2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
I'm just wondering what happens with Di Maria. Do we give him another season or sell him? He started great being involved in almost everything but since then has done nothing.

Di Maria needs to hit the gym, he's so scrawny. Hopefully gets a bit stronger for next season, I wouldn't want to get rid after just 1 year.

I think Di Maria has had a good first season but his performances dropped alarmingly since that attempted burglary on his house whilst him and his family were there a while back, he is still second on the list of top assist makers in the league with 10 behind Fabregas I believe..

...there was a boycott by beleaguered Newcastle fans yesterday, there was also a protest outside St James's before the Spurs game, Newcastle say the attendance was 47000+ but it looked a lot les than that!

Kouyate will face no further action over his elbow to David Silva's face yesterday as he was booked for it, Silva was stretchered off but has been cleared of a suspected fractured cheekbone and could play at the weekend.

A small anniversary for fellow Man United fans today, it was on this day last year that David Moyes got sacked, I think its fair to say we have improved a bit since then!

Sorry to double post but Sunderland midfielder Adam Johnson has been charged with three counts of having sexual intercourse with a girl under 16 and one count of grooming...

Games this weekend

Saturday
Burnley v Leicester
Crystal Palace v Hull
Man City v Aston Villa (5.30 Sky)
Newcastle v Swansea
QPR v West Ham
Southampton v Tottenham (12.45 BT)
Stoke v Sunderland
West Brom v Liverpool

Sunday
Arsenal v Chelsea (4.00 Sky)
Everton v Man United (1.30 Sky)

Both Sunday games look tasty, Burnley v Leicester is massive at the bottom..

United lost to Everton 3-0 and were horrific, we missed Carrick badly...

Arsenal v Chelsea on now..

Also, where is everyone??

Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea full time, another significant step towards the title for Chelsea, first half good second half meh...

@daan, despite those two defeats I still think we are a bit better right now than we under Moyes...

@Dustone, Szczesny was reportedly caught smoking in the changing room after a match a while ago and was dropped, Ospina has started every league game since and Szczesny has played in Arsenal cup run

Congrats to Eden Hazard and Harry Kane for winning the player of the year and young player of the year respectively, both fully deserved 👍👍👍

@Dustone, Szczesny was reportedly caught smoking in the changing room after a match a while ago and was dropped, Ospina has started every league game since and Szczesny has played in Arsenal cup run
It was the Southampton game. Anyway. Well done Bournemouth and hope there are many South Coast derbies to come.

Yeah Bournemouth all but in the Premier League next season, its going to take a 19 goal defeat away to Charlton on the final day Saturday to say otherwise!

Its a fantastic story, in the 09/10 season they started on -17 points in League Two!....

Yeah Bournemouth all but in the Premier League next season, its going to take a 19 goal defeat away to Charlton on the final day Saturday to say otherwise!

Its a fantastic story, in the 09/10 season they started on -17 points in League Two!....
That's just fantastic. You thought my club's, Southampton, promotion campaign was good, I have to say that Bournemouth's is better.

Congrats to Eden Hazard and Harry Kane for winning the player of the year and young player of the year respectively, both fully deserved 👍👍👍

Thanks for that. Could be a blessing in disguise for Arsenal with their recent form??

So it was Hull v Liverpool tonight in Liverpool's game in hand from their Cup semi final.....and Hull won 1-0!! :lol::lol:

So Chelsea just beat Leicester 3-1, Leicester started the better and went ahead through Albrighton's first goal for the club but Chelsea came back strongly in the second half with goals from Drogba Terry and Ramires, this means Chelsea now are 13 points clear at the top and will win the title on Sunday with a win at home to Crystal Palace...

Games this weekend....

Saturday
Aston Villa v Everton
Leicester v Newcastle (12.45 BT)
Liverpool v QPR
Man United v West Brom (5.30 Sky)
Sunderland v Southampton
Swansea v Stoke
West Ham v Burnley

Sunday
Chelsea v Crystal Palace (1.30 Sky)
Tottenham v Man City (4.00 Sky)

Monday Night
Hull v Arsenal (8.00 Sky)

Chelsea can win the league with a win on Sunday, its also the final day of the normal Football League season this weekend too...

If Man City and Arsenal lose Chelsea win it anyway, so to be honest I don't see them really showing up to any of the games they have left this season.

Looks like I'll be giving MotD a miss tonight. However, The Football League Show is a must watch. Incredible day in the Championship.

Very eventful day! United lost again (:grumpy:), Newcastle suffered their eighth consecutive win and Carver accused Williamson of deliberately getting himself sent off, Burnley and QPR look doomed, unbelievable day in the Championship! congrats to Bournemouth (what a fantastic story that is!) and to Watford and I've no words to say on Blackpool..at all!, elsewhere Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 29th hat-trick for Real and Barcelona spanked Granada 0-8 away from home!...

So they had to win...and they did, I will hold my hands up and say they deserve it, they have been the best teams with the best players by a mile and I know they haven't really played well lately but they have got the results and they were superb at the start of the season and I think they have been top since about August, so yeah, well done to them..

Hate Chelsea, hate Mourinho, but I gotta admire what they did there.

Will see how much United and City spend this summer to try and compete.

Anyway, Spurs played well and lost but maybe just maybe they can avoid Europa League next season if Villa win the cup and Southampton put some form together. I think some players like Eriksen and Mason are tired after a long season and need some rest.

Latest Posts

Back