2013 WRS World Cup : Team USA Discussions

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 224 comments
Team USA white- I messed up, and the Blu Daytona Metallizzato is Alfa Romeo, but not the car I specified, Sorry.
I have 4 of them so let me know if I need to send them.

Also on the qualifying, I am all in for a group qualification if we can. I would like to do it Thursday night (and hopefully we've practice together a couple times before that). But if someone can't, I am open every night this week after 8pm Mountain time. If someone needs earlier let me know and I will try to move things around.
But as the week goes on, if one of us cant commit to a time, lets not wait to long and just decide to run solo.

Let me know what you think.:)

Note: it's also legal to just run 2 of you if you can't coordinate all together... i.e. All 4, 2 + 2, 3 + 1 or each solo. Only rule is no driver can run it twice.

Last edited:
I'll be on tonight and in the main lounge around 8:30 PM PST as usual.

Me too, most likely. Tues is a little iffy now, and I'm prioritizing Thurs for quali.

I'll be in my lounge for a while, gotta work on consistency and spa

Edit: moved to main lounge

Last edited:
If I make it at all tonight, it will most likely not be before 10pm PT. And I might rather want to practice the 458 @ Nurb instead, since I have a chance of making that race.

I'll be up for Nurb practice at 10:00 PM in the main lounge... Let me know when you're on Lucas. I'll go post in the event thread.

Maybe I will do some World Cup practice at Fuji in the B lounge between ~8:30 and 9:45 PM Pacific before moving to the main lounge around 10:00 PM.

Feel free to send me one of the blues for team white. I'm hoping to get on later tonight, and definitely tomorrow. I'm good for Quali thursday, what time shall we do this?

So just so I can feel less confused about team Blue :dunce:, do we look for a car in the premium dealership or do we need to have someone give away a paint chip, or do we get a car given to us?

Feel free to send me one of the blues for team white. I'm hoping to get on later tonight, and definitely tomorrow. I'm good for Quali thursday, what time shall we do this?

No problem Greg, when you get on, respond to my friend request, and I will send it.
I am open anytime on Thursday after 6pm MT for qualifying, If Team Red does there qualifying Thursday night, hopefully there will be a steward around.:)

So just so I can feel less confused about team Blue :dunce:, do we look for a car in the premium dealership or do we need to have someone give away a paint chip, or do we get a car given to us?

Hey Lefty, I sent you a paint chip last night after practice.👍

Ill be in the B lounge if anyone wants to practice

Can't stay too late tonight, but headed that way.

My plans got cancelled and I'll be on around 8:40pm PT. :)

For once the word cancel is a good thing. :sly: See you in an hour or so. Still would like to run FUji a bit to keep the rust off before switching to the green hell.

No practice for me tonight. A friend of ours was on America's Got Talent, so my wife and I watched that together. Not my favorite show, but it was cool to see a friend on tv. See you tomorrow night.

No practice for me tonight. A friend of ours was on America's Got Talent, so my wife and I watched that together. Not my favorite show, but it was cool to see a friend on tv. See you tomorrow night.

What was your friend doing as far as the act? I think I have it on DVR.

WRP001
What was your friend doing as far as the act? I think I have it on DVR.

She's in the military spouse's choir. They showed her talking to her husband on the pc at one point. Early they show a picture of her and her husband and kids. It's pretty cool to see a friend on tv. Her husband and I were just groomsmen in another buddy's wedding not long ago.

Team white, do you guys have a certain time you guys will qualify, might be better to quali as a group instead of individual

I'm guessing 9pm PT? I can be on from ~7pm till whenever tomorrow night.

I'm guessing 9pm PT? I can be on from ~7pm till whenever tomorrow night.

You are on Team USA Red and yes we are at 9 PM PT on thursday although not sure still if EDK is running with us or solo...

DZ's talking about the other USA team and suggesting they run a group quali.... I think.

WRP001
You are on Team USA Red and yes we are at 9 PM PT on thursday although not sure still if EDK is running with us or solo...

DZ's talking about the other USA team and suggesting they run a group quali.... I think.

Tomorrow night is good for me. After 9pm eastern, before midnight.

Right, so Team USA White could run before Team USA Red... we're not running until at least midnight eastern. We'll need another driver to watch Team Red... doesn't have to be a steward since we have two or three stewards participating on Team Red, but there must be at least one observer regardless. Most likely one of Team Red's stewards can watch Team White's quali as well.

Tomorrow night is good for me. After 9pm eastern, before midnight.

Sounds good to me.👍 I can be on most of the night, so I am still open for anytime.
Need Lefty and dale to post what time they can make it.:)
(I will send them a PM )

Right, so Team USA White could run before Team USA Red... we're not running until at least midnight eastern. We'll need another driver to watch Team Red... doesn't have to be a steward since we have two or three stewards participating on Team Red, but there must be at least one observer regardless. Most likely one of Team Red's stewards can watch Team White's quali as well.

Unless something unforeseen happens, (major storm takes out internet,etc) and nobody else is around, I would be glad to stay and watch team red qualify.👍

Little has Boy Scouts on Thur. so I won't be able to show up until 9pm.

Left means 9:00 PM Pacific.

It's not problem to qualify solo also. If 3 members on the team qualify in a pack the 4th can qualify solo. Sometimes schedules just don't mesh. Or teams could do two groups of 2 so everybody gets a little assist.

Left means 9:00 PM Pacific.

It's not problem to qualify solo also. If 3 members on the team qualify in a pack the 4th can qualify solo. Sometimes schedules just don't mesh. Or teams could do two groups of 2 so everybody gets a little assist.

So we'll see when Dale can qualify. I don't mind waiting for lefty if he wants to run with someone, or if Dale needs to be late, I will run with greg if he wants. Etc

Nice having all the options, thanks Tim.

Overall qualification deadline is tomorrow and I didn't make the USA deadline so is it possible to do a late qualifier today or tonight?

Overall qualification deadline is tomorrow and I didn't make the USA deadline so is it possible to do a late qualifier today or tonight?

Jared, you can qualify as a free agent anytime until the quali deadline. Just make your qualification run solo (post here when you are ready for a steward to watch). You will be assigned to a team after the quali deadline.

There are several others in your shoes and several teams with open slots. But we also have a question about TEam Belgium and whether they will even show up as constituted.... So I see two scenarios (both of which have you and all free agents racing if they are committed to making the event):
  1. Team Belgium survives. That leaves 4 teams with only 3 drivers and an open slot on each (UK, Nederland, Oranje, Belgium). Four open slots and 3 potential free agents. Pick your teams in this case although the priority will be to fill teams that may drop to 2 drivers due to cancellations (people not showing to quali means they cancel by default unless they notify us).
  2. Team Belgium dissolves. Noize becomes a free agent making it 4. The three free agents plus n0ize will form "Team International" getting the event back to a full 12 teams.

This plan requires the free agents to be flexible, but no matter what you can race if you want, so prepare to do so. Make sure to qualify before the deadline so your time will apply no matter what the outcome.

PS> Mamba contacted me this morning is a maybe at this point. GTP_ealirendur is having wheel problems so may have to drop. Still no word from GTP_Racingworld or GTP_Straffestef, they've dropped off the GTPlanet sphere completely, and I don't expect them to participate. Also, I suspect we'll get a few cancels by the quali deadline... lots of moving parts, but after the deadline we'll solidify everything.

If the scouts are just goofing around tonight I might be able to blast off a little earlier this evening so I'm thinking that I'll be around between 8-9

Hey guys, sadly this afternoon I just came down with a massive headache and I doubt I'll be able to qualify, I'll see how I'm feeling in the morning and if anything I'll qualify solo.

Back