have cost me low 2:18s. I don't miss this at all from last year lol.

What position are you sitting so far? 👍

And also congratulations to doodle! Are you still running your DS3 or have you moved to the wheel?

I just did the practice so far, started the 4th one tonight :), i will start doing laps tommorow, loving the new physic so far!

goodluck all!:cheers:

I am considering melting my PS3. I just invalidated a potential 2:17.2-2:17.4. I was about 1.5 lengths behind Ti-Tech's ghost going into Copse. I decided to run a tad conservative into Copse before braking late and sliding wide into the 2nd to last turn. Wound up about 6 lengths behind at 2:17.901.

I don't know how I'm going to break my PS3.

haha, yeah, sounds like you need to take the rest of today and tomorrow off.

CarCzar
I am considering melting my PS3. I just invalidated a potential 2:17.2-2:17.4. I was about 1.5 lengths behind Ti-Tech's ghost going into Copse. I decided to run a tad conservative into Copse before braking late and sliding wide into the 2nd to last turn. Wound up about 6 lengths behind at 2:17.901.

I don't know how I'm going to break my PS3.

You're in the top 32. Breathe.

I would kill to be that fast.

Aghh i was on track to get a 2.18.5 and ruined it by braking to late down to club corner. Its gonna be another few sessions till i get that back.

2:17.800. Had an amazing Brooklands and Luffield to actually gain time on Ti-tech, but screwed up big time at Copse.

doodlemonoply
2:17.800. Had an amazing Brooklands and Luffield to actually gain time on Ti-tech, but screwed up big time at Copse.

You might want to get a wheel and start practicing for the national finals. ;)

Back