2013 WRS World Cup : Team USA Discussions

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 224 comments
Too bad DZ... I guess you should have qualified earlier when you were running those gold laps.

I'll be on after dinner, which tonight is after the big boys bedtime. He's been having a rough time recently. I'll update this post when I log on, unless someone else beats me to it.

Guys... I can't quali for about 20-30 mins now... lost the window.

I want to thank all the Team USA drivers for all the preparation and great practice sessions. Regardless of how the races turn out tomorrow it was really fun gathering as a team almost every night and that includes the Canada guys who joined us a few times. It's nice to get the NA guys to come out and play and work toward a common goal! 👍

Good luck tomorrow... I'll be heavily distracted by my "director duties" so not sure how I'm going to perform on track, but I've done all I can do to prepare to this point. Except of course another simulated full length race late tonight, this time at Spa, if you guys are interested. :lol:

Overall qualification deadline is tomorrow and I didn't make the USA deadline so is it possible to do a late qualifier today or tonight?

Last call Jared. Qualifying deadline is approaching. 4 hours from this post. There are stewards in the lounge from now until the deadline.

Is anyone having connection issues with the GT5 online server? It won't allow me to do anything.

We should do more team challenges, maybe with a set hp, set weight, cars from different countries (Nissan- Japan, Ferrari- Italy, ford- USA, etc.), and have some different tracks from different countries too.

Is anyone having connection issues with the GT5 online server? It won't allow me to do anything.

Can you give more details? What happens when you try to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge? Can you see your friends when you go to the Community tab? This is the first I've seen of problems today, but we definitely had some weirdness last night. Sometimes quitting GT5 and rebooting the PS3, and maybe even resetting your router, helps things. Also try clearing your cache from the Network icon in Options.

Can you give more details? What happens when you try to join the GTP_3D3Racing lounge? Can you see your friends when you go to the Community tab? This is the first I've seen of problems today, but we definitely had some weirdness last night. Sometimes quitting GT5 and rebooting the PS3, and maybe even resetting your router, helps things. Also try clearing your cache from the Network icon in Options.

Sure. The game itself was freezing at the main menu each time I would enter as well as much longer than usual loading times. At first it was unable to establish a connection to the server (lobby & seasonal events) but now there seem to be no issues. Disc was clean, but a reboot was needed. Now sitting in main lounge. 👍 thanks

We should do more team challenges, maybe with a set hp, set weight, cars from different countries (Nissan- Japan, Ferrari- Italy, ford- USA, etc.), and have some different tracks from different countries too.

Yah, we should... if someone else organizes it I'll participate. :lol:

Lucky... you got your wish. You are in oink's room and should be on the stream!

Your connections will be put to the test though... 16 drivers in your room.

I"m going to be online tonight, but not until maybe closer to 9 PM Pacific... Been a long long day.

If your gonna do a practice race at spa, I think I'll try to join it tonight, but might get a little close to dinner

Is there any way this event could get some more coverage on the front page, it's something I'd be interested in following...

Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun with this. On Fuji, I ran about the perfect race for me. A small mistake towards the beginning that let Oink by (which was inevitable). After the stops were sorted out I was running 12th, which I was pretty happy with. Al must have been on a 2 stop race, though, as he was catching me pretty quickly at the end. He caught my draft on the last straight, and got me at the line by .057 seconds. Had the finish line been 5 meters closer to the corner I would have held on.

Spa, on the other hand, was a bit of disaster. I wasn't sure if we were starting or not until the chicane, and I lost a bit of concentration in the confussion. I missed my braking point in the hairpin (fortunately avoiding hitting anyone), and again at the end of the Kemmel Straight, where I'm not sure how I didn't take out half the field :dunce:. From then, I was at the back with little hope of catching up. Ren went off and I got by him, but I went off just after and he got me back. I feel bad for letting the team down in race two. Sorry guys :ouch:.

Congratz to the entire Team USA crew (both sub teams). We managed to pull off the upset victory and put the Stars & Stripes at the top of the podium! 👍

Great contributions from everybody... whether it was EDK holding off any and all chargers and defending the rear flank, Lucas for two steady results and keeping a calm head despite any diversity, DZ for the best driving performance of the entire event, and all of Team USA White for being great team players, putting in a lot of effort and humoring my over-organizing tendencies.

And Sean too for agreeing to drive for Team Canada... you can share in the sweet taste of our victory wine too! 👍

ASTEROESSA.gif

I made a huge mistake early in the Fuji race, but no way was I going to let it get to me. I pushed like crazy because I didn't want to disappoint you guys! All the hard work really paid off.

Thanks for making this event and WRS-Online so successful and celebrating 100 weeks of 3D3 Racing in style!

Back